6277 Imperial Trading Post  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

Thank you for the review. May I suggest that you in the future use the function "Macro" when you take pictures close up? And in bright light so you don't have to use a flash.

Yeah, I noticed it today myself that the wrong mode was switched on. But I did my best and I think there are some good photos in my review.

Yeah, I noticed it today myself that the wrong mode was switched on. But I did my best and I think there are some good photos in my review.

Of course, there are many great photos :) I just felt the need to tell you about the "macro" in case you didn't know of it :)

Thanks again for the review

Just a quick question on this: is $163 reasonable for this set, complete without box? Or should I wait for a better deal?

I got a used one off ebay for $100 + $15 shipping about a year ago. It was missing 2-3 small pieces...nothing major. Prices have probably gone up but I'm sure you could find one WAY cheaper than $163.

Awesome review!

I'll add it to the index. This is certainly one of the best Pirate sets ever. :pir-classic:

Very good review. This is one that I dreamed of having as a child, along with Skull's Eye Schooner. That merchant ship is like the coolest thing ever!

Anyway, I paid 200+ for one of these, complete, with a box. I might have gotten hosed by that bidding war, but I just couldn't resist it! I figured perhaps the rare figure (his head is rare too, not just his torso..) and box added to the price and demand, I dunno'...

Speaking of those old boxes, are they awesome or what! They have that flip-up panel to show of the special parts and figures, features, and even a short narrative!

Why do the boxes these days suck so much? They don't have that panel for the large sets, and the pieces are just loose in the box... :pir-hmpf_bad:

Good rewier mate, oh wait... if you look at right at the imperial soliders, i wonder how my singature fig has get oer these :pir-oh3: i am at the last if you looks to left to right :pir-grin:

Anyway good rewier mate

Captain Becker

good review. Just bought one of these off ebay so i cant wait for it to arrive ! Got a complete one with box for £70 including postage ! thought that was a bit of a bargain !

good review. Just bought one of these off ebay so i cant wait for it to arrive ! Got a complete one with box for £70 including postage ! thought that was a bit of a bargain !

Don't hurry with the celebrations..:) All depends on what is the condition of the set. I am also waiting for this one to arrive and when I see it myself- then I can decide if it's a bit of bargain or not..Several times got some sets, described as "excellent" and were absolutely awful..

Don't hurry with the celebrations..:) All depends on what is the condition of the set. I am also waiting for this one to arrive and when I see it myself- then I can decide if it's a bit of bargain or not..Several times got some sets, described as "excellent" and were absolutely awful..

yeah its always a bit of a risk with ebay but not many other ways of getting hold of the sets ! From the photos it looks in decent condition.

Thanks for you guys liking my review!

I apologize that there are some really bad pics. My next review will have better ones, I promise! :pir_laugh2:

Congratulate me on my promotion: I'm citizen now! :D

funkybrick

Edited by funkybrick

Congratulations on the new rank! :pir-classic:

(Does some kind of "rank-list" exist? I wonder how much ranks there is. :pir_laugh2: )

yeah im abit unsure as to what all the ranks mean.

Why do the boxes these days suck so much? They don't have that panel for the large sets, and the pieces are just loose in the box... pirate_hmpfbad.gif

If you mean an answer on this... I'm not really sure, but it is probably way cheaper to just throw instructions and bricks in a carton box. (It happened a few times that my instructions looked like they were fighting with M. Jordan) :pir-hmpf_bad:

Same happened with the baseplates, i mean, take a look at the new Soldier's Fort - you don't get a blue baseplate, you get a few blue plates. :pir-hmpf_bad:

This is definately the best pirate set I have ever seen. I got a craving for this set a few days ago, remembering it from my childhood, and this fine review only made me crave it more.

If you mean an answer on this... I'm not really sure, but it is probably way cheaper to just throw instructions and bricks in a carton box. (It happened a few times that my instructions looked like they were fighting with M. Jordan) :pir-hmpf_bad:

Same happened with the baseplates, i mean, take a look at the new Soldier's Fort - you don't get a blue baseplate, you get a few blue plates. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Hah, that is always good to have that one answered, and I am thinking you are probably right. I mean, the old boxes were practically works of art themselves! I loved flipping them up in the stores when I was little, dreaming of sets I could never have! :pir_bawling: Until much, much later, of course. :pir-tongue:

Well, you can always buy baseplates (I REALLY needs some blue ones), but it's not really the same, eh? It would have been nice to have on with Loot Island, as well, I thought...

I was talking about what I paid for my Trading Post, heh.

What a great review! I have never owned any boxed Lego (until I bought some of the new sets), so I find it very interesting to see, how much more effort went into designing them then. Nowadays it just seems like they say 'here are the bricks and a box to stick 'em in' and that's it.

The Imperial Trading Post is my favourite Pirate Set and the first Pirate set I ever built. It really evokes a sense of great adventure. I just love it!

:jollyroger:

Oh goody, a Jolly Roger!

I always used to go to Bricklink and just stare at the picture to discover the fathomless secrets it holds within it's depths...

*Cough* yes, good review.

thanks for the review, that is one of my favourite set of lego pirate!

i have it without the box, but now trying to find it with it.

I looked on ebay for example, and there is a big difference between the prices.

It really is a great set, and if you don't mind mixing blue & red coats, it's just perfect alongside Eldorado Fortress!

I got very lucky and find it complete (but without box et instructions though) with Sabre Island and a few more Blue Coats for 25€ (~30$) on a popular adds site in France (where usually the prices are set according to Ebay :pir-sceptic: ).

The set was VERY dusty, but after a good cleaning (with an electric toothbrush) it looked like new! Actually I think it had never been played with, and the dust must have protected bricks and minifigs from scratches. In one of the chest I've even found the 2 other white plumes as extra parts :).

It's probably my favorite among all other pirate sets. IMHO, the only con is here :

img0201fo.jpg

If you look at it, the bottom ladder leads to a closed space, making it "impossible" to reach the top (okay, they can slip through the window :pir-tongue: ), but it's really the only design flaw I can find.

Edited by Boomchil

thanks for the review, that is one of my favourite set of lego pirate!

i have it without the box, but now trying to find it with it.

I looked on ebay for example, and there is a big difference between the prices.

I just bought a set with the box but to be honest i have no use for the boxes. They are nice to look at but after that i have no interest in them. Thinking of putting it up on bricklink but im dubious as to how big the market is. do people buy boxes just on their own ?

Old sets like this go for much, much more with the boxes (especially if they're in great condition)

So, lots of people buy boxes individually to put with the set they're selling. You could probably get a pretty good price for the box itself (I have no idea just throwing out a rough guess...range might be $20-30?)

Old sets like this go for much, much more with the boxes (especially if they're in great condition)

So, lots of people buy boxes individually to put with the set they're selling. You could probably get a pretty good price for the box itself (I have no idea just throwing out a rough guess...range might be $20-30?)

thats cool, i cant see myself selling the set, so the box is just taking up space. If i could get that much for a box then it would take alot of the hit i paid for the whole thing in the first place !