Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Adventure Car MOC

Thought I would attempt to make an old Model-T/early auto for my Adventurers.

A simple design that took me an hour (or two):

autoside.jpg

autodiagnal2.jpg

Similar, but not exactly. I would guess that the Adventure theme occured sometime in the mid to late 1930s (right before or around the start of WWII - 1939), if we compare Johny Thunder to Indiana Jones. The movie Mummy (1999), however, was set in 1923, then later followed by the Mummy Returns set in 1933 - if we use these movies as a way of dating the Adventure theme.

This is a Model T that spanned 1908/1909 - 1927 (possibly a little earlier than the Adventure theme). So in all comparison, the cars during the Adventure theme may have been a little more modern than the Model T, but provides a good inspiration for my MOC.

I did a Google Image Search to get the particular image I posted and I noticed there are a lot of different Model T models, so my next question was going to be which year you based yours on. Looks likes you've already covered that! But I have noticed from the images that the Model T did vary quite a bit from 1909 - 1927.

Anyhow, it still looks appropriate from the Adventurers theme on its own, but next I wonder how it looks in juxtaposition with the Adventurers sets. Do you happen to have any built Adventurer sets that you could place tthis Model-T next to and take images of?

Edited by mister_phes

Don't go out of your way to build them - only if you're really keen! Placing the Model-T amongst Adventurers sets was just an after thought! Perhaps we should first focus on the Model-T before introducing other elements to it.

One think I notice about your Model-T and the pictures I've seen of an actual Model-T is the real vehicle has rear seats while the yours appears to have 2. Was this an intentional due to piece limitation/restriction or were there other reasons for neglecting to add rear sets?

One think I notice about your Model-T and the pictures I've seen of an actual Model-T is the real vehicle has rear seats while the yours appears to have 2. Was this an intentional due to piece limitation/restriction or were there other reasons for neglecting to add rear sets?

Limited length and I wanted it to be a two-seater (front seats only). Originally, it only had one seat (all in black), but I added the adventure seat piece to give it two seats.

I don't think brown would work, maybe if they were white that would be closer to actual Model-T tyres. Do any of the Technic sets have white wheels like those? Still, there's always paint to fix those colour discrepencies!

I don't think brown would work, maybe if they were white that would be closer to actual Model-T tyres. Do any of the Technic sets have white wheels like those? Still, there's always paint to fix those colour discrepencies!

i think there are grey and black wheels also

Not bad, it just seems like it should be a bit lower. Seems a little tall for a car. But other than that... 2 thumbs up.

How does the Model-T compare with other Adventurers cars?

It kicks butt over this one!

2541-1.jpg

What about this one?

2995-1.jpg

It appears all of the Adventurers cars aren't much...

3023-1.jpg

3055-1.jpg

Merely an afterthought saved for small promotional sets, but not always...

5918-1.jpg

So Brickster you might have found a gap in the Adventurers' market - providing them with decent automotive transport!

I think Adventruers were all about the vehicles. I'm trying to think and I didn't like ANY of the Adventurer's buildings really... I liked the Dragon Fortress (who didn't! :'-) ) and thats about it... however, alot of the vehicles were really cool.

I think that although more nice vehicles would be cool (most of the Adventurers places needed more rugged looking vehicles since they were in rugged terrain), the Adventurers sets really needed better buildings! Egyptian should have had a huge Pyramid - same size as the Dragon Fortress... the Jungle should have had an Aztek Temple, Dino Island should have just not had buildings period (it should have had a large cargo ship (bigger than the one they already had) that Sinister Sam was using to trap all the dinosaurs and bring them to a park in the city - not exactly a building but I can imagine some of the cool little rooms it could have. And the Orient Expedition already had a good one, but each area could have used somethign - The Indian Palace definately could have been better)

But this is leading off the subject - which is a pretty good Adventurers Car.

there's also a difference in time of about 20 years, so it's no surprise to see different models as well...