Rate the set  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

About $5-10 too much but I'll still end up getting it. I think LEGO preys on people like me.

$5-10...? Over here it's about $30 overpriced. The Toyworld site said it'd be $80!

I built this yesterday, as the first of the three Amazon.fr SW sets I received.

High;ight of this set has to be the Wampa. It's an interesting mix of scary and cute. It's a nice size too: and I can imagine a specialized big piece like this will have pushed up the price of this set by a fair deal. In person, the holes in the insides of the arms aren't as visible as the pictures make it look. Also, due to the fact that the Wampa is very front-heavy, it pays off to turn the arms back along his body. The pictures show the Wampa with the turkey-leg held up, but it actually looks better with the meat in the palm of his hand.

The cave is actually quite nice, slightly higher than the pictures make it look, in my opinion. I do wish they'd put in the old style skeleton with loose arms instead of the overly long droid arms, but I'll forgive them. The Taun Taun remains are a nice touch as well... there's quite a few pieces that go into building it, and the result looks pretty convincing. Luke's torse is nice; another variation on the Hoth cold weather gear. The lightsaber shooter is a total waste of space though... Idea is good, but the execution of the idea is awful.

The Snowspeeder is OK. I do like the engine set up more than the 7666 Hoth Base. The stickers on the rear windscreen are slightly weird, I'm not sure where those designs came from. I think that they've finally got the main gunplacement right: the guns on both the 4500 Sniowspeeder and the 7666 Snowspeeder are set just a bit too far from the middle due to the jumperplates.

I am glad they're keeping roughly the same designs for all of the Snowspeeders since the 4500, and it's still easy to see them as different variants due to customizing, newer models in service etc.. It sets the rough and ready makeshift Rebel vehicles apart from the clean, uniform Emperial army.

I'm sure we will get gouged on the price in Australia, but I'll definitely pick this up. Maybe two if they are not at a super crazy price... the Wampa is too cool.

Meh, I voted for average. :sceptic:

The only real pulling point for me is the wampa.

I might get this if I feel like a quick build but otherwise this will not be bought by me. The price is just not good enough.

TLC is releasing bigger and better sets this year IMO.

I do wish they'd put in the old style skeleton with loose arms instead of the overly long droid arms, but I'll forgive them. The Taun Taun remains are a nice touch as well...

Maybe it is a droid? :tongue: Where's the Taun Taun?

Good point, this would have been the perfect set for the Taun Taun, the other one doesn't really make sense.

I like to pretend that the ribs belong to a Taun Taun. The size would fit, and I can't remember too many life forms able to live on Hoth except for Wampa's and Taun Tauns... Or perhaps they are intended as the remains of another Wampa. I could imagine them being canibals.

Anyhow, yes, this set could have done with the Taun Taun / Han Solo from the Hoth Rebel Base... But including two expensive and unique creature molds (practically unusable in other sets) would probably have made this set far too expensive to be marketable.

Edited by Alldarker

i like the set very much. the wampa & luke are great. another snowspeeder is good to.

i got the set yesterday morning at toysrus in frankfurt at nordwestzentrum. € 49,99

they just put the sets on the shelf when i arrived.

they had the new slave I as well.

IMO this set is another total rip off from TLG, it looks to be £39.99-£49.99 which is ridiculous for whats there really! I will most likely buy Wampa and Luke from ebay and be done with it. This set should be £29.99 or less but i feel we are getting scammed more and more as new sets emerge :hmpf_bad:

Great review for a great set.

It's among the the cheapest set to really have full playability value. Goes for 30 EUR atm. I would especially recommend the set for parents (as a gift to their children) as it features a small diorama (the cave), a vehicle (the T-47 airspeeder) and a monster creature (the Wampa, by non-fans often referred to as a 'Yeti').

Thus you find a huge playability potential for a fair value. While the movie scene itself is short, children's fantasy offers boundless adventure options. The wampa is beautifully designed.

The only downsides are some stickers for the speeder (still looks good without them) and only few minifigs (you can use Zev Senesca as a nondescript Rebel pilot, anyway). The set is wonderful to build and very nice to look at. I rate it at 5/5, higly recommended, especially for children.