Unless there were two copies of one bag and no copies of another!

I have had a complete bag missing from a set before, but that was in 1998.

Hey AllanP,

Yup, I've got 2 geared rotators (4520872), 2 grey hollow squares (4539880), 4 yellow #1 small panels (4558879) and 2 yellow #2 small panels (4558876), so it seems that bag was duplicated.

Edit: I just got off the phone with TLG, they're sending me a new "Bag #2" which contains all the pieces I'm missing. Just gotta put this off 2 wks until I receive the parts.

Edited by Taiphun

Does anyone know where to get the inventory for the B-Model? I think I might have nearly enough pieces to build it without taking apart the A-Model, but I am not sure. It's not at the back of the B-model manual.

If someone still needs it. I made it in SW BrickStore.

8043 B model inventory

Edited by dorfl

really want to get this set, but it is not in my budget any time soon, hopefully it will still be available in september

Yesterday, I found these sets at a Myer store and the price in the brochure is $279!

saw them at Ringwood (Eastland) Myer and got a extra 10% off (about Aust $30 ) for having a Myer One Card (Wife's card)

Edited by Phantom59

This is a very challenging build. One mistake can set you back an hour of un-building to fix a mistake. I was nearly 100% mistake free and goofed on book 2, page 78 and 79. I used 32013.gif when I should have used 32039.gif and didn't notice the issue until I was trying to build the cockpit and discovered the issue. Removing the erroneous part was easy but putting the pin with the correct part was hard because there wasn't much room inside to hold the large gray gear in place and I had spent nearly 30 minutes dissembling in order to get the gears back in and all back together.

I bought this set last week when Amazon had a sale. The box is gianormous! I started building it last night. Took me just 30 minutes to sort out the parts, and 2 hours just for the bottle half of the machine. Next step will be the "engine" module. I think it'll take me a week to finish this model with my work schedule, but I'm sure it'll look awesome!

If you have lots of spare technic parts and a couple M, an XL, and a remote controller you should look at http://www.jurgenstechniccorner.com/

Full control of all functions without needing to switch transmission. It's a bit hard to read instruction at time since it doesn't make clear distinction on what axel size are used. A few pictures are out of focus as well, making placement of parts tricky. I built mine and needed to buy an XL plus a remote as I had all other parts. I used standard "AAA" battery box instead of rechargeable battery box, both are the same size.

@ BachAddict: Blakbird's LARGE photos are in this Brickshelf gallery, but they are too big to place directly into his original post. The maximum allowable picture size on Eurobricks is 800x600 pixels. Since the time Blakbird did his review, he changed computer servers; that's why the image links are broken.

Edited by DLuders