cavegod

UCS Imperial Landing Craft

Wait, are you disassembling your Lambda to make this? Either way, it's looking better and better. I really like the detailing on the bottom.

yep bye bye lambda, legos version is replacing it and it's more or less identical no point having 2! anyway most of it will live on in this moc especially the wings!

before xmas i'd have thought i have all the parts it's just the time it takes to get it right!

yep bye bye lambda, legos version is replacing it and it's more or less identical no point having 2! anyway most of it will live on in this moc especially the wings!

:cry_sad:

Why not keep yours and ransack TLG's? I'd do that if it were mine; doesn't the one you did have any sentimental value?

I dismantle MOCs to make other MOCs all the time so it probably isn't a big deal for him. For me any "sentimental value" is in the memories of research and experimentation that went into building an MOC rather than the finished product (because I'm never satisfied with it

I think there's just too much of a gap between the large fuselage and the smaller one. Still have doubts about the brickbuilt head...

I dismantle MOCs to make other MOCs all the time so it probably isn't a big deal for him. For me any "sentimental value" is in the memories of research and experimentation that went into building an MOC rather than the finished product (because I'm never satisfied with it

I think there's just too much of a gap between the large fuselage and the smaller one. Still have doubts about the brickbuilt head...

I dismantle my MOCs too, what I'm saying is that in a choice between yours and a stock TLG model, when they are all but identical, wouldn't you want to disassemble the stock model?

but then i will have two models the same and i don't have space for 2 of the same same i have the 10212 so the other has to go plus TLG's is a lot lighter !

there is a gap between the body and the tail because it is a WIP. :wacko:

It's looking nice Peter, alot better than the last time I saw it in Real life :P

(as you can see I finally joined euro bricks)

It's looking nice Peter, alot better than the last time I saw it in Real life :P

(as you can see I finally joined euro bricks)

wey hey Tom has entered the building!

back to the model does anybody think that the main body needs to be a bit wider?

More Lambda destruction resulted in the top wing today but it just seems wrong somehow can't quite figure out what though.

PA260131.jpg

yep, i will make a few changes but not that many as it fits the job perfectly, as when i watch the scene from the film at 10x zoom and go through it frame by frame all i can see is the lambda cockpit even the windscreen is in the same place.

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_501legion_sentinelshuttle_film2.jpg

I think it looks good so far. If all else fails wait until SW comes out on blu-ray. That'll get you the clear zoom needed to get the details perfect.

Don't know if you've seen this or this before which might give you another perspective. Best of luck in completing this MOC.

AC

thanks for those AC but i have the book, it is similar to the movie version but not close enough although i think my version is going to be a mix of all the versions i can find.

Hmm, is the wing too tall? Maybe that's why it looks wrong. Maybe try moving it farther back too?

I agree, the top wing is just too big. The head is dwarfed even more than on the official model.

The Essential Guide isn't known for its 100% accuracy. (Look what they've done to the Tantive IV!)

That side view is looking real good though. It's very exciting to see a UCS model coming along. (Makes me wish I had enough parts to make one of my own...)

ok i have made the top wing a lot smaller in height and also in length, i think it fits well now.

PA270132.jpg

come on Bricklinkers will one of you part out 10215!!

Edited by cavegod

yet again 2 more pictures for your perusal!

a few greebs on the rear top.

PA290135.jpg

and one with one rear wing almost complete

PA290133.jpg

i built it the same as the 10212 so that the rear wings would fold up and down by turning a crank built into the greebs on the top, but alas the gear train is just not strong enough to cope with the wings i presume the reason why 10212 works is because it has two sets of gears and thus less strain, the gear that slips is the bevel gear at right angles to the small bevel gear on the worm drive gearbox. So now it will just be manual folding wings.

Hmm, not familiar with the construction of 10212, but are you using regular gears? if so, wouldn't a screw make it work?

yep i'm using to screw/worm drives, they are fine it's the bevel gears teeth slipping thats the problem.

yep i'm using to screw/worm drives, they are fine it's the bevel gears teeth slipping thats the problem.

How about these?

32072.jpg

I have a few, never had an issue with them slipping. :classic: