Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Wow. I haven't contributed in a while... I think I'm subconsciously waiting for 4.0 to come out. Still chugging out LDD comics though, so there's that at least... I guess. (I was pretty proud of the digital editing I used to make the storm trooper head look like a storm trooper head on Monday. It is an LDD storm trooper helmet, not a photo.)

Keep up that good work Randal.

This one is a bit nasty :laugh:

http://www.drunkduck.com/brick/index.php?p=741027

Hop, the final UCS set I didn't build yet (the ones I didn't do in LDD, I own, so I won't be doing them :tongue: )

7181 - UCS TIE Interceptor

Somehow, I couldn't get the wings to connect to the main body, nor could I get the back section to fit either... but everything is there.

Ah no, I couldn't use the 8x8 grid plates, since we can't connect anything underneath like we can with the real one.

Still, next to the TIE Advanced, it feels a bit lacking. It's obvious it's a first generation UCS :grin:

Download please?

@BrickWild

Two things as friendly remarks:

1) The request for the LXF was allready posted a few posts up. Please try to read posts before posting.

2) When you quoute another members post, please deleted the pics (like with yellost above). Conserves real-estate.

Thanks

Question on B Models.... Do they go in the same thread as the main model?

851 / 951 Tractor B Models

851-951-Tractor-Bmodel.png

LXF File

Errors:

None. It was tricky getting the cogs (gears) and links to mesh properly - but otherwise a fun challenge.

Edited by roamingstudio

8038 Battle of Endor

lddscreenshot7.png

LXF File

Changes:

-Leia hair, Rebel helmets, Scout helmets, prints, Ewok heads, Chewbacca head, Officer helmet, and guns all replaced

-AT-ST side panels were too much of a pain so I left them to the side

-No Ewok glider wings

-5.5 axles with stop put to side and replaced with 5L axles in the AT-ST

-Springs and gears from the Outpost left to the side

-Speeder bike skids left to the side

-Outpost panels left to the side

Changes:

-Leia hair, Rebel helmets, Scout helmets, prints, Ewok heads, Chewbacca head, Officer helmet, and guns all replaced

Huh, Sea-woks. I get a kick outta that. I want furry land sharks in my star wars now! :tongue:

LEGO set 8652 - enzo ferrari 1:17 - LEGO racers (ferrari)

This is my second official ldd. :classic:

I hope the colors are correct :wink:

The only errors are the stickers. They are not in ldd.

lego_8652.jpg

click HERE to download.

Edited by legolijntje

Huh, Sea-woks. I get a kick outta that. I want furry land sharks in my star wars now! :tongue:

Yeah, I just used shark heads because they fit over the neck stud thing, like the real thing, instead of sitting on a head.

10188 Death Star

edited to correct my post

Hi there, this is my first post here. This was my first try at LDD, and I have that seen other people have posted the same model, which is the Death Star 10188, but I didn't know that until I was nearly finished. LDD won't behave as real bricks (as most of you know) so some solutions are "creative thinking", so to say. The model is about 95% accurate due to these limitations, and I am particularly proud of my solution to the Death Ray problem. While not as elegant as the original, it manages to retain the spirit.

I opted not to include the minifigures due to LDD's lack of proper Star Wars figures. Let's hope it changes with LDD 4.0

I started out with a difficult model, inspired mainly by my building the star wars sets for my son, and due to the fact that I'll never be able to buy the physical 10188.

LDDScreenShot6-1.jpg

and the model is here Death Star

Cheers!

Edited by bspline

@legolijntje

It seems a very good work at a first View!

Only one thing: you should clearly report set's number, name and theme, all well evidenced.

And remember to resize set's screenshot!

For more infos, you can consult Topic's Rules in the firs post of this thread.

@bspline

You choose a very difficult first challenge with LDD!

A pair notes for you:

The first is the same I told to legolijntje about reporting set's data and image.

The other is related to your creations: as minifigs are missing, I have to tag it as incomplete.

PS: good work with ray weapon's transparent bricks!

Edited by Calabar

924 Transporter

THANKS. I was planning on doing some of my old childhood lego (lost now).... so cool

Edited by roamingstudio

Are there any correct pieces to build the models of 4404 Land Busters?

According to the BrickLink inventory and LDD Manager, the proper wheels don't exist in LDD. Sorry. :sad: Otherwise, I believe most of the pieces exist.

Anyway, I have another entry for the index.

LEGO TECHNIC 8208 Custom Cruiser

8208.png

LXF File

Inaccuracies: In several places, I had to use this piece in place of this piece, due a flaw in the latter piece. I made a few substitutions of other pieces as well. Fixed! Also, the wheels are incorrect.

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: I finally fixed the wheels, thanks to brick version 1564.2! :grin:

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Anyone tried making more 'Exclusives' e.g. 10177 Boeing 787 Dreamliner?

Big models take lots of time to make!

Yes, I agree with Calabar - why double post? I think most of us here at the LDD forum reads just about every topic and every post - at least I do :classic:

why double post?

I think he simply re-posted the request there after I informed him about the correct topic :wink:

Anyone tried making more 'Exclusives' e.g. 10177 Boeing 787 Dreamliner?

Big models take lots of time to make!

and here you go :

10177 - Boeing 787 Dreamliner

10177-boeing_787_dreamliner.jpg

There are a few pieces I couldn't get to fit where they were supposed to.

But otherwise, an interesting build indeed. Although the engines look a little weird...

LXF File

I think he simply re-posted the request there after I informed him about the correct topic :wink:

Sorry BrickWild - I didn't understand this :blush:

7636 Combine Harvester

7636.png

Updated for LDD 4. The water wheel is now present! I used two outer cables to get the correct length to fit between the water wheels.

Changes:

-No stickers of course

-I am not shure about the minifig torso but it is close.

-I could not find the water wheel (BL 64566) piece in the front so I replaced them with standard cogs instead. The pieces left on the side could not be placed becouse of that.

-At the end of the elevator a standard slope should be attached but I think that is an illegal build. I replaced it with a technic half pin and an inverted slope instead.

I think that is all and I hope that I got all the colors right.

LDD file here.

Edited by Anders Nolberger