Sign in to follow this  
GRogall

New Lego Architecture 21006 The White House

Replicate the home to the nation's Head of State.

There are few structures in the United States with the history and reverence of

The White House, designed by James Hoban. On July 16, 1792, President George Washington

chose this James Hoban design from six competing designs from renowned architects.

This six-story Sandstone structure was meant to command respect for the nation from citizens and foreign visitors.

Construction took place from 1792 - 1800 and it was rebuilt by Hoban following the fire of 1814.

The assembled White House model stands 9" (22 cm) wide on a base with printed name label

and includes a booklet with facts about the building, its construction and its history.

• Architectural replica of the real-world White House
  • Booklet included with details on design and history (English language only)
  • Measures 9" (22cm) wide

Price US-S@H $49.99 (Not available anywhere else yet)

Warning! fallowing picture links to 2800+ High Res version

a_21006_box_front.jpg

b_21006_box_side.jpg

c_21006_detail_1.jpg

d_21006_detail_2.jpg

e_21006_detail_3.jpg

Small Pics

f_21006_side_small.jpg

g_21006_back_small.jpg

h_21006_cutaway_small.jpg

Instructions for this set!

instructions.gif

enjoy :classic: :classic: :classic:

z_clear.png

Edited by grogall

Wow! It looks really good! I'm so glad they finally are continuing the series. After a disappointing first wave, the Guggenheim and Fallingwater showed us what they're really capable of. The set looks pretty good, and is obviously quite accurate.

Thanks for the pics!

Thanks for the news, grogall! This looks like a fun little build with a splash more colour than other Architecture sets.

I'm sure many will want it, if just to recreate explosive scenes from 'Independence Day' :laugh:

I'm sure many will want it, if just to recreate explosive scenes from 'Independence Day' :laugh:

I'll start on the USC flying saucer right away! :alien:

Very nice! The only thing I'd suggest as an improvement would be a red or blue flag instead of white. :thumbup:

The only downfall for this set would be the price I imagine, which would probably be more than $25.

Edited by prateek

Well, since I have the others, I guess I have to get this one too :classic:

No but seriously, I'm not to fond of this one. They should have done more of a architctural highlight building, not an historic landmark. I mean it is called "LEGO Architecture", right? And I would have loved some building outside the US for a change.

Oh, that looks so GOOD ! :sweet:

This theme is actually getting better all the time !

If anyone is going to do ID scenes, don't forget the flaming crashing helicopters ! :devil:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

These are only available online, aren't they?

Independence day comes to mind. I would get it if it came out in a store for obvious reasons, although the piece count will mean it is way too high for my budget. :tongue:

Awesome! This is the best one yet. I must admit that I haven't purchased any of the Architecture sets, but will plan on buying this one.

Once again, thanks for sharing Grogall. :thumbup:

Hmm, I actually like this one! :wub:

And I would have loved some building outside the US for a change.

Yes, that has been a complain of mine too.

This looks very nice! It looks exactly like the White House when I saw it (but minus the Canadian Goose feces covering the lawn. That was nasty). Unfortunately, the piece count puts this at $50 or at the very best, $40, which is too rich for my blood for something that small.

At first this line was really intriguing, but now I have lost interest... the ridiculous prices (I'm guessing 100 USD for this one, with common parts, too) are what scared me off from the first wave the most.

And I agree with the comments about architecture in other countries, and more interesting buildings/ sculptures rather than landmarks. This one doesn't exactly scream the White House to me, either...

Hoping this line improves... :sceptic:

It's allright I guess. But not as good as I hoped it would be. :/

I mean it is called "LEGO Architecture", right? And I would have loved some building outside the US for a change.

Me too. But since it's an American who are designing theese sets I guess we'll have to wait until he runs out of the US buildings first... :tongue:

Well, since I have the others, I guess I have to get this one too :classic:

No but seriously, I'm not to fond of this one. They should have done more of a architctural highlight building, not an historic landmark. I mean it is called "LEGO Architecture", right? And I would have loved some building outside the US for a change.

Remember that in the Architecture theme there are 3 different series.

1 Landmark Series with:

21000 Sears Tower

21001 John Hancock Center

21002 Empire State Building

21003 Seattle Space Needle

2 Architect Series featuring Frank Lloyd Wright

21004 Frank Lloyd Wright, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

21005 Frank Lloyd Wright, Fallingwater

3 Discovery Series with:

21006 The White House

21007 (can't mention yet!) will be released late fall.

Remember that in the Architecture theme there are 3 different series.

Thanks for clarifying that :classic:

It's not easy to see, must have slipped me by.

And regarding price of the architecture series. At the last EB Event in Billund we got to see the factory and the tour guide particularly pointed out that "look, that's where they package the Architecture series. It's all done by hand because of the low series". So guess that can somewhat explain the higher prices.

This is quite an impressive set! The North Portico came out very well in my opinion. Since this only has the Executive Residence, I think it would be interesting to modify it so that it includes the East and West Wings, and maybe the entire White House Complex for that matter.

Thanks grograll. This latest set is really very beautiful and iconic but these Architecture sets are very costly and is only available for the US market mainly. However, I am very tempted to get this if it's possible for keeping this landmark in my collection.

I'd like to buy the FLW's sets... but going by myself in a store, not via mail.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Visually, the lightsaber blades for the columns were an extremely poor choice. Those columns on the original building are beefy and an extremely important visual element. Here they've lost the dominance they have over the profile of the original structure. At this scale, the columns would have been a much more powerful choice to scale with 1x1 rounds rather than spindly lightsabers. I'm not even going to get started on the windows (entirely too large and poor representations of the real structure).

Like all of the other offerings in this series (save the outrageously overpriced Falling Water) this is a distinct disappointment when it comes to design. Again, like all of the other offerings, money spent on this model is a waste, both in terms of design and parts selection. It's too bad, too, because this series could be SO much.

-John