Bonaparte

French Navy Xebec

French Navy Xebec:

Credits go to my friend Captain Green Hair because this ship is based on one of his works with a number of modifications (like extra hull section, thumblehome, rigging, bended yards, etc.).

xebec2.jpg

xebec1.jpg

xebec3.jpg

xebec4.jpg

xebec5.jpg

xebec6.jpg

xebec7.jpg

And a little reference picture:

aa.jpg

Simply stunning, love the rigging which is spot-on, another great addition to the French Navy. Viva la France.

CGH`s Telessel and this, it looks quite same. Anyway great work, looks absolutly stunning. When i looked the ship first time a thinked at you have stolen CGH`s Telessel, but when i readed the text

i knew at you havent done that, (Or have you after all stolen it? :pir-grin: ) but where is the steering wheel? Cant see it anywhere

Captain Becker

Outstanding MOC, just as we are used to from you. It indeedly made me think of CGH Xebec, but that is probably just because it is based upon the same ship, your additions are very nice.

Thanks for sharing!

blogged.png

Simply stunning, love the rigging which is spot-on, another great addition to the French Navy. Viva la France.

Thanks!

CGH`s Telessel and this, it looks quite same. Anyway great work, looks absolutly stunning. When i looked the ship first time a thinked at you have stolen CGH`s Telessel, but when i readed the text

i knew at you havent done that, (Or have you after all stolen it? :pir-grin: )

It was build with full approval of CGH and he even suggested some of the major changes I did to the ship.

but where is the steering wheel? Cant see it anywhere

Look closer Captain, or have you been drinking rum again?

The white circle shows the steering wheel (or maybe wheel is not the right term). The arrow points at the crew member steering the ship.

xebec8.jpg

It indeedly made me think of CGH Xebec, but that is probably just because it is based upon the same ship, your additions are very nice.

Fully based on the CGH ship. You can call this one Telesell version 2 :classic:

What an amazing ship you've got there Bonaparte! :pir-wub:

I love the hull's shape, it looks very exotic! The lateen sails are excellent too. As well for the details.

The curve in the yards is very well done and adds a lot to the whole rigging.

Perhaps some more colours here and there to spice it up a little, but certainly one of the best ships I've ever seen.

Great job on this beauty, and I'm eagerly awaiting your next project! :thumbup:

It's all beautiful! Especially the sails. It looks exactly like the model if not better.

I totally agree, just perfect! :thumbup:

Haha, Until I saw Greenhair in the Credits, I thought "...Dejavu?"! :pir_laugh2:

Very nice, I've got to make a nice Merchant ship one of these days! :thumbup:

The HMS Unicorn will gladly sink it, But It's not really a Naval vessel with 10 guns...Not worth the ammo. :pir-grin: No but all seriousness, Is it really going to be part of your Navy? As battle navy?

It looks like a updated version of CGH's! Very nice :thumbup: You nailed the sails perfect but for some reason it looks simple.

It might just be me.

Very nice B! :pir-classic: CGH's ship was outstanding, and you've improved on it to produce something truly stunning. It's nice to see a MOC with a tiller (working I assume?) as most MOCs on here make use of the LEGO helm piece. The rigging looks supurb, and the curve on the yards is perfect. Really gives the impression of wind in the sails.

How did you achieve the leaning effect on the mizzen mast?

Stunning ship mate, keep up the great work! :pir-sweet:

You've made a great new 'copy' of the Telesell :pir_laugh2: But there are indeed some beautiful new things in it.

I've compared the two xebecs, and indeed, the rigging and slightly curved yards make it look extra good.

Nice job! :thumbup: (and I also like the crew :pir-sweet: )

EDIT: I looked at some pictures and saw that a lot of xebec's also had lattice works on the deck just above the stern.

That may also be nice on this ship (just a suggestion)

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Wow, a truly beautiful Xebec! I love it it came out truly perfectly...I may be trying a Taneem rigged ship soon, and also, where did you get those hulls? never seen em with the black trim and brown before.

It's nice to see a xebec once in a while although to me they show how puny ships like brickbeards bounty would be in real life.

Another stunning ship! I like to see all these different types of ships. You keep churning out these lovely mocs. Great work all round, looks just like the real pic. Nice one!

What an amazing ship you've got there Bonaparte! :pir-wub:

I love the hull's shape, it looks very exotic! The lateen sails are excellent too. As well for the details.

The curve in the yards is very well done and adds a lot to the whole rigging.

Perhaps some more colours here and there to spice it up a little, but certainly one of the best ships I've ever seen.

Great job on this beauty, and I'm eagerly awaiting your next project! :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm also pleased wit the look of the curved yards. That was a little experiment which turned out well. It's not very LEGOish to do, but I don't care much about that.

It's all beautiful! Especially the sails. It looks exactly like the model if not better.
I totally agree, just perfect! :thumbup:
That us absolutely amazing! I love the sails!

Thank you.

The HMS Unicorn will gladly sink it, But It's not really a Naval vessel with 10 guns...Not worth the ammo. :pir-grin:

I doubt your HMS Unicorn will be able to catch a ship like this in a Mediterranean environment. Xebecs were used in the Mediterranean by French corsairs mainly for quick interception and getaway. The corsairs favored the xebec for its speed and maneuverability, and for its shallow draft which also aided in escaping larger vessels. These qualities were recognized by many of the European navies, and the vessel was quickly adopted into the Mediterranean squadrons as commerce-raiders and anti-piracy cruisers.

It looks like a updated version of CGH's! Very nice :thumbup: You nailed the sails perfect but for some reason it looks simple.

It might just be me.

If simple means lack of ornaments, then you are totally right. I went for a 'minimalist look' with limited color variations and little ornaments. This is a functional ship, not a parade ship.

Very nice B! :pir-classic: CGH's ship was outstanding, and you've improved on it to produce something truly stunning. It's nice to see a MOC with a tiller (working I assume?) as most MOCs on here make use of the LEGO helm piece. The rigging looks supurb, and the curve on the yards is perfect. Really gives the impression of wind in the sails.

How did you achieve the leaning effect on the mizzen mast?

Stunning ship mate, keep up the great work! :pir-sweet:

Thanks Captain!

You've made a great new 'copy' of the Telesell :pir_laugh2: But there are indeed some beautiful new things in it.

I've compared the two xebecs, and indeed, the rigging and slightly curved yards make it look extra good.

Nice job! :thumbup: (and I also like the crew :pir-sweet: )

Thanks Admiral. The crew has is from my Orient which was destroyed in action a some time ago. The captain did get a new hair piece :pir-classic:

Wow, a truly beautiful Xebec! I love it it came out truly perfectly...I may be trying a Taneem rigged ship soon, and also, where did you get those hulls? never seen em with the black trim and brown before.

I've switch parts of 2 hull types to make this black and brown combination. It's not easy to do, but possible.

It's nice to see a xebec once in a while although to me they show how puny ships like brickbeards bounty would be in real life.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I get your comment related with the BB bounty.

Another stunning ship! I like to see all these different types of ships. You keep churning out these lovely mocs. Great work all round, looks just like the real pic. Nice one!

Thanks Derfel! Coming from a master builder like yourself that means a lot.

What a beautiful sailling ship 'Bonaparte' and it does look fast too ! :pir-laugh:

Love the sails and rigging - beautiful it really adds that bling to a Lego ship !

AWESOME work and I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

I doubt your HMS Unicorn will be able to catch a ship like this in a Mediterranean environment. Xebecs were used in the Mediterranean by French corsairs mainly for quick interception and getaway. The corsairs favored the xebec for its speed and maneuverability, and for its shallow draft which also aided in escaping larger vessels. These qualities were recognized by many of the European navies, and the vessel was quickly adopted into the Mediterranean squadrons as commerce-raiders and anti-piracy cruisers.

Oh, Mediterranean Fleet. I thought you were going to have them in the Atlantic/Channel Fleet. They would be destroyed by the waves! :pir_laugh2:

The sails are just perfect, not to mention the obliquity of the masts. (What I noticed now. :wacko: )

again: Great :thumbup:

Edited by Skalldyr

WOW! This is fantastic. So realistically depicted that it lacks the words to describe it. Great, great MOC.

This is a pretty sweet ship B. :thumbup:

Is there anyway you could make the bottom of the stern thingy look smother? It looks a little to bricky.