Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

There is no LDD folder, there is only a Lego Creations folder. When I type in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.in" it says "error, file was not found" Iturned hidden folders, disk and drives on but it still doesnt work.

Try using %appdata%\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini instead. That should locate the right file and is a lot less dependent upon things like operating system version, username, drive letters etc.

Um, yeah, so did you replace 'UserName' with 'Nicky' in the address? If you can't get that to work, just click through. Go to your hard drive © and click the icons as stated by the address. (C->Users->Nicky->AppData....)

I will attempt to do that. Thank you.

Edit: Solved!

Also, does LU mode include the part that connects the steering axle to the body of a bike? I can't seem to find it...

Edited by Paulski

I'm really glad it's possible to have almost every type of brick available in LDD, but there's one problem I have; I don't see any tool to change the color of the bricks..? I'm sorry if this was asked already, but I don't want to read through 19 pages of posts ;)

Use the Paint Bucket tool in the tool bar at the top.

Use the Paint Bucket tool in the tool bar at the top.

Doesn't work, I can only make the bricks white with it. But I found a way already, through the color filter option :)

Doesn't work, I can only make the bricks white with it. But I found a way already, through the color filter option :)

After you select the Paint Bucket Tool, underneath the main tool bar is a smaller one; click the white brick and you'll be presented with a pop-out list of basic colors. Hold the cursor over one of the basic colors for a couple seconds and more specific colors related to that basic color will appear in another pop-out list. Click any color to select it. The white brick in the small tool bar will change to the color you selected, and you can click on any brick in the model with the Paint Bucket Tool to change to the color you chose.

After you select the Paint Bucket Tool, underneath the main tool bar is a smaller one; click the white brick and you'll be presented with a pop-out list of basic colors. Hold the cursor over one of the basic colors for a couple seconds and more specific colors related to that basic color will appear in another pop-out list. Click any color to select it. The white brick in the small tool bar will change to the color you selected, and you can click on any brick in the model with the Paint Bucket Tool to change to the color you chose.

Aah, I see it now. Many thanks! :)

I'm new here and also work only for 1 week with LDD 4.3. I tried to convert the designer on Lego Universe as you've described it, unfortunately it does not work. I must say, until I tried the extended version, and then the Universe Variante.Ich would like to paint the figures according to my wishes, which is really important especially for Lego Star Wars. I hope you can give me some advice how I can do that, I have thought about deleting the new version and give it a try.

Edited by Superkalle
Removed quoted post

Not sure I understand the question. But please note that there is no LEGO Universe mode or anything like that anymore. Install the latest version of LDD, and you will have access to the two modes that exist now - LDD Mode and Extended Mode. To color the bricks any color you want, you need to chose Extended Mode.

Not sure I understand the question. But please note that there is no LEGO Universe mode or anything like that anymore. Install the latest version of LDD, and you will have access to the two modes that exist now - LDD Mode and Extended Mode. To color the bricks any color you want, you need to chose Extended Mode.

Aaaaaaah, I did not know, as I said, I use LDD only for a few days. So I have the extended mode. One question I have. If I dye a clone trooper helmet, he is completely in one color. Is there a way to color only certain parts differently, the visor, for example? Maybe with a different software or something?

Is there a way to color only certain parts differently, the visor, for example? Maybe with a different software or something?

Yes, but only for these (few) parts for which this thing has been provided for.

Hello, I tried this in version 4.3.10. Windows 8.1. But I don't see the option LU?

Edited by X-tern77

4 hours ago, X-tern77 said:

But I don't see the option LU?

LEGO Universe Mode don't exists anymore.

Please read the note written in large characters in the first page of this topic.

PS: as you can note you have resumed a very old topic, it was abandoned about five years ago. Be very careful when you post in old topics to avoid necroposting.

Edited by Calabar