Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

4480 Jabba's Palace (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

jabbas_palace_01.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x88

Replaced part 44361c01 with brick-built solution

Incorrect/missing prints

4475 Jabba's Message (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

jabbas_message.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 44363 with 30114

Incorrect/missing prints

4476 Jabba's Prize (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

jabbas_prize.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 44757 with 98373

Incorrect/missing prints

7104 Desert Skiff (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

desert_skiff_01.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

Part 6152 cannot connect to part 3035

6210 Jabba's Sail Barge (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

jabbas_sail_barge.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 75c15 and sailbb39

Replaced parts 44757 with 98373, and 2991, 44361c01 and 47544 with brick-built solutions

Replaced Speckle Black-Silver with Titanium Metallic

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 3020 and 47404

Edited by ADHO15

3178 - Seaplane - Town

3178_seaplane.jpg

LXF

No errors except stickers

3829 - Fire Nation Ship - Avatar

3829_fire_nation_ship.jpg

LXF

Errors:

The rear door cannot be closed properly. That is due to not perfect alignment of hinge parts used ("plates 1x1 with holder vertical" and "plates 1x2 with stick 3.8") because they can slide from left to right but never in the central position. I had never tested that in LDD3.

The attached file has been updated after fixing this error.

The big flag is missing.

Characters' prints are different or missing.

For characters' armours I used dark red as reported by Peerom.com, even if in the instructions they looked more like metal red.

The models:

3181 Passenger plane

6745 Propellor power (main model)

6747 Race riders (main model and model 3)

have been successfully upgraded to LDD4 and all detected errors have been fixed. Comments have been added in the original posts.

Other models work the same way.

Edited by marco9999

The models:

3181 Passenger plane

have been successfully upgraded to LDD4 and all detected errors have been fixed. Comments have been added in the original posts.

Super, that's the way we like it :thumbup:

Got a bunch of seemingly random themes here tonight! These have all been checked in LDD4 and are just fine.

6773 Alpha Team Helicopter - Theme: Alpha Team

lddscreenshot2.png

Download the LXF!

Thanks to LDD4 I could bend the hoses into place properly, the only issues are missing prints and the lack of the correct windshield and it's hinge (Which has been substituted). Oh, and the rope isn't there either.

6919 Planetary Prowler - Theme: Insectoids

lddscreenshot8.png

Download the LXF!

This one's a bit of a doozy. It's missing the same windscreen+hinge as the above helicopter, as well as the distinctive Insect Leg pieces. I have built substitute legs for it which are similar in look and dimension, but still a little off. The rear legs are not connected to their shock absorbers because they would not reach. The windows on the sides have been updated to their clicky-hinge counterparts, though they do have slightly different dimensions. As well, the magnet holder for the tail isn't here so it has been left out.

8210 Nitro Bike GTX - Theme: Technic Tech Starter

lddscreenshot3.png

Download the LXF!

The windshield is missing, and a lot of old-style parts have been replaced with new ones. The 1/2 Bush with teeth is now without, as are the toothed half-joints for the handlebars. All the modified plates with technic holes on the end have either been omitted (The 4-stud ones) or replaced (the 6-stud). The T-joints holding the front wheels are the new versions as well.

8001 Battle Droid - Theme: Star Wars/Technic

lddscreenshot4.png

Download the LXF!

The correct feet are missing and have been left out entirely, the "32307" parts have had substitutes built, and the magnet holders are not here (The magnets are, though). Thanks to a clipping error with the 8-tooth gear, the backpack could not be put on the droid and so I have left it to the side and painted him as a commander droid. The parts to do this were included with the set and I followed the instructions to make sure the file's yellow pieces are accurate.

8000 Pit Droid - Theme: Star Wars/Technic

lddscreenshot6.png

Download the LXF!

Like the Battle Droid, the feet are missing and the "32307" part has been substituted. The droid's "eye" is the wrong piece, included to replace the missing one that should be there. The "Technic Connector with Ball Socket" has been updated to the newer version because the old one is gone, and the Technic Liftarms have been replaced with functionally equivalent substitutes. The tubes and flex rod are left on the ground as the cannot be bent, and the flex rod cannot be placed where it belongs. Either a brick error or a LEGO-illegal design, I'm guessing.

Edited by Daedalus304

Index updated.

NOTE: is has been updated to post 885, sets made with LDD4 still not indexed.

29 Sets has been added to the index (20 alternative, 3 duplicate, 0 incomplete).

Check your sets and report errors or inaccuracies!

8 Sets has NOT been added to the index because irregular.

Fix your sets in order to be added!

List of Irregular Sets:

(image exceed maximum size)

- 1255 - Shell Car Wash - by BrickWild [FIXED]

- 1253 - Shell Formula Racer - by BrickWild [FIXED]

- 1256 - Shell Gas Pumps - by BrickWild [FIXED]

- 1254 - Shell Select Store - by BrickWild [FIXED]

- 1252 - Shell Tanker - by BrickWild [FIXED]

- 4920 - Rapid Rider - by Daedalus304 [FIXED]

- 4910 - Hover Scout - by Daedalus304 [FIXED]

- 10021 - USS Constellation - by marco9999 [FIXED]

Lists of previously reported irregular sets here and here.

@marco9999

Can you fix the image of the "Romantic old-style train"?

You should insert that image as a text link instead than include that in the post.

It's almost halloween so I decided to make this small sets (NEW):

40012 - halloween pumpkin - seasonal

DOWNLOAD

lego_40012.jpg

40013 - halloween ghost - seasonal

DOWNLOAD

lego_40013.jpg

40014 - halloween bat - seasonal

DOWNLOAD

lego_40014.jpg

(I hope I posted the sets good (rules))

Edited by legolijntje

(I hope I posted the sets good (rules)

You need to insert images as preview (one for each set, no more than 512x512 pixel size)

(I hope I posted the sets good (rules))[/size]

Ha, ha. Yes, this is a tough topic to post in - you have to be picky :tongue:

You only forgot the preview pics, so if you can edit those in, it would be awesome.

Also while I'm at it, could you please post the correct pic in this post. The post says a croc, but the image a car.

Dank u well

You need to insert images as preview (one for each set, no more than 512x512 pixel size)

OK, done :classic:

Ha, ha. Yes, this is a tough topic to post in - you have to be picky :tongue:

You only forgot the preview pics, so if you can edit those in, it would be awesome.

Also while I'm at it, could you please post the correct pic in this post. The post says a croc, but the image a car.

Dank u well

I posted the pics.

I made also that car and the croc, but it's weird that the pics are changed :sceptic:. When I posted it, it was the good pic. I will change them.

Edited by legolijntje

6919 Planetary Prowler - Theme: Insectoids

Download the LXF!

This one's a bit of a doozy. It's missing the same windscreen+hinge as the above helicopter, as well as the distinctive Insect Leg pieces. I have built substitute legs for it which are similar in look and dimension, but still a little off. The rear legs are not connected to their shock absorbers because they would not reach. The windows on the sides have been updated to their clicky-hinge counterparts, though they do have slightly different dimensions. As well, the magnet holder for the tail isn't here so it has been left out.

All of the parts that should be Trans. Neon Green are colored incorrectly. The official name for that color is 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green, and it's the color that looks almost like trans. yellow when you hover over the Transparent Green color in the palette.

The color you used is Transparent Bright Green, a color that did not even exist until this year's Atlantis sets.

I know I've already posted some of these before, but seeing as they fit the story and are now updated, I'll just repost them along with some new ones.

C-3PO and R2-D2 were sent to 4480 Jabba's Palace to deliver a message from Luke Skywalker to Jabba the Hutt asking him to return Han Solo. (please update index link)

LXF File

Upon entering the main audience chamber, R2 played 4475 Jabba's Message only to find that Jabba was not intimidated by Luke's threats. R2 and 3PO were kept at the palace to serve the Hutt. (please update index link)

LXF File

Soon after, Leia came to the palace disguised as a bounty hunter along with a captive Chewbacca. Both were imprisoned when Leia was caught releasing 4476 Jabba's Prize: Han Solo frozen in carbonite. (please update index link)

LXF File

After Luke fails to release the prisoners when he comes to the palace, they are sentenced to death and taken out into the dune sea aboard a 7104 Desert Skiff.

LXF File

Leia, R2 and 3PO are safely on 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge along with the Hutt. As Luke is about to be pushed into the Pit of Carkoon, R2 gives him his lightsaber and a large battle ensues.

LXF File

Lando, who was working undercover helped the group escape their captors while Leia strangled Jabba with her chain. Boba Fett tried to stop Luke, but was thrown into the pit when his jump-pack backfired. Luke rescued Leia and the droids from the barge, destroying it in the process. The group escaped aboard a skiff and regrouped with the Rebel Alliance.

All sets are missing correct prints.

Pics featuring Boba Fett may include tanks rather than a jetpack, but the LXF files should be correct.

Barge sails are missing.

Old Boba fett helmet replaced with new helmet and jetpack.

Gamorrean head replaced with head and body wear.

Jabba part is missing.

Bib Fortuna's lekku replaced with an old hairpiece.

EDIT: Updated to LDD 4 :wink:

You can tell with mine because the LDD4 screenshots have grey backgrounds for some reason.

Also some color errors here. You colored most orange parts Transparent Flame Yellowish Orange-- a color that never existed in anything besides Clikits to my knowledge. The correct color should be 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange, a.k.a. Trans-Neon Orange, which is listed under the same category as Transparent Red. You also made the same mistake as Daedalus with the color of Trans-Neon Green parts in Jabba's Palace (and probably other sets).

As always, I recommend Peeron's color chart, which cross-references the Peeron names and Bricklink names with the official LEGO names. You'll still have to worry about the Bricklink and Peeron inventories possibly being wrong (for instance, Bricklink's inventories list almost all dark pink parts as the original Dark Pink, despite that not existing after 2004), but if you own the set you'll be able to easily identify the colors for yourself and figure out their official names.

Edited by Aanchir

Lets leave Superkalle to decide on this one.

There are two reasons why I'd prefer if you can remove it

1) We had a staff decision at EB not to post pictures that are marked preliminary. And this includea detailed reproductions, which a LDD model is (I doesn't become any more detailed :tongue:).

2) The model you made is still a best guess, and this thread is about official sets made from instructions.

I hate to be nitt-picking, but I hope that's OK.

(PS: The reason I think JunkstyleGio brought up was because I was on his tail too some time ago with the same issue :laugh:)

Some notes:

6455 Space Simulation Station - Theme: Space Port

The image is too big and exceed 512x512 pixel limit. Could you fix it? :classic:

Model: 8065 Mini dump truck

Theme: technic

Year: 2011

Only a little note: only a single image is permitted for a single set: you can post the second image as a text link!

EDIT: oops, I didn't noticed the set was still unreleased!

Remember to inform me when that will be done, so I'll add it to the index! :wink:

I know I've already posted some of these before, but seeing as they fit the story and are now updated, I'll just repost them along with some new ones.

I'm not sure what you have done.

Working on the index, I noticed you make two sets two times, so I inserted that as duplicated versions of the same set.

But, according with topic's rules, it would be better if you simply edit the original post (you can insert more than one link to lxf files, for alternative versions) and report the modification in a new post (text only, well highlighted, as images can be inserted only in the original post).

It would be important too to report when a set is a duplicate (i.e. it has been already made in LDD by someone before), that helps me very match to built the index.

The models:

3181 Passenger plane

Good work!

It would useful for me if you insert a direct link to your old upgraded post too!

Thanks! :wink:

Edited by Calabar

Also some color errors here. You colored most orange parts Transparent Flame Yellowish Orange-- a color that never existed in anything besides Clikits to my knowledge. The correct color should be 47 Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange, a.k.a. Trans-Neon Orange, which is listed under the same category as Transparent Red. You also made the same mistake as Daedalus with the color of Trans-Neon Green parts in Jabba's Palace (and probably other sets).

As always, I recommend Peeron's color chart, which cross-references the Peeron names and Bricklink names with the official LEGO names. You'll still have to worry about the Bricklink and Peeron inventories possibly being wrong (for instance, Bricklink's inventories list almost all dark pink parts as the original Dark Pink, despite that not existing after 2004), but if you own the set you'll be able to easily identify the colors for yourself and figure out their official names.

My bad. I guess I'm daft for thinking they'd actually make the orange colour look orange and put it in the orange section! :wacko:

Oh, of course! The green that looks yellow rather than the one that looks like trans-neon green!

And then they have colours that don't even exist on Peeron's list. When do I know to use them?

I'm not sure what you have done.

Working on the index, I noticed you make two sets two times, so I inserted that as duplicated versions of the same set.

But, according with topic's rules, it would be better if you simply edit the original post (you can insert more than one link to lxf files, for alternative versions) and report the modification in a new post (text only, well highlighted, as images can be inserted only in the original post).

It would be important too to report when a set is a duplicate (i.e. it has been already made in LDD by someone before), that helps me very match to built the index.

I've spent ages trying to find every little thing that might be wrong with these sets and posted the results.

What two sets might they be?

Why can you not just link to this new post and forget the old post?

Edited by ADHO15

Why can you not just link to this new post and forget the old post?

It is simple... because using the old posts I've not to modify the index for that set every time. :wink:

I could do it for few sets, but if every user will do the same it would be an important increase in my workload (especially now that LDD4 has been release and many users will update their sets).

So I prefer to create an easy rule in order to manage updates in the simpler way as possible.

I can do it this time if you want but... only this time please! :tongue:

(indicate me which set then)

Edited by Calabar

It is simple... because using the old posts I've not to modify the index for that set every time. :wink:

I could do it for few sets, but if every user will do the same it would be an important increase in my workload (especially now that LDD4 has been release and many users will update their sets).

So I prefer to create an easy rule in order to manage updates in the simpler way as possible.

I can do it this time if you want but... only this time please! :tongue:

(indicate me which set then)

Sure. Thanks, Calabar. :classic:

They're the only sets left that I've pre-made before they fit in. I'll edit the rest in their original posts.

By the way, my MINI AT-AT is after the post you've indexed to, but was not made in LDD4.

I'm not saying you thought it was, I'm just letting you know.

Aanchir's colour corrections should now be present in the LXF files. The pics will still be wrong, though.

Edited by ADHO15

There are two reasons why I'd prefer if you can remove it

1) We had a staff decision at EB not to post pictures that are marked preliminary. And this includea detailed reproductions, which a LDD model is (I doesn't become any more detailed :tongue:).

2) The model you made is still a best guess, and this thread is about official sets made from instructions.

I hate to be nitt-picking, but I hope that's OK.

(PS: The reason I think JunkstyleGio brought up was because I was on his tail too some time ago with the same issue :laugh:)

Okay than delete that post :classic:

IMPORTANT ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND LDD 4

I've been talking to Calabar, and our proposal is that everyone goes back and updates their old models and that we thus keep the current topic. This is the proposed update process:

Step 1) IF there is a problem with "removed parts" when opening your files in LDD4, then parse you LDD3 file in LDD Manager to remove any "missing parts" errors. I'm almost done with this feature in LDD Manager and will have it ready in a few days.

Step 2) Open file in LDD4:

a) If there are any parts removed when opening due to illegal placement, try to re-make the model to make them fit againg. There is a new feature in LDD Manager so you can compare two LXF-files (old 3.0 and new opened in 4.0) that allows you to see which parts were removed due to illegal placement.

b) Remove/replace any custom parts if they are now available in LDD4

c) Place any parts that could not be placed before due to connectivity error etc

Step 3) Check the colors (which is now easy in LDD4 - just click on a part and see if it's the right color. The tranlsation between LEGO color and BrickLink color is in LDD Manager (and also elsewhere on the web).

When you have reviewed your 3.0 files, then please edit your ORIGINAL post and also insert a clear "UPDATED TO LDD 4.0" text by pasting this into your post:

[color="#8B0000"][size="4"][b]Updated to LDD 4[/b][/size][/color]

All of the parts that should be Trans. Neon Green are colored incorrectly. The official name for that color is 49 Transparent Fluorescent Green, and it's the color that looks almost like trans. yellow when you hover over the Transparent Green color in the palette.

The color you used is Transparent Bright Green, a color that did not even exist until this year's Atlantis sets.

Oh, so I did. I'm going through fixing it right now, but honestly... LDD4's Transparent Flourescent Green is far too yellow. I don't know if that's something to be asked about in the bugs thread, but the "proper" colour just doesn't seem proper at all here.

Still though, accuracy is accuracy I suppose so I'll have all the colours fixed and updated momentarily.

IMPORTANT ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND LDD 4

I've been talking to Calabar, and our proposal is that everyone goes back and updates their old models and that we thus keep the current topic. This is the proposed update process:

Step 1) IF there is a problem with "removed parts" when opening your files in LDD4, then parse you LDD3 file in LDD Manager to remove any "missing parts" errors. I'm almost done with this feature in LDD Manager and will have it ready in a few days.

Step 2) Open file in LDD4:

a) If there are any parts removed when opening due to illegal placement, try to re-make the model to make them fit againg. There is a new feature in LDD Manager so you can compare two LXF-files (old 3.0 and new opened in 4.0) that allows you to see which parts were removed due to illegal placement.

b) Remove/replace any custom parts if they are now available in LDD4

c) Place any parts that could not be placed before due to connectivity error etc

Step 3) Check the colors (which is now easy in LDD4 - just click on a part and see if it's the right color. The tranlsation between LEGO color and BrickLink color is in LDD Manager (and also elsewhere on the web).

When you have reviewed your 3.0 files, then please edit your ORIGINAL post and also insert a clear "UPDATED TO LDD 4.0" text by pasting this into your post:

[color="#8B0000"][size="4"][b]Updated to LDD 4[/b][/size][/color]

Another trick I know: if a brick is removed because it "cannot be placed correctly", go to (on Windows XP, anyway) My Computer>Local Disk (C:)>Documents and Settings>User Name>Application Data>LEGO Company. Open the LXFML file labeled "Unplaceable Bricks Dump". Whatever the latest model for which this error came up is, it will be here colored entirely in Bright Yellow, besides the part that was removed which appears in Bright Red. This is a great way to pinpoint which pieces version 4's more specific boundaries will no longer allow in their former position.

Oh, so I did. I'm going through fixing it right now, but honestly... LDD4's Transparent Flourescent Green is far too yellow. I don't know if that's something to be asked about in the bugs thread, but the "proper" colour just doesn't seem proper at all here.

Still though, accuracy is accuracy I suppose so I'll have all the colours fixed and updated momentarily.

It uses LEGO's official RGB value for the color, which is also far too yellow (inexplicably, its only difference from regular Trans Yellow is having slightly less blue). And I believe the official RGB is also what appears in building instructions by default, so obviously LEGO has seen no reason to change this over many years of using that color.

It uses LEGO's official RGB value for the color, which is also far too yellow (inexplicably, its only difference from regular Trans Yellow is having slightly less blue). And I believe the official RGB is also what appears in building instructions by default, so obviously LEGO has seen no reason to change this over many years of using that color.

How odd. Perhaps the green tint is due to colour reactions with the UV light? That would explain why black lights and other UV lights make it glow greener. I'm finding myself quite curious about this now.

Calabar: I went and fixed all my image sizes. Sorry about that mix-up! I mistakenly mis-remembered the proper limit as 612, not 512. I've fixed the Space Simulation Station and both the Rapid Rider and Hover scout pictures accordingly.

Ok, after all the colour mis-matches I went back through ALL my upload sets and cross-referenced the colours with the peeron charts. They should be all be accurate now, finally. Apologies for it taking so long. Most of the pictures have been updated as well (And all of them are now compliant with the topic rules).

So, with the fixing/edits behind finally (Hopefully :tongue: ), Here's another Rock Raiders set.

4940 Granite Grinder - Theme: Rock Raiders

lddscreenshot15.png

Download the LXF!

No construction errors, the missing parts have had my custom substitutes of very similar dimensions placed instead. If you take them out everything else will still be exactly where and how it belongs. Prints are missing, of course.