sonicstarlight

MOC: My first modular building

A great build, while I am not much of a fan of the modular buildings-lineup, I always admire the amount of detail in the sets, and your MOC is as detail-packed as any of them.

I also love how you managed to keep details from MMV (like the rooster) but also put in new things (like the much-loved jukebox and table football, which, I`d guess, could also be adapted as a snooker table). And that pub sure looks like a nice place to be! :grin:

Wow! This topic exploded in the last day. Thank you for all your comments :grin:

Huge thank you to 'Svelte' for putting this on the frontpage and to 'Rick' for posting this on Classic-Town.net!

I wish you would upload instructions on how to make the foosball table and jukebox.

I would be more than willing if I had a good way to make some instructions. It looks like LDraw let's you make some good looking ones, but I can't say I have ever used the program. I'll see if I can come up with something clever.

It was a well-deserved frontpage! :thumbup:

I love the design and the colours. The ground floor especially shows how beautiful medium blue with the right complements - red-brown and a glint of gold. The Wurlitzer is amazing and I'll definitely build my own version - a simple build but just perfect and could easily appear in an 'official' modular set. Indeed, the whole building is inspirational and with just the right proportions and level of detail.

Great work! Definitely one of my favourite modular creations!

Thats one stunning Modular house! :oh::wub:

Im really breathless! :laugh:

Seriously, that is one cool MOC. I like the little DukeBox and the Foosball table, both are very cool! :thumbup:

Very well done with this MOC! Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future!

CommanderFox

I really love the interior of the bar area.

And I really love that jukebox and foosball table. :wub:

Really well done. :thumbup::classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

I realy love this MOC. Great job. This one building that would look nice in my own town í am recently begon to build. I have four of the houses from Lego and looking for other buildings.

Thanks for the pictures from the inside, they look incredibly detailed.

In the near future i would like to build it myself (if you don't mind). If i have any trouble could i ask for you help?

Thanks

Wow, I was surprised to see this back on the first page (and with over 4000 views :blush: )

In the near future i would like to build it myself (if you don't mind). If i have any trouble could i ask for you help?

Thanks

Of course. I don't have anything diagrammed out, nor do a have a virtual model, but I still have it assembled and can take pictures or something if that's helpful. Just PM me if you have any questions rather then bump this thread.

Wow, this topic is back from the dead again. :oh:

How many did you buy Medievel Villege set for your MOC building?

I actually answered this on the first page :tongue: - just one MMV plus one Family House and a ton of extra tan bricks (among other things) from Bricklink. I actually want to pick up a second one while I still can just for parts.

I'm currently very early in the process of turning Diagon Ally into a modulars, but after that I might see if I can't make a digital model of this in some program (not LDD). Maybe even try my hand at making instructions. Big maybe, but if I do feel so inclined I will start with this model.

Wow, this topic is back from the dead again. default_oh.gif

Nevertheless sometimes it's good to dig up beautiful MOCs! default_thumbup.gif

(Ouch - it has been on the frontpage and I missed it?! default_blush.gif )

I love the way you integrated a pub in a normal house. The interior is splendid (jukebox - foosball table (this is the first time ever I heard of that word)!!! :wub:) and the color choice fantastic. It makes me think about buying another MMV to design another modular house as well. Thank you for the inspiration.

The only thing I don't like is the first floor. On the outside you simply repeated the windows and decor above each other. Too boring if you aks me. But that's just criticism on high level.

that's a great moc! love the jukebox!

I have not seen this before, and don't mind the topic being resurrected.

I'd like to try and make something similar some day.

Edited by Soulgem

Wow, For a first build, that looks really good! I love the 1st floor bar, especially the jukebox. Very impressive work. I look forward to you next masterpiece :classic:

Please! If you ever learn how to use the LDraw, do the whole thing! I will buy your instructions for sure!

This is really great! We just started building the pet shop and I'm going down to the lego store to get the fire brigade tomorrow. Since we already have the MMV just because we thought it was cute, it will be great to recycle that kit into a modular for our new city!

That's a great MOD Modular building. It really goes together well with the other modulars, and doesn't look out of place. Keep up the good work.

Very nice. :classic: I'm also building a pub in tan and a house in light and dark bleu, also inspired on the 10193 (i've used 3). Still got the feeling somethings missing. :wacko:

Cheers Pagan

This is truly amazing - I love how you've still kept hold of the essence and feeling of MMV. The interior details are great too! Brilliant job :thumbup:

This is great! The front façade is great, especially the balcony.

I'm really tempted to try something similar.

I particularly like the table football, instantly recognisable and something I hadn't seen done before.

(sorry for the necro post)