Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Arkham Asylum 2

Well, I guess it has not yet been discussed here (at least, I didn't find the topic).

WB and Rocksteady have given us a new bone:

http://www.arkhamhasmoved.com

According to the trailer

the Joker is having a remedy, which doesn't really stops him from tearing Gotham apart.

In fact that's ok with me. BUT HOW DARES HE CRUSH INTO MY ICEBERG LOUNGE?! :sing:

Speaking seriously, I think that the game is ought to be a hit, like the first one. But the fact that Eidos is no longer present may cause the game to turn into a typical fighting one. )

What do you think? ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

The game is being distributed by WBIE now, so Eidos/SE is a bit irrelevant :classic:

Why does something from the teaser trailer need to be put into spoilers?

Thanks for posting ThePenguin, I saw this the other day. A bit excited even though I've only played a little of the first one I'm planning on doing it with my friend who has an XBox. I'm really hoping that Joker won't be the main badguy for this game, I think Two-Face would be much, much better, though I'm worried they'll make him too much of a villain.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

While I do not have the first game, I have played the demo and I have to say it is the best Superhero game ever. I believe the main reason why is the fact that it isn't based off of a movie, but instead an original story. Also, the combat and gameplay is lightyears ahead of any previous superhero game. And after watching the trailer, I am super excited. I am glad the game will move into the city.

The first game was simply amazing, as already said, it was better than any other superhero game. I can't believe there's already a trailer for the second game. I'm excited, I just don't want the game to seem crappy and like the designers rushed it while playing the game. :sceptic:

Actually Eidos are still around, their are just called Square-Enix Eurpore now after the merger.

Hm, I didn't know that, thanks! )

The game is being distributed by WBIE now, so Eidos/SE is a bit irrelevant :classic:

Why does something from the teaser trailer need to be put into spoilers?

Because some people may even not wish to see the trailer, not to spoil their expectations.

Thanks for posting ThePenguin, I saw this the other day. A bit excited even though I've only played a little of the first one I'm planning on doing it with my friend who has an XBox. I'm really hoping that Joker won't be the main badguy for this game, I think Two-Face would be much, much better, though I'm worried they'll make him too much of a villain.

Too much of a villain? :laugh: Ok-ok, I see what you mean. ) Well, yes, he'll be good as the villain. But I still hope for the Penguin, since there's a nice and clear sign that in any way he'll be present. Even if it's like in the first game. ) :classic:

While I do not have the first game, I have played the demo and I have to say it is the best Superhero game ever. I believe the main reason why is the fact that it isn't based off of a movie, but instead an original story. Also, the combat and gameplay is lightyears ahead of any previous superhero game. And after watching the trailer, I am super excited. I am glad the game will move into the city.

Well, yes. Playing in Gotham is rather exiting: a good way to see all classical places! ) :classic:

The first game was simply amazing, as already said, it was better than any other superhero game. I can't believe there's already a trailer for the second game. I'm excited, I just don't want the game to seem crappy and like the designers rushed it while playing the game. :sceptic:

Aha, I can already see the possible ending of it: Batman saving dying Joker, and proving that he's a true hero. :hmpf_bad:

Hm, BTW, have you noticed that new Harley? I sure hope they return the classical design! ) :classic:

arkham-asylum-2-official-pr.jpg

At 2009's Spike Video Game Awards, the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum was announced, along with a teaser trailer:

The teaser revealed that Joker and Harley are back, and that Arkham Asylum is now larger, containing parts of Gotham inside. Among the hints given in the teaser, here are some things I was able to point out:

A man is thrown out a window with great force. Could be Killer Croc, Bane, Clayface (morphed into someone strong,)

"Iceberg Lounge" sign in alley. Reference to Penguin.

In same alley, a figure in the back is holding up someone. It then transforms into something. Clayface?

There's a cat in a fire escape. Could be a ref to Catwoman.

Two-Face poster saying "We Want You!" appears.

Sionis sign appears in the building. Black Mask's identity is Roman Sionis.

Joker is either old or injured from Batman beating the crud out of him. I'm pretty sure he's injured, as Harley Quinn looks fine.

Watch as IGN's team breaks down the teaser:

An interview with Kevin Conroy (Batman's voice actor in the DC Animated Universe, Gotham Knight, and Arkham Asylum) reveals that Two Face is indeed in the game, that there are a lot of villains, and the game is darker, akin to Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, an animated Batman movie.

Maurice LaMarche, best known for his roles as Kif in Futurama, Brain in Pinky and the Brain, and Egon in the Ghostbusters animated series, is in the role of Mr. Freeze.

Stana Katic, best known as Kate Beckett in Castle, is in the role of Talia al Ghul.

-------------------------------------------------

CONFIRMED VILLAINS:

Joker (Mark Hamill)

Harley Quinn (Arleen Sorkin)

Mr. Freeze (Maurice LaMarche)

Two-Face

SPECULATED VILLAINS:

Bane or Killer Croc

Catwoman

Clayface

Penguin

Black Mask

----------------------------------------------------

If you have anymore news, post it and I'll add it to this post.

I love the first game and this looks even better.

I will get it when it is released.

Thanks for the videos :thumbup:

Very much looking forward to this. The first one was one of the best games made, here's hoping this one's even better, espeically considering my favourite villain Two-Face is in it.

And the lovely Stana Katic as Talia? As a fan of Castle this game just got a lot sexier! :thumbup:

First game was spectacular, so I'm psyched for this game, hopefully it will be even better!

I'm really hoping Two-face will be in it, as he's not in the first one, and maybe even have more of those riddles again. Those things were so much fun to solve!

Topics merged Gentlemen.

Use the search function as best as you can when making a thread on something popular!

Very much looking forward to this. The first one was one of the best games made, here's hoping this one's even better, espeically considering my favourite villain Two-Face is in it.

Yes, I think the first is the best non-comic version of Batman yet. (This video is rather old news though.)

YES!

Mr. Freeze and Two Face, my two favorite villains :wub: (besides the Joker of course :grin: )

Ah man, this game is gonna be great. I really hope it takes place in a lot of Gotham City itself, and no longer only the Asylum.

Thanks for the news!

Regards,

CF W

YES!

Mr. Freeze and Two Face, my two favorite villains :wub: (besides the Joker of course :grin: )

How could you ever pick a favourite?!?!? There all just soo cool, I can't wait to get this game, I've played through the first one at least three times now.

I personally hope that the game will contain lots of playable and non characters. The first game really gave me an inspirational boost which can be visible in my Batman minifigs topic. The second one sure looks promissing.....

Yeah, I would want some more people to play as than just Batman. He's cool and fun to play as, but I sometimes imagined myself playing as Nightwing in Arkham Asylum and whipping kicking butt. They should all have different moves, abilities, and things like that.

I hope they make the villains look original again, like Harley and Scarecrow, as opposed to the classic looks. There's nothing wrong with classic, but I just favoured their more original style.

Yeah. Scarecrow's look was AMAZING in the first.

I hope they try a similar approach with Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.

The first was indeed a great game, and a superb hero game. I hope the focus remains on Batman's stealth, and maybe adds a few tricks, like smoke bombs and such.

While the Joker is always a favorite, I hope that a different villain takes center stage in the sequel, with plenty of battles with the rest. There were a lot of villains mentioned one way or the other in the first, but only a handful that you actually got to fight (Bane, Croc, Ivy).

The Riddler's puzzles added a unique dimension and a reason to play detective. I hope that continues in the sequel as well. Some vehicle play would be fun, as well.

According to IMDB, there's alao goind to be Robin in the new game: he was listed along with above mentioned chatacters. According to them he's to be voiced by Vincent Martella.

I'll remind you, gentlemen, that Robin idea was abandoned for the first game (we were to switch between characters in the game), but as you see he may well appear in the second game. Frankly speaking, I'd love to see Boy Wonder in the game. I suppose the co-op regime will really make the game more "lively", so to say.

Still no news about my presence there. :cry_sad:

Since there's no proof yet indeed, I wouldn't say that IMDB is unreliable. Time will show, of course.

I couldn't resist posting that: :laugh:

20100516105602_4bf031b2d9807.jpg

Thats really funny Penguin, as for the boy wonder making an apperance, that would be soooo great for making the game Co-op, I cannot tell you how happy I would be if the game was co-op, no more taking turns with my friends.