EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I finally got to see Narnia. My wife bought it for me for my birthday and I must say it is a good movie. It doesn't follow the book as well as I would have thought and in places it is more grand and where my imagination had failed it dutifully picked up the slack. The pacing is somewhat slow but it should be for this type of adventure story. The first half is explaination and exploration. It is only the second half that really get faster which is good because it climaxes well this way. It never dragged though which I find a bonus.

The visuals were great. The animated characters were well done and just off enough to help me believe these are not normal animals but unique. Working on Shrek gave the director a huge help as he could pull off the different animals very well. Much more so than the awful beavers in the British from the 90's, which I don't care what anyone says they were awful. Most of the switch overs between CG and real were seemless but a few noticable ones are there. The background and scenery is wonderful. I give it an all around thumbs up for the visuals.

I don't see what all the whining I have read was about though. Many people complained that the Christianity was overpowering and everywhere in the movie and that this felt like another LotR movie or a wannabe LotR. Firstly, I am a Christian so perhaps I am biased but this movie had so little in the way of "preaching" in it that I just couldn't see it. It has many values in it but so does every movie about knights or space. Valor, honesty, self sacrifice vs treachery, deciet and greed are staples in nearly every movie I have ever seen. Concerning LotR, I consider myself somewhat a buff concerning this. I have read the books numerous times (including the Hobbit and Silmarillion), seen the extended versions of the movie at least a dozen times each and even at times debated the material. Narnia is nothing like LotR. The only simulairties are the good vs evil theme and the large battle (which is not like any battle in LotR). If you haven't seen it for these reasons, go see it and ignore what people have said. It is a good story that is a better mix of fantasy than most you will find.

I give Narnia a definite thumbs up and if I had any complaint it is like all movies from books in that they took out or changed much of the original.

One of the worst movie ever !! Basic Instinct 2.

I didn't like the fisrt one, and the second installment is just horrible !! At least I was expecting some fun sleazy sex scenes, but noooo. Basically this movie is empty !! At the end one could ask who did it ?? Me ?? No way, I really don't care !!

*yoda*

Well, last movie I watched was 16 blocks.

Yesterday.

I also saw the beggining of Jarhead, but when they were getting too nudie nudie, touchy touchy, I stopped viewing.

I've seen Ice Age 2 yesterday!!! This movie is again just soo cute *wub* ! And as funny as the first one (at some parts more funny than the first one)... AND, Scrat has a bigger role than in the 1st movie!!!

The mask of Zorro was quite a good film. I enjoyed it the two times I've seen it.

I saw Harry Potter 4 most recently. Much better than I expected, but it doesn't match HP3.

I just saw Ice Age 2 yesterday night. I really liked the movie (as much as the fisrt one) !!

And that poor Scrat X-D :-P Oh boy, he nearly made it to Acorn heaven :-P Poor chap ;-) Maybe in the third instalment !!

*yoda*

I just saw Ice Age 2 yesterday night. I really liked the movie (as much as the fisrt one) !!
And that poor Scrat X-D :-P Oh boy, he nearly made it to Acorn heaven :-P Poor chap ;-) Maybe in the third instalment !!

*yoda*

Why do you write things the people who want to watch the movie may not want to know? 8-| Well, I have seen it, so I think it is ok to read this, but people who want to watch the film, know one important thing before they see it.

I was really lucky to hear/read nothing before.

Okay, here is the deal: If you want to post something containing spoilers, please do it like that:

[ quote= SPOILER WARNING!!! ] [ color=#FFFFFF ] Your spoiled text [ /color ] [ /quote ]

If you put it down correctly (without the spaces!) the result will look like this:

Your spoiled text

Now people can mark the spoiler and read it or let it be, just like they wish!

Tks to whoever (cough Apo cough) edited my post *insert furious smiley here !!* :-P

Without Spoilers that thread is boring like hell >:-)

*yoda*

I watched King Kong yesterday. A brilliant film. The perfect balance of action and emotion. Peter Jackson has managed to take the same human essence from the Lord of the Rings films and applied it here. All the actors fit the roles perfectly. Especially Andy Serkis as Kong, you forget it's computer generated, the emotion displayed is so real. If you haven't seen this already, buy it now! It was the best film i saw last year and I think it will stay a firm favourite of mine.

I saw two this week:

Scarface (2nd time ;-) )

And some crappy Steven Seagal movie called "Mercenary for justice" (I didn't feel like a movie that requires you to think while watching...)

I saw the remake of Fog yesterday and it is a bad, bad and boring movie !! Don't run from the fog but from the theaters showing it !!

When will they learn that remakes are fantastic and classic movies should be banned !! Oh I can't wait for the remake of the Omen !!

Btw, I shall move this thread to Culture & Multemedia ;-)

*yoda*

Alien Autopsy. The next big British comedy? Not quite. It was a good film, nice to see Ant and Dec doing something new, but it didnt quite have the real comedy factor it needed.

Jon.

How funny, a pinned topic started by a now banned member :-D

Anyway, last movie I saw was The Big Lebowski.

Saw a good French movie last night called "Les Brigades du Tigre" (the Tiger's brigades) !!

Historically it was very good: the Mobile's Brigade were created in 1907 by Georges Clemenceau known as the "Tiger". They represented the first scientific police with the most advenced technology of the era !!

However the story was way too complicated, therefore not very convincing !! But it was pretty entertaining !!

*yoda*

i saw elektra the other day. not to bad film. better than daredevil anyway.

I just watched X-men for the first time ever. *sweet* An awesome movie!

Though, I actually rented X-men 1.5, but didn't realize it had to be switched to a different setting to watch the special version, so I watched the reguler version instead. *wacko*

[sarcasm] Darn, now I have to watch it all over again just to see the special parts. >:-( [/sarcasm]

:-P

i'm watching rambo 3 on tv. it's hilarious! one guy taking out helicopters whilst driving a tank, shooting at it with a classic shotgun :-P :-P :-P ah... dreadful film, but had a good laugh...

This afternoon I sat there with my daughter & did Hairspray, followed by Pretty in Pink (all except the last 5 minutes, as thats missing of the video) & then has to ask the wife how it ended.

I really should get a life.

Jof

Watched Flightplan and the Perfect Catch earlier, thought flightplan was ok but just couldnt believe that know one would remeber seeing jodie foster with her child.

The perfect catch was ok but mainly a chick film, damn ive gotta stop letting my woman talk me into watching those films.

Oh and Ghostbusters 2 is on as i write this, its ok but nowhere near as good as the first one.