Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

Review: 7779 Batman - The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit

7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit

101_0106.jpg

The Figs

101_0107.jpg

Good figures. Standard grey Batman and a nice Catwoman.

The Motorcycle

101_0108.jpg

I loathe this in purple. I loathe this with 'ears.' I loathe this period. My immense loathing for this motorcycle can only be expressed with the word asdklfjaiosfghwioehriowerjiosfgjasklajerio, which is not a word at all.

The Dragster

101_0109.jpg

The dragster looks like a good concept that got ripped to shreds by the need to have a low price range set. One wing, one giant wedge, and then a few smaller pieces to bring them together.

The front wheel. I do actually really like this part; it's pretty clever. Again, only ONE tiny wheel, so getting any use out of this set would really require two copies.

The back. Their INGENIOUS firing mechanism totally slays me. It's also difficult to get Batman into the cockpit with his cape.

FINAL VERDICT: 6.2/10

Figs: 8/10

Pieces: 4/10

Set: 5/10

Playability: 7/10

I should really hate this set a lot more, but it's a cheap way to get two cool figs (albeit with no accessories save for the whip). Buy this if you want to round out your Batman collection or could use the few pieces. Pretty cheap set, so not a huge loss if you don't like it. Still, the rest are better.

Until next time,

Bloody Jay

Thanks for the review. I actually quite like the bike, and as you said, the figures are good. For

Are the cats-eyes on the motorcycle stickers, or printed? If they're decals the bike would be pretty nice. If not...well, there's always that handy bottle of Brasso I recently bought!

Are the cats-eyes on the motorcycle stickers, or printed? If they're decals the bike would be pretty nice. If not...well, there's always that handy bottle of Brasso I recently bought!

You're in luck; they're stickers.

Great figs, neat bike and a crappy dragster... Hmm smells like "If you want Catwoman You must buy the lousy dragster" Anyways it's a must have - CATWOMAN *wub* *wub*.

Tks for the review and pics

KimT

I think the set is great. A cheap set, only 10$, and you get both Batman and catwoman. Had it been Star Wars, it would have beed a 50$ set, to get crucial minifigs like those! Then it is acceptable that the dragstar i not so good.

Morten

The dragster looks like a good concept that got ripped to shreds by the need to have a low price range set.

I think you pegged it... This set also seems to reveal the weakness of the oversized masks. Have you got a pic of Cat Woman's face?

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

Some people expect too much from a $9 set.

For those of us short on cash, this is a great way to pick up a Batman minifig with the added bonus of Catwoman. The piece count isn't too bad for a set of this size, and the dragster isn't really that bad. Sure, this set doesn't measure up to its more expensive siblings, but I don't understand why there is such hate for this one. Heck, the piece selection isn't even that bad.

This and the Batmobile are probably the only two Batman sets I can afford right now, so I for one am very happy that such a set is available.

Mine arrived this morning (bricklink purchase where seller is US). I quite like it. I know its not much, but its right for the price. The steering the Dragster is tad uncontrolled, though isn't it. I wouldn't fancy driving that.

Missile firing "mechanism": there's a warning about firing into eyes in the instruction book. Some hope!

It would have been good to have studs in the seat to hold Batman down.

Can anyone just clarrify for me: Bruce Wayne's grey "hair" becomes Batman's "glowing" eyes? Is that the idea? And Catwoman having a reversable head is presumably just for fun - more options in look?

Mine arrived this morning (bricklink purchase where seller is US). I quite like it. I know its not much, but its right for the price. The steering the Dragster is tad uncontrolled, though isn't it. I wouldn't fancy driving that.

Missile firing "mechanism": there's a warning about firing into eyes in the instruction book. Some hope!

It would have been good to have studs in the seat to hold Batman down.

Can anyone just clarrify for me: Bruce Wayne's grey "hair" becomes Batman's "glowing" eyes? Is that the idea? And Catwoman having a reversable head is presumably just for fun - more options in look?

Bruce Wayne has black hair :-P I'm guessing that white thing is a headband or something...at least that's my explanation for a white strip across half his head ;-) It's really only like that to make the mask work, though having a white strip and eye-level on the back of the head, and a smaller cowel would've been a better idea

The reviews I see seem to be recommending me to not buy the product, but I'm loving the Dragster. *wub* The bike looks pretty dumb though. Ever heard of weapons? ;-) There's the whip for Catwoman but that doesn't seem very poseasable. Oh well, I'll get it anyways.

The reviews I see seem to be recommending me to not buy the product, but I'm loving the Dragster. *wub* The bike looks pretty dumb though. Ever heard of weapons? ;-) There's the whip for Catwoman but that doesn't seem very poseasable. Oh well, I'll get it anyways.

Thanks for that review. I would purchase this set only for the catwoman. The bike seems incomplete. :-(

Thanks for that review. I would purchase this set only for the catwoman. The bike seems incomplete. :-(

You know reviving threads from over a year ago for no reason isn't good.

How exactly does it look incomplete?

You know reviving threads from over a year ago for no reason isn't good.

How exactly does it look incomplete?

At the back of the bike. They should add some bricks to it rather than leave it like that.

At the back of the bike. They should add some bricks to it rather than leave it like that.

And that's it? So you revive a dead thread just to moan about a few bricks? Sheeesh....here's a thought just add them yourself and leave dead threads alone unless you have a lot more to add.

And that's it? So you revive a dead thread just to moan about a few bricks? Sheeesh....here's a thought just add them yourself and leave dead threads alone unless you have a lot more to add.

Hard to find a purple bricks though :-). By the way, sorry for not knowing this thread is long ago. Very sorry.

Edited by baby

The one positive side of reviving this thread is that I get a chance of adding my opinion. I want this set!!! X-O The minifigs look good and the dragster looks very cool. :-$

Now lets let this thread rest in peace. :-D

I liked this set too, althought what I liked most about it was that it was cheap. And had Catwoman.

And Catwoman having a smaller, scaled-down, non-pimped motorcycle seems more fitting with her stealthy character than something like the Jokercopter or Two-Face's Van.

And if it's forbidden to revive old threads, why are they there? Shouldn't they be deleted after six months of inactivity or something?