KimT

Epic Scenes Contest Rules & Discussion

What does WIP mean.

Work In Progress - unfinished

1) Vacation?

2) What vacation?

3) If there is a dire need for more time, then I'll talk it over with the rest of the Star Wars team and then the rest of the staff.

4) Isn't a month enough?

5) Do you guys really need to eat, sleep and work?

6) Wait! Does this mean you dare live 'real' lives?

7) Scary! :cry_sad:

Wow. A lot of questions. Okay, let's see:

1) Yes.

2) The one I'm going on very soon. The one to Turkey. The one I wont be back from until the end of the month. That one.

3) That would be appreciated.

4) Nope.

5) Yes.

6) Sadly, yes.

7) Yup. :tongue:

Wait! Does this mean you dare live 'real' lives?

Scary! :cry_sad:

Life? What is this life? Can I pick it up at Wal-Mart? :laugh:

So, absolutely no official ships at all? Not even the brickmaster sized ones? Not even destroyed?

And since I'm at it, say if I win second, can I choose to get a chromie over an Antillies fig?

I just finished with my medium entry, which I wasn't even sure I was going to do! Will get pics tomorrow when there's light.

Prizes will be revealed in time. Right now ain't the time!

I think the prizes have been revealed.

I have Ordered all the pieces I need (700+) now I have to wait 1 or 2 weeks. I am exited and sad at the same time :cry_sad::sweet:

It will be my first Moc here EVER.

Edited by brickfoot

Any chance we could get an extension on the deadline? A week would be great, but I'd settle for a couple of days. I'd love to enter, but that stupid vacation is getting in the way. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

At least you're going on vacation while the rest of us have to work longer hours. :wink:

Still no excuses here, if you're going to get it done find the time for it. There are 24 hours in a day and you probably just need a couple here and there to get it through. :grin:

AC

At least you're going on vacation while the rest of us have to work longer hours. :wink:

Still no excuses here, if you're going to get it done find the time for it. There are 24 hours in a day and you probably just need a couple here and there to get it through. :grin:

I know. That's why I added the "tongue" emoticon. :wink:

And unless I take my Lego with me (which is impossible) I really don't have much time. :sceptic: And there are probably other members who are in a similar dilemma, considering it's summer time. Besides, it would give the other entrants time to make their epic entries even more epic! :grin:

Which size are you doing AC?

That's what she said. :tongue:

And there are probably other members who are in a similar dilemma, considering it's summer time. Besides, it would give the other entrants time to make their epic entries even more epic! :grin:

I'm sure that could be said of all contests, but they do have to end at some point, unless we extend it for 6 months. Oh, wait, in 5 1/2 months someone will just complain that they are going on vacation and need more time. :laugh:

Contests are a nice perk to being a member here but they can't all be customized to accommodate every single member or we'd never get to run any.

So, absolutely no official ships at all? Not even the brickmaster sized ones? Not even destroyed?

And since I'm at it, say if I win second, can I choose to get a chromie over an Antillies fig?

I just finished with my medium entry, which I wasn't even sure I was going to do! Will get pics tomorrow when there's light.

That's right no official models and if number 3 decides to swap his Chromie with you then fine.

But you can't pick 3rd place's prizes if you're 2nd - sorry.

C'mon, not even destroyed?

NO

But you can't pick 3rd place's prizes if you're 2nd - sorry.

You'll just have to get second and third, like what i plan to do :grin: .

What size Moc are you doing AC?

Probably all three, medium just posted.

That's what she said. :tongue:

:laugh:

AC

Why do medium first that was my plan now I will put my Medium on a 48 by 48 and enter it in the large.

:wink:

Edited by brickfoot

I have a question,

must be the theme only from the original films [1-6],

or can I take themes from the EU,

or can I build a fictional Star Wars situation?

@KimT, Thank you.

Edited by DanMov

the scene has to be from the 6 movies, right?
Nope.

All Star Wars is welcome.

Eventhough it says "Epic Scenes", then it's still allowed to do other scenes.

For example from Expanded Universe and stuff like that.

The trouble might be that it (the entry) is liable to fewer votes, the less 'epic' it is.

I have a question,

must be the theme only from the original films [1-6],

or can I take themes from the EU,

or can I build a fictional Star Wars situation?

Can I enter this contest? I'm new!

This is a really bad and needless question. Look at the rules and find the answer you will. :yoda:

I'm sure that could be said of all contests, but they do have to end at some point, unless we extend it for 6 months. Oh, wait, in 5 1/2 months someone will just complain that they are going on vacation and need more time. :laugh:

Contests are a nice perk to being a member here but they can't all be customized to accommodate every single member or we'd never get to run any.

I understand that. All I'm asking for is just one or two days, but if that's too much to ask, I guess I'll have to deal with that somehow. *calls therapist*

Hmm, on second thought I think I might wait until near the end to post my MOC. Mainly because I want to know what I'm up against, and because my MOC can be a Large or a Small really.

Ok. I got an idea and if anyone takes the scene with darth vader and luke fighting in episode 6, I will send darth vader to "take care" of you :tongue:

Ok. I got an idea and if anyone takes the scene with darth vader and luke fighting in episode 6, I will send darth vader to "take care" of you :tongue:

Entries on the same epic scene by different members are allowed - so noone can actually "steal" your scene.

Do it your way and you're all set for possibly winning :classic:

Entries on the same epic scene by different members are allowed - so noone can actually "steal" your scene.

Do it your way and you're all set for possibly winning :classic:

That may be true, but I think if 2 people do the same scene, it just hurts both makers because people will think: "Well I like yours, but a did better on this detail" ect.

Also, greenskull, what size will you be doing?