Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

BTW, what is "autoconnecting and autospacing"?

By that i mean that pieces are placed in their correct place with the correct space.

connectors, beams and bushes and stuff like that have to be place 100% accurate....

And that is very hard...

I'm told that SR 3d builder has such a feature..

As for the Falling Water LDD file!

This is an awsome model!

By that i mean that pieces are placed in their correct place with the correct space.

connectors, beams and bushes and stuff like that have to be place 100% accurate....

Ok, gottcha! It was the thing we talked about when you built your technic MOC.

Nicely done, ADHO! ) :thumbup:

You've really mastered it!

Is it me, or those sets look better in LDD than in reality? :tongue:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I think it's because the pictures of real life models have scale references in them, be it the setting the model is placed in or the individual bricks themselves. Both of which are pretty much unavoidable. Where as in LDD, you mostly don't see the individual bricks.

Also, on your version of Falling Water, it looks better when you twist the tree bricks to the way they are in the instructions. (At least, that's my opinion)

I did Falling water also, but it was before the LU mod, so some of the pieces were off in color. That set is decieving, because it is small but there are a ton of little pieces and it took a lot longer than I had anticipated. (I was watching Gene Simmons Family Jewels at the time and I know there were several episodes that passed before I finished.)

I too was surprised at how long it took to build after first seeing it.

Lovely :cry_happy:

Thank you, Superkalle. :sweet:

As for the Falling Water LDD file!

This is an awsome model!

I'm not sure if you mean mine or the set in general, but thanks! :classic:

Nicely done, ADHO! ) :thumbup:

You've really mastered it!

Is it me, or those sets look better in LDD than in reality? :tongue:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thank you very much, Penguin.

I agree that some of these do look better, but the lack of printing and parts on some sets do let them down.

I think it's because the pictures of real life models have scale references in them, be it the setting the model is placed in or the individual bricks themselves. Both of which are pretty much unavoidable. Where as in LDD, you mostly don't see the individual bricks.

Also, on your version of Falling Water, it looks better when you twist the tree bricks to the way they are in the instructions. (At least, that's my opinion)

The absence of the gaps between the bricks can be both good and bad at different times. :grin:

I prefer the neater, topiary-like look of the trees myself. :wink:

fallingwater.jpg

Wonderful work on the LXF-file. ADHO15. However, I wish Lego would have colored this model differently. As it is now the terrain has the same tan colors as the house so it's diffiult to appreciate how this building is placed in the middle of nature. I wish they would have used dark-tan for the terrarin. In my mod below, I've used a few pieces that are not manufactured in Dark Tan, but I guess Lego could have had them made. I suppose LEGO had their restrictions when designing this set, but I don't agree with their trade off.

And then there are pure design flaws. Like the bridge. It's a bridge that you're supposed to drive a car over. In the Lego model it's placed way too high.

FallingWaterMod.jpg

LXF-file here

I couldn't find the launcher piece, so I made my own little thingie to go there. then I said, "What the heck. it's already modified" so I made it "Batman blue."

bat_tumbler.png

I couldn't find the launcher piece, so I made my own little thingie to go there. then I said, "What the heck. it's already modified" so I made it "Batman blue."

Great looking Batman-vehicle. Looks awseome in Dark blue. Do you have the LXF too?

I think the new space police sets are awesome, would be cool to see them in here too :cry_happy:

Great looking Batman-vehicle. Looks awseome in Dark blue. Do you have the LXF too?

why of course. I just don't know where I can load them. I no longer have a place where I can load more than image files. Also, I used an even different color scheme mod for today's Brick.

I think the new space police sets are awesome, would be cool to see them in here too :cry_happy:

I agree. I think within the last five years, you'll see a trend in all themes that I think was sparked by the designers of the Star Wars Line. People want more polished sets with more detail and fewer exposed studs. I have been looking through brickset a lot lately and that seems to be system wide. Even the Star Wars sets from before five years ago were slightly less polished. But I think that line was the catalyst.

Edited by Randal

why of course. I just don't know where I can load them. I no longer have a place where I can load more than image files.

You can open a free BrickShelf.com account, there you can upload pics and files. The same goes for Mocpages.com. If you have a hotmail or google account you can also use that to upload files. As a last resort, I think you can also upload to images sites, just rename to .zip, or in worst case to .jpg.

I'd upload LDD sets but I can't because most of the sets are missing a part or it's impossible to find.

Don't let that stop you :classic:

The majority of sets you can download in this thread probably miss a part or two. You can either just replace the missing parts with something similar. If you do, preferably you can create a group out of those, so that the person viewing your file can select that group and will see what is "original" and what is your mod. Or you can just leave the missing parts out.

But please do post what you got :classic:

Hi! Being an avid MLCad fan I was quite interested to see this new sub forum for LDD as it is not something I have used before today. I have to admit I am pretty impressed with the renders of what you guys have made so far! If any of you guys spend time in the train forum you will know me as the user who collects and makes many of the GIFs for the BlueBrick layout software. :sweet:

All of the official Lego sets GIFs in BlueBrick are based on MLCad screenshots so far but I figured LDD should work too.

I have just tried it in LDD but the quality didn't turn out so well. Unfortunately there seem to be some compatibility problems and missing parts in the LDraw library so an import didn't work well either. It could be, that I am doing something wrong but if any of you guys can figure out a way of making good quality overhead screenshots of your official sets in LLD, and would like to donate a GIF or two please write a note in the BlueBrick thread :classic: You can check out which sets have already been made on the BlueBrick parts tracker in the "town", "space" and "train" categories.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Here is a 2010 Space Police set. Raid VPR, set 5981. I included a fire and construction recolor and then put them in action.

Inspired by the excellent new Red Dead Redemption game, I thought I'd have a go at some old Western sets:

6712 Sheriff's Showdown (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

sheriffs_showdown.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6790/6791 Bandit's Wheelgun (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

bandits_wheelgun.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6799 Showdown Canyon (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

showdown_canyon.png

ERRORS:

Missing part 4587

Replaced part 251c01 with 74340

Incorrect/missing prints

Edited by ADHO15

I might as well carry on with a few more from the Western theme then. :grin:

2845 Indian Chief (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

indian_chief.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

2846 Indian Kayak (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

indian_kayak.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6709 Tribal Chief (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

tribal_chief.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6716 Covered Wagon (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

covered_wagon.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 4587 and x192px1

Replaced part 251c01 with 74340

Incorrect/missing prints

6718 Raindance Ridge (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

raindance_ridge.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6746 Chief's Tepee (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

chiefs_tepee.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 30129 and x172px1

Incorrect/missing prints

6765 Gold City Junction (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

gold_city_junction.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 4071 and 4611

Replaced part 251c01 with 74340, 4088 with brick-built solution, and 4504 and 4507 with 3666

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Part 76537 cannot be compressed (p13, p23)

Part 4733 cannot connect to 2460 (p26)

Edited by ADHO15

Here is a 2010 Space Police set. Raid VPR, set 5981. I included a fire and construction recolor and then put them in action.

raid%20VPR.png

I like that :classic: the new space police is out soon too the limo would look great in LDD. And i agree with the fact a lot of the new sets have less studs showing which is something i like to do as well, its kinda like blending when painting real world objects.

I like that :classic: the new space police is out soon too the limo would look great in LDD. And i agree with the fact a lot of the new sets have less studs showing which is something i like to do as well, its kinda like blending when painting real world objects.

I used the original color of this and also another SP3 ship in today's brick. One of my prettiest strips to date.

6360 - Weekend Cottage

Theme: Town > Leisure

[Brickset] [Peeron] [BrickLink]

6360_-_weekend_cottage.th.png

Download (LDD 4.2.5):

- Direct link HERE.

- More on my BrickShelf Gallery HERE.

- Visual Gallery HERE.

- Get the ZipPacks from HERE.

Known Inaccuracies:

- 8x24 baseplate (3497) replaced with two 8x16 baseplates (3865)

- door (73312) replaced with another old style door (3861)

- I used minifig head with hollow stud (3626b) instead than old type (3626a)

- Many decorations missing, replaced if possible.

Edited by Calabar

And again an (older) Creator set:

The Ferrari FXX 8156

Red model is 99% complete. Cant seem to place 1 piece (Somewhere in the engine-arrea..) but the pits-parking works....

Yellow model has different steering. (Real steering wheel instead of that strange tile part..)

8156_ferrari_fxx.jpg

LDD file

Yellow version (Hönerplast) available on my brickshelf (when public)

6067 - Guarded Inn

Theme: Castle > Lion Knights

[Brickset] [Peeron] [BrickLink]

6067_-_guarded_inn.th.png

Download (LDD 4.2.5):

- Direct link HERE.

- More on my BrickShelf Gallery HERE.

- Visual Gallery HERE.

- Get the ZipPacks from HERE.

Known Inaccuracies:

- Saddle with one clip (4491a) replaced with saddle with 2 clips

- I used minifig head with hollow stud (3626b) instead than old type (3626a)

- Many decorations missing, replaced if possible.

Comments:

It is one of my favourite set. Unfortunately it is not perfect, but I hope you'll appreciate it anyway.

As I choose a rear view for the thumbmail, here is another one with the front view.

Edited by Calabar

And the rest of the theme:

6706 Frontier Patrol (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

frontier_patrol.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

boulder_cliff_canyon.png

ERRORS:

Missing parts 30129 and x172px2

Replaced part 2359px1 with 44342

Incorrect/missing prints

6755/6764 Sheriff's Lock-Up (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

sheriffs_lockup.png

ERRORS:

Sheriffs LockUp

Part 76537 cannot be compressed (p7)

6761 Bandit's Secret Hideout (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

bandits_secret_hideout.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x127c21

Replaced parts 2927 with 50254 and 2359px2 with 44342

Part 4733 cannot connect to 2460 (p15)

6762/6769 Fort Legoredo (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

fort_legoredo.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 3596 with 30322

Collision error between parts 6126 (p37)

6763/6766 Rapid River Village (LDD 4.3.5 - Western)

LXF File

rapid_river_village.png

ERRORS:

Replaced part 2359px1 with 44342

Incorrect/missing prints

:classic:

Edited by Calabar
6755/6764 link fixed