On a scale of 1 to 5  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

I've never seen a Lego set with a stretched limo. It's nice and a kool set but something that annoys me about these Lego cars and vehicles is that they are thin with a single row of seating. It's weird. A car with a seat and steering wheel in the middle. Me and my niece made the Lego set with SpongeBob that you build the bikini bottom bus and it is the same way. They should make these vehicles wider. I did notice that in my Indiana Jones chase set with the Roles Royce and the black old Mafia truck car vehicle, Lego created a carriage piece that has 2 seats side by side built in. That was nice. They are nice cars in that set.

Hmm, not so sure about that, maybe they're testing the market in Australia to get an idea of production numbers when it gets released worldwide.

Its also available in supermarkets but not toy shops in Ireland, strangely enough.

Thanks for the snappy review d00dz. We bought this set yesterday. It must be a mistake that it was released here before anywhere else. This set is a very nice addition to the airport theme Lego have got going this year. :sweet:

No it seems that the new year releases happen in Australia first. This is the second year in a row that the Australian catalogue released through the lego club has been the first offical sightings, and our releases have been earlier than most of the rest of the world.

I don't think Australia is being used as a test market, we're probably way to small to give any reliable figures for larger markets such as the US or Germany. My guess is since we are not seen as an important market to TLG, over Xmas they are happy for our retailers to have product shortages while they concentrate on keeping the bigger markets stocked. I've heard it mentioned they even relocated their warehouse over Xmas this year in Australia. Since they have to restock our retailers anyway early in the new year, we get the first lot of new stock, giving a little time for the rest of the world to sell any remaining Xmas stock. All speculation, but I think it fits the known facts.

I'm still drooling at the pics of this set. I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I definately want it.

I bought this set today although I'm not overly fussed about the helicopter, just something about it I guess. It's a great step forward TLG has made non-emergency sets and I applaud them for that. The limo is a little narrow, maybe even a touch too long, but at least its a good start to alternative sets.

Bought the set today at 15% off. I really like both the limo and the helicopter. So much so, that I think I will get another set for my city. Made one mod, replaced the axles with these 4600.gif so the wheels don't stick out.

I bought this Item on EBAY because wasnt available in U.S. I didnt really like the helicopter so I turned it into a private plane here is a pic

post-10249-1271135614.jpg

I bought this Item on EBAY because wasnt available in U.S. I didnt really like the helicopter so I turned it into a private plane here is a pic

post-10249-1271135614.jpg

Nice plane! Its really nice. :thumbup:

I bought this set direct from Lego S@H, and pretty much everything about it is awesome. I couldn't stop playing with the helicopter! The limo is also a great vehicle - in fact it was one of the inspirations for Bryknii.

Great review for an excellent set! I own two of this set because they are so good and I couldn't resist picking up a second copy of it for 33% off. Both the helicopter and limo in this set are realistic looking and well designed :laugh:

Very well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~

Great review! I really like this set. Unfortunately I am old school when it comes to my airlines. I do not own any of the newer large airplanes :sad: I bought a couple of these for the limo only. Not sure what I'm going to do with the the bird. Also, thoughts of the nose piece of the aircraft? I'm not a fan of that piece in particular. Looks kinda weird I think.

Edited by Leg Godt Gud