1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Sour
    • Tastes Weird
    • It's OK
    • Tingles the Taste Buds
    • Superfanaticaliciously Awsuuum!
    • Or... Splandiferous

indexed.gif

In an epic battle between the two kingdoms, only one can be victorious. But will it be the Lion Knights, with their advanced war machines, or the Dragon Knights, with their fierce brutality tactics?

Set Details:

Name: 7950 Knight's Showdown

Theme: Lego Kingdoms

Price: $7 USD (with tax, so probably around $5.99)

After browsing my local TRU, I found this set, it was the only one. So I quick grabbed it, and got home to do a review. (And yes, I did pay for it. :tongue: )

So onto the review then!

Box Front:

legokingdomsreview004.jpg

Some nice boxart, with a few bright colors.

Box Back:

legokingdomsreview005.jpg

Showing the knights settling it the man's way: One on One.

Box Side:

legokingdomsreview006.jpg

Showing actual size minifigure, and what's that? Nothing made in China? Yay! :laugh:

So after opening the box, we are treated with two bags, some instructions, and one of those Club ads. (Not pictured)

legokingdomsreview008.jpg

While the instructions aren't crushed, it is a tad annoying that there's a crease down the middle.

I assume it's intentional, as I've seen it on a bunch of other newer sets. Hopefully, it'll prevent crumpling.

Some parts of interest:

legokingdomsreview009.jpg

Showing the difference of shades in the new metalic Gray:

legokingdomsreview010.jpg

Personally, I like the new color, it looks great on the minifigs, which I'll get to now:

What you've all been waiting for:

legokingdomsreview011.jpg

And with helmets removed.

Front of the Bucket Helmet:

legokingdomsreview013.jpg

And the back.

As it is a little set, I've just shown pics of the set already assembled, no assembly pics. Although I do have a random instruction page below.

legokingdomsreview016.jpg

Something that really annoys me is that on the box and the instructions, it clearly shows three "rocks", and only two are included. :angry:

On the bright side, when you put a rock in the catapult, it weighs the basket down, so you can instantly launch it.

On another darker side, it only launches 5 or 6 inches, but what do you expect form such a small catapult?

And the Dragon Knight's sword-holder-thingy-ma-bobber.

legokingdomsreview017.jpg

It's nice to get some dark green cheeses.

Extra Pieces:

legokingdomsreview018.jpg

Yay! More DG cheese!

The random instruction page I promised you:

legokingdomsreview015.jpg

Inventory:

legokingdomsreview001.jpg

And an ad for all the other Kingdoms sets.

Thoughts:

Price: Not that bad, even for TRU. 8/10

Minifigures: Great, especially that Dragon Knight. He looks ready for a really brutal battle with all that armor. Maybe for the price there could have been one more Dragon Knight. 9/10

Pieces: I like the new catapult, bucket helmet, and the colors are great. Nothing to really complain about here. 9/10

Build: The color differentiation is good in the manual, nothings confusing. The build is quick, simple, and the set is has playability. 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

It looks like a great little set to start this line off. I'll definitely be buying more.

Note: I know I'm in the Reviewer's Academy, but this set is new, so I thought I'd try and get it out there ASAP.

Whoops, almost forgot the parting shot! :laugh:

legokingdomsreview003.jpg

Edited by Sir Dillon

Brilliant set. The printing on the green night is really nice.

Thanks for reviewing the set :thumbup:

Contact the customer service. I'm sure they will send you a replacement, and if you're lucky you amy even get more than one.

Great looking set! I'll be picking up multiples of these. Too bad it doesn't come with any extra plumes :(

Very nice review! :thumbup: I really like this set, and for about six dollars, I might buy some later this year. :classic:

-

General Redwater

The catapult is actually quite nice but small. The figures are good but it is not too good fro army building. The Dragon seems to me to be a Warrior boss, if you will, so not one I want a million of, while as the Lion is a great torso his helmet is not one I need anymore of. I still have lots of unclaimed grilled helmets from the Crownie impulse set.

This set would have been a must have in bulk if it had been a dragon and lion knight both in the quartered shirt with normal helmets. It is definitely a set to get but I do not feel the need to buy multiples.

Got this one today and if it weren't for the pink torso, would have have been a neat little set.

Could you take a picture of the fig? I'd really like to see how much the pink in the white is. I probably wouldn't even notice it, i always thought people are a bit overly picky on these things. :tongue:

Could you take a picture of the fig? I'd really like to see how much the pink in the white is. I probably wouldn't even notice it, i always thought people are a bit overly picky on these things. :tongue:

I will try to get it done today and update this post with pics. You can really tell a difference if you put white legs on the Lion soldier.

EXCELLENT set - heaps of these make a COOL battle scene eh ? :grin:

Thanks for the review 'Spyder' !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I'm looking at these figs right now and the pink is definitely noticeable, and it's very much off white. The thing is though, because it is a result of a thin layer of white being added and not poor printing, the rest of the torso looks quite good, so it is almost intentionally pinkish; and it doesn't look half bad :classic:

So the gold on the lion head is solid, the black in the outlines is perfect, and the brown in the belt is also flawless. It looks good to me, almost like you could see through the white patches to the red tunic below; i find that kind of makes it more acceptable.

Still the set in an excellent army builder; plus you get that dark pearl sword and axe, which people will need extras of if they want to outfit their dragon BP's with dark pearl weapons.

If there was a dragons shield this set would be perfect but I'm happy anyways :classic: