99 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello, 1st post and 1st review, I hope you will enjoy it.

8098 - Hoth Wampa Cave

Front of the box

4578558011_fa9fa076a4_b.jpg

Back of the box

4579187302_983465baa9_b.jpg

The Minifigs illustration

4579188582_41ff6cd984_b.jpg

After opening the box, you will find 4 bags and the stickers.

4578561521_48b30f822c_b.jpg

And instructions...

4579193664_667f344595_b.jpg

Random pages...

4579210618_b1cb266bee_b.jpg

4578582175_627fe1edd5_b.jpg

I'm a very lucky boy, i've just got a white Boba Feet inside this box! Look:

4579198936_29b647da85_b.jpg

The minifigs and Luke Skywampa:

4579203426_ce03823be5_b.jpg

4579654834_95475f2cae_b.jpg

4579205526_dac0a37a49_b.jpg

For information, Zev is exactly the same than the one of the battlepack 8083.

Luke looks like rebels inside the 8083 set, with some changes, it's a good thing for someone who want an "Hoth" lost Luke.

The parts - Bag n°1

4579194288_72c426375c_b.jpg

The parts - Bag n°2

4578569675_6ddc338b87_b.jpg

The parts - Bag n°3

4579201994_523d09435c_b.jpg

4579200454_5af8965453_b.jpg

When you finish it, enjoy!

4578570651_984fc6e342_b.jpg

4578579285_27757ac085_b.jpg

4578577383_a26acd3af2_b.jpg

4579207220_b53d010d63_b.jpg

The unused parts

4578576891_d6a5c2a7d9_b.jpg

Actions you can do with this set:

4579207832_3b4930edfe_b.jpg

And finally some ads...

4578581453_91d6e9c146_b.jpg

My rating:

Building time: 3/5 - Small set, a kid should take some time to build it but for AFOLs, it's really fast with number printed on the bags.

Playability: 5/5 - Looks good. A kid will enjoy it for sure. A bad thing is the lightsaber system, it doesn't work very well, if you flick strong, the lightsaber goes really far, else nothing append except it move a few outside the hole :cry_sad:

Minifigs: 4/5 - Wampa is a bit ugly but i like it, Zev is useless if you have the battlepack, Luke is usefull if you try to make a more accurate Hoth Diorama including the cave event.

Price: 5/5 - 46.90€ seems to be a good price, 4 minifigs (Wammmpppaa :pir-wub: ), a ship, the cave, some nice parts, "what else?" :tongue:

Overall

A good set, maybe not a must have if you already have a Snowspeeder and if the Wampa is not interesting for you, else it's a good deal.

Ps: sorry for my english skill, I try to do my best ^^

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

Huh. How much is this set going to be? I wanted it just so I could get a "real" Snow Speeder because I didn't have one, and figured that the Wompa and cave and everything would just be nice extras... but then I built the cheapskate Snow Speeder, and now that I'm seeing more pictures, I'm not sure I feel like spending money on it (I am a real cheapskate; LEGO is not a good hobby!).

My cheapskate Snow Speeder even has a Zev Senesca from the Battle Pack.

I'll probably end up getting it for anal-retentive "completeness."

Thanks for the review.

I have to get this set. I love luke's new printing and the wampa.

I really want this! Where did you get?

It just came out on amazon france but other than that there is no way to get them till they start coming out in TRUs around the world which will probably happen around August. :wink:

YES, nice large resolution CLEAR pcitures of my most anticipated set.

THANK YOU, GREAT review! I want it even more now.

Nice quick review, thanks.

One question, is there printing on the back of Luke and Zev?

A little skinny for a review - but thanks for the pictorial walkthrough.

Nice pics! I like this set, but I don't understand why Zen is in this set and the Hoth BP.

Nice pics! I like this set, but I don't understand why Zen is in this set and the Hoth BP.

Because he looks like a generic pilot?

Thank you for the review and pictures. The set is average in terms of its complexity in my opinion. No complex building/structures/ships. Something thrown together and slightly better than a battle pack.

As far as pricing goes it is daylight robbery. I had a look on Amazon.fr and 46.90 Euros is very expensive (especially if you compare it to the Plo Koon's fighter that sells for 26.30).

If the UK prices are that high then I will simply get the minifigures on Bricklink instead.

It's a "cute" little set. I kind of want it, but only for just the snow speeder, though. :tongue:

I suppose if you already have the Battle Packs and the Hoth base w/Tauntaun, then this would be a "must have" set.

YES! I love this set, and I know love it more. New Luke torso, wampa... new snowspeeder... only problem is no floppy armed skeleton or Tycho/Janson instead of Zen.

I did some update (Rating, unused parts and back of the minifigs). Thanks for your advice KimT, I will try to do better on my next review :classic:

Thanks 'schlaouich' for your review, ah.....added to shopping list this one is ! :yoda:

The new Luke is COOL, great new face and printed torso ! :grin:

The cave is simple but effective, Wampa looks AWESOME ! :grin:

Another snowspeeder - okay I have that !

Why another Zev - ah, well that's Lego for you ! :wink:

Great set eh ? :sweet:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for the pics and review. I'm going to get this set. The Wampa is better than I expected and Luke is great. Not sure about the snowspeeder. In a way its annoying that there's so many version out there. Looks weird when you park them together but I'm sure we can explain that away.

What makes Zev "Zev?" The name on the box? It's just a minifig in an orange jump suit. Throw a lightsaber in his hands and he's Luke, change the name on the package and he's Wedge...

And they all sell for different prices on Bricklink. :tongue:

Thanks for the pictures schlaouich! I was planning on buying this set just for the wampa and snowspeeder, and seeing other views of the cave makes me hold true to the fact. I missed out on the Hoth Rebel Base, so I'm glad that there's another chance at getting a snowspeeder. :sweet:

Just wondering though, did TLG always wrap their strings around cardboard? I never saw that before. :look:

How much is this set going to be?
$40 USD according to FBTB. :wink:

Im getting the set for both the wampa, and the speeder, and, I can never have to many "generic" bricks as well. the cave structure has more basic pieces in it then I've seen in the starwars line for awhile.

What makes Zev "Zev?" The name on the box? It's just a minifig in an orange jump suit. Throw a lightsaber in his hands and he's Luke, change the name on the package and he's Wedge...

And they all sell for different prices on Bricklink. :tongue:

heh, and I've never even heard of him anyways!

I suggest they should have made it Han. THEN it would be perfect for re-enacting the Hoth scene.... wait! they should do a whole do-over, and put the wampa and taun-taun and Luke/Han all in one set....