Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] "I am your Father!"

gallery_101_23_281.gif

12631571411_DISPLAY.jpg

One of my favorite scenes, but it was hard to decide to build it. For the contest round I was in, the judge (in the end, he wasn't a very good one) decided we could build anything. Now, while that sounds easy, it means that I had to pick one thing of my own choosing with no limiting parameters from 25,000 years of fictitious history. :hmpf_bad: But I think it turned out pretty well. I was building this in a hurry, so I didn't build as much as I wanted to, and since I didn't get a chance to research the scene on the 'Net, I ended up building it all from a piece of concept are from the book The Art of The Empire Strikes Back.

1263156539m_DISPLAY.jpg

Finished January 2010, see more on MOCpages.

C&C welcome.

This is a pretty nice MOC brickdoctor, I think you really captured the scene very well. What I like about this is how you used the interlocking droid arms for the railings - yet another unconventional but very clever technique. Good job! :thumbup:

BTW, was Luke wearing tan during that scene? I can't remember that detail and I'm too lazy to check it out. :tongue:

well kiel, your right, he was wearing black but to be fair, it doesnt realy matter. what does matter is the build/moc.

which i think is pretty solid, i love the attention to detail on the "thing" luke is standing on. btw is that lukes hand i see, falling to the bottom, it looks like its suspended in some type of gel

btw is that lukes hand i see, falling to the bottom, it looks like its suspended in some type of gel

From what I see I think it's a trans-clear 1x1 round brick holding the 'cut' arm of Luke

From what I see I think it's a trans-clear 1x1 round brick holding the 'cut' arm of Luke

i see it now, cheers! still it only realy just got in the pic but to me, thats makes it look like its actully falling!

Actually Luke was wearing tan but darker than the tan used here :wink:

This MOC is purely awesome but I expect nothing more from BrickDoctor!

well kiel, your right, he was wearing black but to be fair, it doesnt realy matter. what does matter is the build/moc.

Actually, he was waring tan...

That's an impressive MOC Brickdocter! nice job! I like the 'falling' hand.

Luke was wearing what would be Light Nougat :tongue: on LEGO's color palate, but I used the tan in place of the official tan Bespin outfit, which I don't have. The hand is on the end of a clear stick with stud on the end. (the name escapes me, but it was the stand for the Ewok glider in the Battle of Endor set.

which i think is pretty solid, i love the attention to detail on the "thing" luke is standing on. btw is that lukes hand i see, falling to the bottom, it looks like its suspended in some type of gel

Nice MoC

BTW: he was wearing tan.

Great entry, I like the framing for the platform.

Thanks. Not my best, though.

Haha nice discussion so far :-).

Very effective little MOC, Doc. The Vader in chrome is impressive... did you build this at least partially just to show him off? :wink::vader:

Nice work with the "falling" hand too!

The Vader in chrome is impressive... did you build this at least partially just to show him off? :wink::vader:

Maybe....

I just happen to be addicted to him. :tongue:

I mean really, what's there to show off in a supposedly rare figure that was sold in Europe for the equivalent of under 30 bucks? Those two Chrome Vaders I have are worth only 1 Cloud City Boba Fett and 1/5 of a Chrome C-3PO, with the same value as a Kashyyyk Trooper, which was a mass produced minifig from an under-$100 set!

Edited by Brickdoctor

Very nice MoC! :)

vader.jpg

Don't you mean the 'MegaBloks Side of the Brick'?

Edited by Brickdoctor

Yes!!! :D

you can say it like this too!

I didn't want to put any real name not to give any problems to the forum. ;)

I didn't want to put any real name not to give any problems to the forum. ;)

????? :sceptic: