Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

Hey guys sorry to bother;

I can't find the folder in appdata. I've enabled hidden folders and stuff but there's no Lego Company sub folder.

Do I have the wrong LDD? I have the one at this link: http://www.lego.com/eng/create/digitaldesigner/tracker.asp

~MC

Make sure you have Lego Digital Designer 3.1 or higher. Download it here. The modification will not work on older versions.

That's great news! :grin: I often make LEGO models on LDD, so now I can make even better trains.

Thanks for the information!

The worst thing about this is the lack of 'decoration' options for general parts. For example, the animals look very odd without eyes. :look:

Still, all the new things I can make!

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Absolutely awesome. I had missed out on Bojan's mod, when I got that the thread, the link was locked already.

From a quick browsing through, I found another two (probably) licensed parts: R2-D2's leg and Indy's whip.

Cant believe how many bricks i recognise from years and years ago. The long canopy used on all the space police 1,2 and Mtron etc i cant seem to find?

And will the models we make in this be able to be imported into lego universe once its released?

well there are actually some minor things I'm really missing from Bojan's Mod: all the molded minifig series parts! sure, we have the pompoms, but we've our lost caveman hair, clown hair, nurse hair, ray gun, short bar. the accessories are the kind of thing I'd like to experimentally throw in with a full assortment of parts. you can build some crazy stuff around that little ray gun.

@SpiderSpaceman

Those bricks are no longer in the db.lif file. Even if i'd make a new palette, those items (15 of them) wouldn't be there anymore. They include a pig, siringe, ray gun, 5 different minifig headgears, trumpet, a 3x4 tile with 4 studs in the middle in a line etc...

It's the bricks i was talking about in one of my previous posts.

Instead of those, there are some new items in there, for instance 2 train bases (short and long one), 2 panels, 2 tires, 2x2 modified plate with 1 stud in the middle, etc...

There's nothing to do... Actually there is, i could import the missing definitions from the old db.lif into the new one, but that would mean everyone would have to replace their db.lif, rebuilding the db.lif with every update and so on and in the end TLG wouldn't like it either. So those couple of items are replaced with some others. I wouldn't bother with that too much as it's not worth to go through all the trouble just to get a couple bricks more (from 1799 to 1814).

Items that weren't in the old db.lif (before the april patch):

new.jpg

Btw, for those that don't like the LU coloring mode... I'm usually designing in Creator mode and if i'm missing an item, i just switch (View/New Themes menu) to LU mode, pull out the bricks and switch back to Creator mode.

Even if i'd make a new palette, those items (15 of them) wouldn't be there anymore. They include a pig, siringe, ray gun, 5 different minifig headgears, trumpet, a 3x4 tile with 4 studs in the middle in a line etc...

Hmm...I wonder why these specific pieces were removed? Most of them seem to originate from the Collectible Minifigure series. It would be interesting to play around with them (albeit virtually) before they are officially released this summer.

Still, I relish the idea that these were still available at one point. (Too bad I discovered the hidden bricks thread too late.) Unfortunately, it's a likely possibility that these pieces will not be available in LDD for quite some time, if ever. :sceptic:

Also, Bojan, since the Universe mode is now available, is your new mod still in development? If it were not for the possible disagreement with TLG, I would still be very interested in obtaining the few extra new bricks you mentioned, even if it does require constant updating. A bigger inventory is always a better inventory! :wink:

@mr. lego_bildur

Well, the thing about the new bricks is that TLG removed them for some reason and i don't want to come against them just for these couple of bricks. It's not worth the time spent or consequences to do that...

About the mod. I'm not really sure if i should continue, since all i can do is create a palette with the same bricks that are in LU mode. The only difference is that my palette could have only available colors for each brick. But that requires quite some work. So in short, for now the mod is "frozen". If i find something really really really useful with it, i'll continue, but LU mode is basicly all that i wanted to firstplace.

Edited by Bojan Pavsic

Unfortunately, it's a likely possibility that these pieces will not be available in LDD for quite some time, if ever. :sceptic:

Why woudn't they ever show up? If they were there once, they could show up again. Just give it some time, my friend.

Anyway - this is how I see it: We got 1400+ bricks. And we got a solution that can be updated when Lego releases new bricks in the future. And we got a solution that Lego can stand by. A few missing minifig parts that areen't even sold yet we can live without, right :wink:

Yeah, it seems some people just aren't satisfied with what they get. I also wish for more elements, like pneumatics and suspension parts, and i think we will get them, if not sooner than later. Oh and like Bojan said, you just have to switch between views for more colors. Bye the way pressing ctrl + a and painting the whole model transparent looks awesome :D

Bye the way pressing ctrl + a and painting the whole model transparent looks awesome :D

Yeah - it looks crazy :tongue:

Fun tip!

But it's actually kind of neat - you get some kind of strange feeling about the structure of the model.

:laugh:Thank you, LEGO, for this amazing gift to your fans! :laugh:

Actually, I found the 2007 BIONICLE figure arm under the block with the antenna picture. When you first open it, there's coins inside, but when you scroll down a bit, you'll find a piece called "Arm W. Ø3 18 Hole" right in between the minifig power drill and the dual lightning piece. Screenshot

Speaking of drills, has anyone found either the Power Miners drill bit or the one from Rock Raiders? Curiously, the other Power Miners giant wheel/drill elements are available in LDD under the wheels category and the gears category.

Aside from the lack of some pieces and colors, I propose a toast to LEGO for sharing this vast treasure with us. :sweet: Perhaps a future update will fill in the gaps...who knows...

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. Here is a picture of what I did so far with this seemingly boundless new palette.

P.P.S. At the end of the TECHNIC connectors category, notice the name given to some of the BIONICLE elements: "Voodoo arm" and "Voodoo foot." :laugh:

I noticed about the BIONICLE part names; the same applies for the firesword ("Voodoo Flame") and the standard ball joint piece ("Voodoo Ball"). Remember that one of BIONICLE's earliest working titles was "Bone Heads of Voodoo Island", although it's still a surprise if the parts and figures were that far into their design before the name "BIONICLE" was adopted.

The sad thing is that I haven't yet found much to do with this. I'm sure I could make progress on some of my older concepts if I copy and paste them into LU mode, but I don't really have the patience yet. So far I've been goofing around with minifigs, hoping they'll inspire me for some crazy MOC.

Wow that's REALLY useful!

Now prototyping is possible at a much better level!

Thanks a lot. One of the very greatest topics on Eurobricks imo. :sweet:

-Perfectionist

I noticed about the BIONICLE part names; the same applies for the firesword ("Voodoo Flame") and the standard ball joint piece ("Voodoo Ball"). Remember that one of BIONICLE's earliest working titles was "Bone Heads of Voodoo Island", although it's still a surprise if the parts and figures were that far into their design before the name "BIONICLE" was adopted.

The sad thing is that I haven't yet found much to do with this. I'm sure I could make progress on some of my older concepts if I copy and paste them into LU mode, but I don't really have the patience yet. So far I've been goofing around with minifigs, hoping they'll inspire me for some crazy MOC.

Ah, that's where the weird names came from. Thanks for that info. :thumbup: By the way, here's a screenshot of all the BIONICLE pieces I found so far in LU mode, including BIONICLE minifig pieces. The unusual colors are just examples.

You can download the file with those pieces here. (Rename the file with an .lxf extension, then save it as "All Files".)

-Toa Of Justice

From a quick browsing through, I found another two (probably) licensed parts: R2-D2's leg and Indy's whip.

nah, the artoo leg has been in belleville dollhouse sets. there are some pieces they designed for license sets but decided might have uses in other sets, and avoided licensing the parts, all of R2D2 was original parts debuting in him (i think) but have been used everywhere since. even the baby dragon from harry potter isn't a licensed part, and shows up in that Kingdoms impulse set

Those bricks are no longer in the db.lif file. Even if i'd make a new palette, those items (15 of them) wouldn't be there anymore. They include a pig, siringe, ray gun, 5 different minifig headgears, trumpet, a 3x4 tile with 4 studs in the middle in a line etc...

It's the bricks i was talking about in one of my previous posts

Items that weren't in the old db.lif (before the april patch):

new.jpg

oh alright. I'd missed that post. Truthfully, I'd have been happy to trade them just for that telescope piece. :wink:

the two pieces I was surprised to not see in your mod, just due to how limitless and up to date it seemed, were that piece, and the new plume/flame. still waiting on the new flame

Yeah, it seems some people just aren't satisfied with what they get. I also wish for more elements, like pneumatics and suspension parts, and i think we will get them, if not sooner than later.

Oh I'm satisfied, and I understand that they didn't expect the parts to be publicly seen. If this is really linked to the lego universe part library, I know there'll be updates. But seeing the Minifigures head prints got me excited, and it's just a shame parts were withdrawn that I was having fun playing around with, especially when they have more uses now.

oh and I thought I saw the suspension parts... you talking about the old technic one that was in the wild west jailbreak set?

... I'm satisfied, and I understand that they didn't expect the parts to be publicly seen. If this is really linked to the lego universe part library, I know there'll be updates. ... and it's just a shame parts were withdrawn that I was having fun playing around with, especially when they have more uses now.

Well said. My thoughts exactly. I am very happy (and satisfied) that this is available to LDD users. I am not only satisfied on a personal level, but also glad for TLG since this will increase the productivity of LDD for virtual designing and I am glad for the fans, as many of whom have been wanting something like this for a while.

The reason I said it may take a while for any new pieces to be added, if ever, is due to the fact that updates seem to be on an annual schedule at its best. By the next expected update, LEGO Universe would be released to the public and focus would most likely be geared toward that end of the spectrum. I hope it is not the case, but since LU is just around the corner and there is no support provided, it gives me an uneasiness about the future of Universe mode in LDD.

Just my two cents. I know that others have different thoughts, which is great! This is a forum after all! :wink:

The reason I said it may take a while for any new pieces to be added, if ever, is due to the fact that updates seem to be on an annual schedule at its best. By the next expected update, LEGO Universe would be released to the public and focus would most likely be geared toward that end of the spectrum. I hope it is not the case, but since LU is just around the corner and there is no support provided, it gives me an uneasiness about the future of Universe mode in LDD.

well palette updates are a little more common than new +.1 versions. maybe twice a year? like when we had space factory and then hot rod factory? can't really remember.

there are about three things I want in LDD before I die :wink: : Hoses. glow-in-the-dark/light-switch mode. animation.

that's it :laugh:

none of those around for a long time, I promise you. I saw a video where lego universe is supposed to let you animate your models, but you know. This is a tool (probably should say a toy.. and nothing wrong with that :wub:), that's a game.

loving the second one! I've been avoiding black because now it's possible to build something substantial in another color, but to each his own. good on ya, especially for so soon.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

well palette updates are a little more common than new +.1 versions. maybe twice a year? like when we had space factory and then hot rod factory? can't really remember.

there are about three things I want in LDD before I die :wink: : Hoses. glow-in-the-dark/light-switch mode. animation.

that's it :laugh:

none of those around for a long time, I promise you. I saw a video where lego universe is supposed to let you animate your models, but you know. This is a tool (probably should say a toy.. and nothing wrong with that :wub:), that's a game.

loving the second one! I've been avoiding black because now it's possible to build something substantial in another color, but to each his own. good on ya, especially for so soon.

Yea i used to use black a lot. The mech was started in MLCad and imported, rebuilt and redesigned in LDD3 i just never changed the colour scheme. Might have to do something about that now with LU's easy to use paint tool :thumbup: