Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

I'm in need of help... Everytime I add it to the preferences, it won't let me save the file properly. Any help on that?

Just to make sure you have the propper rights, try this:

1. Close LDD

2. Go to your file explorer and rename the preferences.ini to preferences.old

3. Copy and paste your "preferences.old" so you have a duplicate file. It will most prob. be called "preferences.old - copy" or something like that.

4. Open the "preferences.old - copy" in a text editor like notepad. Not Word or Writer. Then add the line.

5. Save as: Preferences.ini

Check if your preferences.ini has the appropriate line in it. If it is, you do have the rights and something else is wrong.

It seems redundant, I know, but you will find out if you really can't edit the preferences.ini.

I'm trying to build Temple Escape in LDD, but just 12 pages in, I ran into a snag. I can't seem to find 41854.gif anywhere at all! Superkalle's LDD manager (the latest version of it) says that it's in the group with a picture of a 2 x 2 plate with wheel pins, but that group doesn't exist. :wacko: Is the piece even in LDD at all?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in the 1 x 1 with clip group! But that non-existent group might be something you'll want to fix, Superkalle :wink:

Edited by ILikePi

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in the 1 x 1 with clip group! But that non-existent group might be something you'll want to fix, Superkalle :wink:

Thanks, I'll fix it!

Someone mentioned earlier int he thread that using LU there is no compiled parts list of your creation. Is this true? How would I figure out all the parts I need to order off of bricklink?

Also I used to have a program that would do this for me in a crude manner in the older LDD version, but cannot re-find it. Any help would be sweet. Thanks guys, this LU is amazing.

Someone mentioned earlier int he thread that using LU there is no compiled parts list of your creation. Is this true? How would I figure out all the parts I need to order off of bricklink?

Also I used to have a program that would do this for me in a crude manner in the older LDD version, but cannot re-find it. Any help would be sweet. Thanks guys, this LU is amazing.

If you want to create a list of all parts, you can use LDD Manager. There are a few older tools, but they do not support all the bricks in LU Mode.

I'm using windows 7 and I'm at the Preferences .ini and it doesn't allow me to save my preferences. Can someone please help me.

Edited by mobricki

I'm using windows 7 and I'm at the Preferences .ini and it doesn't allow me to save my preferences. Can someone please help me.

Please, read the instructions in the first post very carefully so you are sure you are editing the right preferences.ini (there are two).

Please, read the instructions in the first post very carefully so you are sure you are editing the right preferences.ini (there are two).

when I put C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini in explorer it can't find it how do i open up folder options? sorry I'm not very computer savvy. I've read threw all of the help suggestions on here but none of them have worked.

Edited by mobricki

when I put C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini in explorer it can't find it how do i open up folder options? sorry I'm not very computer savvy. I've read threw all of the help suggestions on here but none of them have worked.

Sorry for being a bit short, but basic computer questions like that you can either google for, or use the Help in Windows 7. I googled, and found this. Hope it helps.

Still not working.

You need to get acces to "hidden folders", HERE you can find how to do. I recommend to use option 1 (don't forget(if you want) to hide the hidden folders again if you're done)

Edited by legolijntje

When I try to save my changes it pops up with a menu saying access is denied

Are you the computer's Administrator? If not, or if you're not opening it as an Admin, it won't let you alter program files like that.

Are you the computer's Administrator? If not, or if you're not opening it as an Admin, it won't let you alter program files like that.

I should be the admin it's my personal pc. How do i check to make sure that I am or how do i make myself the admin?

I should be the admin it's my personal pc. How do i check to make sure that I am or how do i make myself the admin?

Uh, sorry, I'm a Mac, so I don't quite remember since I never had that problem in the couple years I used LDD on a PC. :blush:

You could try copying the contents of the preferences file that comes with LDD into a new unformatted text file, add the line to the new file, and save the new file as preferences.ini. Then replace the stock file with your new one. Don't know if that'll work.

Uh, sorry, I'm a Mac, so I don't quite remember since I never had that problem in the couple years I used LDD on a PC. :blush:

You could try copying the contents of the preferences file that comes with LDD into a new unformatted text file, add the line to the new file, and save the new file as preferences.ini. Then replace the stock file with your new one. Don't know if that'll work.

Tried it already it doesn't work.

You need to get acces to "hidden folders", HERE you can find how to do. I recommend to use option 1 (don't forget(if you want) to hide the hidden folders again if you're done)

Hm, that's pretty much what I proposed two posts up from yours. It's always good to pay attention to what has allready been posted in the thread when there are several people trying to help a fellow AFOL.

@Mobibricki - if it says access denied when trying to alter hidden folder, you are most likely not logged in as administrator. Once again, I urge you to google and try to solve the problem.

Hm, that's pretty much what I proposed two posts up from yours. It's always good to pay attention to what has allready been posted in the thread when there are several people trying to help a fellow AFOL.

@Mobibricki - if it says access denied when trying to alter hidden folder, you are most likely not logged in as administrator. Once again, I urge you to google and try to solve the problem.

I finally got it to work. I was signed on as an administrator. Thanks for all the help.

I'm having similar issues as mobricki.. I found the file, I pasted in 'Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse' and hit save, then it said "access denied to: LDD" or something like that. And there's only one account on the computer, so it has to be administrator...

EDIT: Wait, I think I know the problem.. I just don't know where to find the 'Folder Options' window.

EDITEDIT: Ahah! Thanks to google, I found it! But it still says I have no access when I try to save it with the 'Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse' in there.. Just hafta ask, for everyone else, is the only thing in the 'preference' folder the 'language=en'?

Edited by JaseTJ

EDITEDIT: Ahah! Thanks to google, I found it! But it still says I have no access when I try to save it with the 'Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse' in there.. Just hafta ask, for everyone else, is the only thing in the 'preference' folder the 'language=en'?

You're almost certainly editing the wrong preferences file. If you try to edit the one under Programs (Program Files in XP) you'll get this issue. You need instead to edit the one under your personal user's folder. The only other thing that could cause this is if you're trying to edit it while LDD is open (though I haven't checked).

Would there be any interest in a Windows tool to do this for people? I could probably knock something up reasonably easily.

I'm having similar issues as mobricki.. I found the file, I pasted in 'Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse' and hit save, then it said "access denied to: LDD" or something like that. And there's only one account on the computer, so it has to be administrator...

EDIT: Wait, I think I know the problem.. I just don't know where to find the 'Folder Options' window.

If you use windows 7'have you done this yet: HERE, if so, you're in the wrong folder. If you use windows 7, it has to be a fuzzy folder (not normal colour)

You're almost certainly editing the wrong preferences file. If you try to edit the one under Programs (Program Files in XP) you'll get this issue. You need instead to edit the one under your personal user's folder. The only other thing that could cause this is if you're trying to edit it while LDD is open (though I haven't checked).

Would there be any interest in a Windows tool to do this for people? I could probably knock something up reasonably easily.

That would be nice, but I think the most people that come here, have LU mode already.

If you use windows 7'have you done this yet: HERE, if so, you're in the wrong folder. If you use windows 7, it has to be a fuzzy folder (not normal colour)

That would be nice, but I think the most people that come here, have LU mode already.

Not really otherwise we wouldn't have this topic. An installer for LU would solve a lot of the problems in this thread-so long as the installer didn't generate any problems of its own.