Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigs Series 1 Contest

1~11.jpg

Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest

The Contest:

Hey everyone, to celebrate the excitement of this first series of Collectible LEGO Minifigures, Eurobricks and Classic-Town.net have come together to bring our members a chance to build their very own town vignettes and win!

What You're Building

Create a town based vignette where you could display any of the 16 new Collectible Minifigs from Series 1. It's just that simple. I'm not even going to provide examples for risk of taking a good idea, but I'll tell you this: Imagination is the key. People vote for creative entries, not the same old boring scenes we all expect. Do something surprising, just make sure it's town based.

Where Would You Display One of These?

gallery_1558_51_211409.png

Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician

Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIG YOU BUILT YOUR VIGNETTE FOR*

The Rules

1. Build a vignette. A vignette measures 8 studs by 8 studs and has no height limit.
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifig accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. This is a town contest, so make sure your scene is town based. Be creative, every figure in the collection could belong in a town setting, if you think outside the box.
  4. No minifigs are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifig or it's new accessories/parts in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones like the needle, for example.
  5. No clone brands or custom parts.
  6. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  7. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  8. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  9. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  10. The contest begins now and will end on the 6th of June, 2010 at 0000hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  11. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  12. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes.

The Prizes!

After 5 days, the votes will be calculated and the top three vote receivers will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to WhiteFang, he will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, WhiteFang has generously agreed to break up a set of the new figures and allow the winners to pick the ones they want from that set.

1st place: A choice of 3 of the new collectible minifigs from that set.

2nd place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectible minifigs from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectible minifigs from that set.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Sounds like fun! Loving all these contests popping up here after a long time of not having any. You guys sure are generous with the prizes. :wink:

One thing I'd like to get elaborated on, though: is the vignette supposed to be suitable for ANY of the 16 minifigs, or can it be specialized for just one? The rules kind of said both, so I'm unsure.

One thing I'd like to get elaborated on, though: is the vignette supposed to be suitable for ANY of the 16 minifigs, or can it be specialized for just one? The rules kind of said both, so I'm unsure.

Is it clearer now? :blush:

I believe it is indeed clearer! So for one minifig in particular.

Great contest idea EB, I'll be sure to bring out the bricks for this one. :classic:

8. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without minifigs and the name (type) of minifig you built it for. You may include up to 2 images of your work without minifigs. If you choose to take a picture including minifigs or additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.

Does the picture have to have no minifigs at all or is it just the collectible minifig that has to be missing? For example, I make a vignette for the clown with an audience that's laughing - do I have to get rid of the audience too for the picture then?

Edit: Much clearer now, thank you! :classic:

Edited by PrEtzel

Sounds amuzing! ) :classic::thumbup:

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries. Theu're going to be great, no doubt!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Wow, guys! This is a great contest! This one I think I'll actually enter, unlike the PoP one...

I can't wait to see what others come up with, though I have a few ideas of my own.

unfortunatly my vig requires the collectable minifig to be there for it to work, unless you can do digital editing to it to remove the fig.

Can it have an accesory of the collectable minifig showing

unfortunatly my vig requires the collectable minifig to be there for it to work, unless you can do digital editing to it to remove the fig.

Can it have an accesory of the collectable minifig showing

Or, you could rethink your idea. :wink:

Accessories from the collectible figures are part of the figures and as such, not allowed (unless the part already exists in the same exact colour in another set).

Finally! A bunch of other sites I've been reading have been doing this for awhile. I'm totally entering this. I just have to decide what fig I want to display........

Masked Out

Edited by Masked Builder

Cool idea for a contest, although I have a few issues...

The end date for the contest is heavily biased towards those where the release date for the figs was May 1.

North America gets them June 1 and most people in NA probably will probably not get their figs on time or only a few days before the end of the contest.

If you want to let the NA guys get a chance at this you probably should stretch the contest a few days longer IMO.

Just my 02 cents.

I just have to decide what fig I want to display........
North America gets them June 1 and most people in NA probably will probably not get their figs on time or only a few days before the end of the contest.
[*]One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig.

:wink:

The end date for the contest is heavily biased towards those where the release date for the figs was May 1.

If you want to let the NA guys get a chance at this you probably should stretch the contest a few days longer IMO.

No minifigs are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifig or it's new accessories/parts in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones like the needle, for example.

One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.

As a result, while the contest isn't favouring anyone, the prizes actually benefit the US market slightly more since they are currently unavailable and will likely do as they've done elsewhere, sell out very quickly until they are restocked. :wink:

Does "custom parts" included my own printed stuff? One idea I have requires a particular shop sign.

And thanks for doing this, it sounds weird. Displaying a minifig without displaying the minifig.

:laugh: Ends the exact second of my birthday. I'm going for it!

Oh wait, are digital entries allowed?

Edited by CallMePie

I'm going in it - my son is helping me with the ideas, he has pick the minifig that the vig will be designed around.

I will be starting on it later on today once I have have a few hours sleep - yes us AFOL's do need sleep don't we, eh ?

More cool will be my angle in the vig I'm going to design !

I'm a conformist! everyone and good luck to all ! :sweet:

Cool contest! Should be a nice challenge building a vignette based around a minifig without actually including that fig. I do have one question though: Is it only one entry per minifig or just one entry overall?

Wow, cool idea for a contest. I already have an idea or so...just need to Bricklink a few pieces so I can do it!

Aww man, I hope I do not take to many ideas with my little display big's I had planned. (16x16)...

Please don't be too cross if I post some themed displays about the subforum. :classic:

I am looking forward to everyone's participations. :thumbup:

Does "custom parts" included my own printed stuff? One idea I have requires a particular shop sign.

I will let you know the verdict after the discussion with regards to stickered or printed decals.

And thanks for doing this, it sounds weird. Displaying a minifig without displaying the minifig.

No, you may not include the actual minifig inside the display but includes other range of minifigs inside for illustration.

Oh wait, are digital entries allowed?

No, digital entries are not allowed.

I do have one question though: Is it only one entry per minifig or just one entry overall?

Only one entry per minifig vignette per member.

I'm in!

It's a shame it's only 8x8, though. Heavily restricts my idea...

I'll see what I can do! :wink:

~A.S.

Wow, another cool contest! Ace!

I'd like to ask: can you include another generic minifig in the vignette? Say as a passer-by?

I do have one question though: Is it only one entry per minifig or just one entry overall?
Only one entry per minifig vignette per member.

Sounds like one-vig-fits-all to me, am I right?