Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Arkham Asylum 2

Well, I guess it's nice to have him as one of the main villains: I just hope that there will be a more interesting plot than the usuals cliche: 1)Who is Batman? 2) It's Bruce Wayne! 3) Hey, Batman! I know you're Bruce Wayne! 4) *punch* 5) I don't remember anything! :hmpf_bad:

I also find Hugo a character full of potential, but not quite "fully armed", so to say. To me he's still a lovechild of Riddler and Mad Hatter. i hope to change my mind after the game.

And please don't make him dress up like Batman! :hmpf:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Our first glimpse of Calender Man? :look:

c.m.png

Not quite like I imagend him being like, but still cool. I love the Arkhamverses interpretation of certain villians, such as Scarecrow and Harley, so it's nice to see more uniqueness! :thumbup:

Aw, now that starts to bother me. If it is a Calendar Man (and I hope it's just some kind of a fat thug, or a boss) then I'm really a bit disappointed. Calendar Man for me is not a big fat brute, but a cunning, calculating villain, like in Long Halloween series. :hmpf:

I'm not against a new approach to some designs, but not that drastic and hot so many. Come on, Harley, Crock, Calendar Man! Why change them so much if you leave Strange, Joker and Two-Face, Catwoman practically unaltered? At least they did nothing with Batman! :hmpf_bad:

P.S.

It seems I'm grumping too much about that no-doubht-to-be awesome game.... Perhaps, that's because I haven't seem myself there yet. And my expectations of what I shall look like create stress inside, that requires outburst in critisizing other characters..... I need to see Dr. Strange, I guess! :laugh:

Addition:

And, yes, some other images that are worth showing. :classic:

Harley Quinn, changing her AA outfit to AC otfit. I still don't like her. :hmpf_bad:

67688_161899397175894_140262999339534_346733_8382988_n.jpg

Hm, it seems Strange will be leading the SWAT force in some way? "Obey order" sign is just great! :classic:

63646_173626422669858_140262999339534_408421_421660_n.jpg

I'm just gomma love the game for some nice clown-beating scenes! :laugh:

148250_174563595909474_140262999339534_413824_4870952_n.jpg

Edited by The Penguin

Come on, Harley, Crock, Calendar Man! Why change them so much if you leave Strange, Joker and Two-Face, Catwoman practically unaltered?

Firstly, how was Croc changed? Isn't he always some hulking beastie?

Secondly, I wish they had changed the designs of others more. Look at the Joker concept art below, I think it would've been much better if it were he we were chasing around Arkham. I suppose it's why I'm one of the few who enjoy The Batman series, as it changed the designs of characters a lot. Not always for the better, but I enjoyed seeing people different interpretations of characters, in the different Batman canon universes.

Joker_initial_doodles_by_Chuckdee.jpg

Hm, it seems Strange will be leading the SWAT force in some way? "Obey order" sign is just great! :classic:

63646_173626422669858_140262999339534_408421_421660_n.jpg

Actually Penguin, I believe they are the Tyger Mercenaries that will patrol Arkham City, keep control and order. They can be seen in the trailer.

Also, here's a little (fan made?) Machinima about Arkham Islands history.

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Harley Quinn, changing her AA outfit to AC otfit. I still don't like her. :hmpf_bad:

Really? I really liked her revamped look in Arkham Asylum, and it seems she's changed her outfit to a darker, more bad-ass style, perhaps to reflect to darker, more bad-ass scenery and environment? :grin:

Really? I really liked her revamped look in Arkham Asylum, and it seems she's changed her outfit to a darker, more bad-megablocks style, perhaps to reflect to darker, more bad-megablocks scenery and environment? :grin:

Ha-ha-ha-ha! ) :laugh: Very well said. )

Well, it's not that i don't like her looks. She's good, like a stand alone character. But, taking into account that in AA she doesn't really behave like HQ we know and love from comic stories and animated series, I expect her to be even less like that in AC.

Still, now that you mention it,hat she's supposed to reflect the darker atmosphere, perhaps, you're right. But it still hurts my eyes (and ears) to call that, let be, very sexy and bithchy-looking girl Harley Quinn. A matter of taste I guess.

Not much, but still a nice screenshot:

164113_182726028426564_140262999339534_461046_4447758_n.jpg

I can't wait for the game! ) :classic:

Thank a lot for the info, Flitwick! ) :classic:

I find it very interesting to read about the demo, even though it's one huge spoiler. but since I do not mind those, it's ok with me. )

I'm pretty excited with Calendar Man though.... Releasing him from a cell at some particular time sounds great! Reminds me a bit of Long Halloween series! :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

My dear Penguin, today is you lucky day. :classic:

The official site has now launched. It shows a variety of new images, and hints at the Penguin and Prometheus being in the game! There are also some new pictures, but they are relatively unimpressive. :sceptic:

O-o-o-oh! ) :classic:

Thanks a lot for the link, Flitwick! :thumbup:

Some quick thought:

069_Lieutenant-107-800-500-80.jpg

Now THAT is scary. A skinny, a normal and a buffed up clowns at one place!? :cry_sad:

067_Paramedic-106-800-500-80.jpg

And That is freaky!

045_Gargoyle-105-800-500-80.jpg

Do you mean this shot? yep, it shows (most probably) Iceberg Lounge, though, I can't really tell if it is deserted or not like in the trailer..... :hmpf_bad:

Do you mean this shot? yep, it shows (most probably) Iceberg Lounge, though, I can't really tell if it is deserted or not like in the trailer..... :hmpf_bad:

Oops, sorry, I didn't mean the pictures hinted at their inclusion. Two Face's character Bio (with seems to have since been taken down) hinted at him being in a turf war with The Penguin, with Prometheus being hinted at in this image in Strange's bio/page.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/content/images/characters/gallery_mask.png

Broken image, look on here for it instead: Hugo Strange.

If I recall correctly, his parents were crooks killed by coppers?

Holy cattail, this looks awesome.

My bf and me just started playing Arkham Asylum and we both love it very much - but this makes it look like a rough sketch! :D Fantastic news, I can't wait to play the new game. Must buy an Xbox myself. Must. Must.

Oops, sorry, I didn't mean the pictures hinted at their inclusion. Two Face's character Bio (with seems to have since been taken down) hinted at him being in a turf war with The Penguin, with Prometheus being hinted at in this image in Strange's bio/page.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/content/images/characters/gallery_mask.png

Broken image, look on here for it instead: Hugo Strange.

If I recall correctly, his parents were crooks killed by coppers?

At war with me!? He's no match for my gang, that pathetic imbecile!

What made you think that, anyway? )

Yep, exactly. Not the most obvious choice for the villain, but I'd really love to see that one, since I kind of like the character..... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by The Penguin

UK release date revealed: 21st October!

In the mean time, here are some new images to keep you hooked.

065-Magma-586x329.jpg

055_JokerLieutenant1_HighRes1-586x329.jpg

072-SteelMill_HighRes1-e1299854171338.jpg

EDIT: Some startlingly wonderful new information has arisen:

Dax Ginn from Rocksteady claims that it takes the Rocksteady Q&A guys eight hours to play through Batman: Arkham City; that doesn't count side missions. For a normal play through we can expect 20-24 hours.

He also said that 80% of that time will take place on the streets, in the city itself - with the remaining 20% inside buildings.

Can... not... wait...

Have a look again at this pic:

069_Lieutenant-107-800-500-80.jpg

I just noticed that the one-hand lown is actually Russian. :hmpf:

You can see hammer&sickle tattoo in his belly, as well as orthodox church cupolas on his chest. Not to mention that on the lower part of the belly you can see something written in Russian. To be precise: "Джокер царя". Which can be translated as "Tsar's joker". Whivh in its turn does not make sence at all! Couldn't they've found a Russian who could help them with that!? Not to mention that I see the presense of atheistic hammer&sicle, orthodox church and the word "Tsar" on one tattoo to be just ridiculous! :hmpf_bad:

"Tsar's joker" may, however be a poor translation of "Emperor Joker" into Russian. :wacko:

EDIT: Come to think of it, it may also supposed to mean that the clown is actually the Tsar's jester. Meaning that he takes Joker for the Tsar. In that case the tattoo should be: "Царский шут". :classic:

P.S.

Aw! Still no sign of Penguin in the game! :cry_sad:

Edited by The Penguin

Yes, catwoman is simply gorgeous there! Not so sure that I like her voice though.....

As for Harvey, he's pretty standard. Good to see that he's wearing a vest, though. I can't really tell if it is Black Mask, being beaten, but I wouldn't mind if it were. And the airship is just awesome! I sure hope we'll get some snice action with it.

Still no Pengy! :cry_sad:

Yes, catwoman is simply gorgeous there! Not so sure that I like her voice though.....

As for Harvey, he's pretty standard. Good to see that he's wearing a vest, though. I can't really tell if it is Black Mask, being beaten, but I wouldn't mind if it were. And the airship is just awesome! I sure hope we'll get some snice action with it.

Still no Pengy! :cry_sad:

Aw, and I kept my fingers crossed for a penguin on behalf of you! Well, they haven't revealed everyting yet, so there's still hope, Mr. Penguin. Ivy would be cool, too, for example.

I love that Catwoman is in the game... as for the voice, it sounds quite generic, but okay so far - we haven't heard much of her yet anyway. Her one-liner made me roll my eyes, but you can't have it all!

Aw, and I kept my fingers crossed for a penguin on behalf of you! Well, they haven't revealed everyting yet, so there's still hope, Mr. Penguin. Ivy would be cool, too, for example.

That is very nice of you, my dear lady! :classic: If I am in the game I'll make sure that Harvy will get his punishment for treating you in such an ill way!

I love that Catwoman is in the game... as for the voice, it sounds quite generic, but okay so far - we haven't heard much of her yet anyway. Her one-liner made me roll my eyes, but you can't have it all!

Yes, generic is the best word I guess. )