Algernon

Any musically talented folks on here?

I "can" play the Ukulele. (Can as in, a few songs) I've just started doing lessons for it, the Ukulele's a relatively easy instrument to get one's head around, I love it!

P.S I can also play the Triangle :laugh:

Well, I play trumpet, and I was first chair my entire time I spent in band, and I made it into all of the class that were above my grade when I was in middle school, so does that count as musically talented? :laugh:

Hi all :)

Nice to read that so many other LEGO fans play music, too!

I am the bass player in the Danish cover band FOR THE RECORD. I've been playing bass since I was 12 years old and with For The Record we play at office parties, weddings etc.

I guess since this topic is back from the dead I'll join in. Music is my main hobby, I actually travel quite a bit with a folk band called My Brothers Keeper out if Cincinnati. I'm a classically trained pianist, but also have made records using the fiddle, banjo, harmonica, accordion, viola, and cello. I'm also the church organist so I like to try it all!

I recently made a Lego music video for our band and posted it here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87152#entry1705602

If your so inclined :wink: glad to see all the music on here!

Edited by jluckhaupt

I have 10 years of formal music education (french horn and piano as well as theoretical subjects such as harmony and counterpoint) and music was my main hobby for some 15 years (both playing and creating), most notably during my lego dark ages :classic:. Though just recently I came out of my 'music dark ages' and started playing piano again, just for my pleasure.

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years I guess. I don't play covers or write songs, I just play for fun. I wouldn't say I'm really that good at it because I don't do a lot of technique practice and things like that, but I'm not terrible. I also got a keyboard last Christmas and I've learned a few melodies.

I also dable in FLStudio, but I'm far from talented when it comes to digital music. I mostly just do short samples or arrange songs from video games.

Two of my better "pieces." They could use a lot of work though. >.<

Drums here for 10 years, started with guitar in 2005 but didn't get into that as easily but still play. And more recently a tiny bit of keyboard and saxophone.

Last September, my journey of playing (electric) guitar started.

I'm sure I'll have some stuff to share in the future, in a few years maybe.

I remember regretting not starting earlier, when I was a kid, but hey, at least I know I'll be fine now - so right now, I'm on the road of becoming a great guitarist.

Might also pick up singing lessons in the future, but right now, my focus is with the guitar and my goal is to become the best I can. In the future, I want to play in (a) rockband(s),

and I can definitely see myself pushing (my) boundaries when it comes to playing the guitar by then... but for now, it's gonna take a whole lot of practice to get there!

Perhaps I'll pop in here again once I've become way better.

I'm no way talented, but I used to love playing music, I've had to give it up, but over the years I've played the piano, guitar and Sax, a little of the drums from time to time as well. Singing as well, if that counts (though I don't boast about that).

At school, all of us learned to play recorder (is that the word? I get that with the translator), and in the musical lessons the later years I played xylophone.

I tried to learn the guitar, but I never got the hang on it. I don't manage to get the grips right.

I regret not trying to learn to play keyboards in the musical lessons.

Now I don't play anything.

Musical talented? Of course! :classic:

I've been playing synth/piano/keyboard for 15 years now. 5 years ago I also started DJing. It's mostly EDM that I work with. I have also started producing own music and making remixes and covers. Music is important part of my life :classic:

Here is some examples of my recordings:

https://soundcloud.com/Jaxne

Edited by jaxne

I started piano lessons at 6, mainly so I could read music. I have sung in choirs all of my life since age 5; I will be 57 at the in of he month. I enjoy playing the flute and hand drums.