Whoa, that's a lot of work Jurgen put into this - thanks for making these instructions!

It may take a long time, but I'll surely look into building the Little Devil someday :grin:

It's pretty common for Brickstore to choke on some of the parts. Mostly there are parts which are unofficial, synthesized, or have different part numbers on Bricklink and in LDraw.

I've made some updates to the MPD file to use the newer light and dark blue colors, and this is what you get from a Parts List export from LDView. You can see that the synthesized parts are wrong, but the rest of it is pretty good. I use this as a guide when I import into Brickstore so I can tell what the discrepant parts are supposed to be. Here is how my Brickstore file came out when I corrected it (in PDF form).

For anyone who actually wants to order the parts for this model, I've posted the actual Brickstore file. You can use this file to upload directly to a Bricklink wanted list. I do it regularly and it works great.

for the brickstore file. bricklink says it is invalid. i just wanted to know if it is working for any one else. also, why do i need 2 remotes like it says in the instructions?there id only one reciever.

for the brickstore file. bricklink says it is invalid. i just wanted to know if it is working for any one else. also, why do i need 2 remotes like it says in the instructions?there id only one reciever.

You can't import the Brickstore file directly into Bricklink. Go into the Brickstore application and choose "File - Export - Bricklink Wanted List XML to Clipboard. This will put the whole thing in your clipboard in the right format and it will run your browser with a Bricklink wanted list open. Make sure you are logged in, then just hit "paste" to put in the whole list. You will get a confirmation screen to confirm it is all right.

One word of caution. If you have prices in your Brickstore file for the parts, these prices will be input as maximums on your Bricklink wanted list. This means that any parts which cost more than this won't show up. If you are willing to pay more than "average" (which is the default), make sure to set your Brickstore prices higher before you export. I just set mine to maximum and then am vigilant with the prices when I actually order the parts.

Reading this I first connected it to James Deans car and got so glad!!

A Porsche 55 Spyder was my first thought. Quickly remembered it was called "Little Bastard" though.

post-114-1266569155.jpg

Your "Little Devil" is however a very great build. Looks very very good to be a technique car.

Maybe one of the best I have seen.

Most certainly I'll build this car, and probably in a couple of different colours.

The amount of work that the instructions took.... :oh3:

These kind of MOC's inspire me...

Looking forward to seeing your next creation

Great job Jurgen!

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but if you use the latest version of LPub (4.0.0.X) you will be able to build a pdf instruction booklet. It uses LDview or LDGlite for rendering so the renders aren't as spectacular, but more than adequate for instructions.

Very nice! I love it!

Anyone know if it's possible to make it using black parts? Probably not ?

I think not all the used panels are available in black. I wish they would exist, they would be very usefull.

is there a remote control that you use. i didn't see one in the indstructions

I used the standard PF remote controller, the one that came with the Bulldozer 8275. You could of course also use the remote controller with speed/control.

About the parts not being recognized by LDraw: I uses some parts from the Crane Truck which weren't available in the normal LDraw-Library (yet). I used the Parts-tracker page on LDraw.org to download some unofficial parts to complete the instructions. You can find parts in the psrts-=tracker easily if you know the name/number of the DAT-file.

I've never used Brickstore, so I don't know anything about that....

I think not all the used panels are available in black. I wish they would exist, they would be very usefull.

I used the standard PF remote controller, the one that came with the Bulldozer 8275. You could of course also use the remote controller with speed/control.

About the parts not being recognized by LDraw: I uses some parts from the Crane Truck which weren't available in the normal LDraw-Library (yet). I used the Parts-tracker page on LDraw.org to download some unofficial parts to complete the instructions. You can find parts in the psrts-=tracker easily if you know the name/number of the DAT-file.

I've never used Brickstore, so I don't know anything about that....

i have a question about page 35 of the instructions booklet. what part number is those tubes?

i have a question about page 35 of the instructions booklet. what part number is those tubes?

I don't know any part number, but you are referring to a 7mm ribbed hose with length 11. On Bricklink they call it 78c11

Hmmm, when I put PDF files on Brickshelf I just upload them the same as any other file. I have never had a problem. The biggest file I have uploaded is 65 Mb.

I have looked through your instructions and they are very, very well done. Kudos again on your work.

By the way, I couldn't resist....

little_devil_1.jpg

little_devil_2.jpg

Looks very nice Blakbird. If you want, you can put my e-mail adress (jurgenstechniccorner@hotmail.com) in the description of the Brickshelf folder. So when people want to ask questions, they can contact me.

And about uploading a PDF to my brickshelf page: I've tried about a dozen times, but the PDF's just don't show up in my folder after uploading, wierd....

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

And about uploading a PDF to my brickshelf page: I've tried about a dozen times, but the PDF's just don't show up in my folder after uploading, wierd....

I noticed the same thing when I tried again yesterday. Brickshelf does not appear to be accepting PDF files any more, although the old PDF files are still there. Weird.

I noticed the same thing when I tried again yesterday. Brickshelf does not appear to be accepting PDF files any more, although the old PDF files are still there. Weird.

I have sent them an email with the direct question if it is possible to upload a PDF. I sent one of my PDF's of teh instructions as attachment, so they know what I want to upload. Waiting for the answer....

It's pretty common for Brickstore to choke on some of the parts. Mostly there are parts which are unofficial, synthesized, or have different part numbers on Bricklink and in LDraw.

I've made some updates to the MPD file to use the newer light and dark blue colors, and this is what you get from a Parts List export from LDView. You can see that the synthesized parts are wrong, but the rest of it is pretty good. I use this as a guide when I import into Brickstore so I can tell what the discrepant parts are supposed to be. Here is how my Brickstore file came out when I corrected it (in PDF form).

For anyone who actually wants to order the parts for this model, I've posted the actual Brickstore file. You can use this file to upload directly to a Bricklink wanted list. I do it regularly and it works great.

permission problem to download the .bsx file?

permission problem to download the .bsx file?

Apparently Brickshelf deleted the file.

I will be posting them on brickshelf. If you want me two, i will post them here. Your instructions were amazing. I only found a couple instructions pages wrong. My camera is broke so i will use my friends when i see her in a week or so. I wish you would make instructions for all your mocs. but i can wish. :cry_happy:

I will be posting them on brickshelf. If you want me two, i will post them here. Your instructions were amazing. I only found a couple instructions pages wrong. My camera is broke so i will use my friends when i see her in a week or so. I wish you would make instructions for all your mocs. but i can wish. :cry_happy:

There's no need to hurry :-) I would apreciate it if you could post one (or some) here with a link to your brickshelf-folder. This will make it easy for all of us to find them. Thank you !!

With each MOC I make I consider making instructions. But do to the amount of work & time it takes, I can't promiss to make instructions for everything I make. But I will definately make instructions for some of the thing I (will) make.

And could you let me know about the errors you found so I can correct them ?

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

And could you let me know about the errors you found so I can correct them ?

I' don't speak and write very well in english.

Thank you for your wonderful job. I have finished to build the little devil.

It's a great great RC car!!!

for the instructions's errors, here are some that I have seen (only to help you to make your instruction better):

part 2, pages 24-25: there is no instructions for the yellow pieces

part 1, page 41 N°2: wrong pieces "description"

part 2, page 39 N° 2 and 3 : mix of pieces "description"

part 3, page 6 N° 2: I have changeg one axle 4 for a axle (red) 2, because otherwise I couldn't fix this pieces in the car

part 3, page 43: I have removed and change 4 pieces to adjust the 2 soft axle 19 otherwise this axles are too big (perhaps my mystake)

there are some other mix of pieces description, but I don't remember where..

Thank you for this very nice car!!

Edited by mixtil

@ Jurgen Krooshoop: I too have built your "Little Devil", and it's a great Technic model. :thumbup:

In regards to mixtil's observations about the Building Instructions, I have these comments:

"part 2, pages 24-25: there is no instructions for the yellow pieces" -- These are the two yellow Technic 1 x 3 Liftarms on the front nose of the car. No big deal.

"part 1, page 41 N°2: wrong pieces 'description'" -- I don't see any error in the quantities or identification of the parts shown in the Number 2 box. Mixtil, what do you mean when you say that there are "wrong pieces"?

"part 2, page 39 N° 2 and 3 : mix of pieces 'description'" -- I believe that mixtil is talking about the lack of instructions to make the second, "mirror image" of the wheel kingpin assemblies.

"part 3, page 6 N° 2: I have changed one axle 4 for a axle (red) 2, because otherwise I couldn't fix this pieces in the car" -- I used two 4L axles with no problems. I don't know why mixtil had to use one 2L red Technic Axle instead.

"part 3, page 43: I have removed and change 4 pieces to adjust the 2 soft axle 19 otherwise this axles are too big (perhaps my mistake)" -- Yes, I too had this problem. If one inserts both ends of these four Soft Axles into their "sockets", the entire rear bumper assembly is pushed off the back end of the car. I just left one end of each Soft Axle unattached -- it still looks OK. There aren't any substitute Soft Axles of a different length. I suppose one could SUPERGLUE the Soft Axles or the rear bumper assembly *oh2* , but the "Lego purists" out there wouldn't like that.... :hmpf_bad:

I know how time-consuming it is to produce instructions. Jurgen's Technic Corner has a lot of neat stuff to build! :thumbup:

@ Jurgen Krooshoop: I too have built your "Little Devil", and it's a great Technic model. :thumbup:

In regards to mixtil's observations about the Building Instructions, I have these comments:

"part 2, pages 24-25: there is no instructions for the yellow pieces" -- These are the two yellow Technic 1 x 3 Liftarms on the front nose of the car. No big deal.

"part 1, page 41 N°2: wrong pieces 'description'" -- I don't see any error in the quantities or identification of the parts shown in the Number 2 box. Mixtil, what do you mean when you say that there are "wrong pieces"?

"part 2, page 39 N° 2 and 3 : mix of pieces 'description'" -- I believe that mixtil is talking about the lack of instructions to make the second, "mirror image" of the wheel kingpin assemblies.

"part 3, page 6 N° 2: I have changed one axle 4 for a axle (red) 2, because otherwise I couldn't fix this pieces in the car" -- I used two 4L axles with no problems. I don't know why mixtil had to use one 2L red Technic Axle instead.

"part 3, page 43: I have removed and change 4 pieces to adjust the 2 soft axle 19 otherwise this axles are too big (perhaps my mistake)" -- Yes, I too had this problem. If one inserts both ends of these four Soft Axles into their "sockets", the entire rear bumper assembly is pushed off the back end of the car. I just left one end of each Soft Axle unattached -- it still looks OK. There aren't any substitute Soft Axles of a different length. I suppose one could SUPERGLUE the Soft Axles or the rear bumper assembly *oh2* , but the "Lego purists" out there wouldn't like that.... :hmpf_bad:

I know how time-consuming it is to produce instructions. Jurgen's Technic Corner has a lot of neat stuff to build! :thumbup:

What I have tried to say with "wrong piece description" is that the pieces that you need for this step are not the same that the piece shown in description...I don't know how to explain well

and for mix of pieces description, in the picture(board) which shows the necessary parts, the parts for every step do not correspond exactly with the step shown..

I can explain in french if someone can translate..:-)

@ Mixtil & DLuders:

First of all: thank you for your feedback about my instructions, it's being appreciated.

As for the errors:

"part 2, pages 24-25: there is no instructions for the yellow pieces": The instructions for the "fake"-shockabsorbers is missing, it's not about the yellow 1x3 liftarms (sorry, DLuders...)

I'll include the sub-instructions ASAP.

"part 1, page 41 N°2: wrong pieces 'description'" The parts-list image is wrong. I'll correct it.

"part 2, page 39 N° 2 and 3 : mix of pieces 'description'" The parts-list images of steps 2 and 3 are reversed. I'll correct it.

"part 3, page 6 N° 2: This depends on which u-joints you use. I use 3L u-joints. If you use 4L U-joints, you'll need to replace the middle 4L-axle by a 2L axle. If you use new 3L U-joints, you need the 4L axle. (2 x 4 + 2 = 10, 2 x 3 + 4 = 10).

"part 3, page 6 N° 2: I have changed one axle 4 for a axle (red) 2, because otherwise I couldn't fix this pieces in the car": This is the only one I don't know: you're propably right, but I'd need the model here to check it (and it has been disassembled lont time ago).

I'll correct these mistakes ASAP and post the new instructions on my website Jurgens Tewchnic Corner and I'll make a note of it in this thread.