Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Treasure count

I am hoping to post my treasure, which isnt all that much after the cursed redcoats plundered a good amount of my pirate-accumulated wealth, but soon Mr. Bricklink order should be paying me a long overdue visit :pir-classic:

not to mention it seems my camera has been misplaced...

Looked up the sets with pirate gold and counted that I should have 12 lots of coin thingies, but I remembered that somehow I had extra. So I got them all out and counted them: 12x 40, 14x 30, 14x 20, 14x 10 & 6x the-middle-bit. (Includes one lot still stuck together). Total = 1320 pirate gold currency. Not bad considering I haven't touched pirate Lego since 1993 or something. I took a photo but keep forgetting to bring the camera to put it online - will do eventually.

Yes, I used to count the-middle-bit as money too, but I gave it a value of 50 since it was bigger than the coins. Also, I (just) managed to fit all my horde in 2 treasure chests. This means I have quite a few empty - and some with jewels & gold (yellow) goblets or round plates. Hello castle.

Finally remembered to get the photo off the camera.

4969893903_29abac94f5_z.jpg

I also found another middle bit in my bag of jewels (Lego jewels I mean). In addition to the photo and what I mentioned in the previous post.

Here is my gold count I will be putting up a picture soon in my HMS Britannia moc of all of my treasure. :jollyroger:

110x10=1100

110x20=2200

110x30=3300

110x40=4400

GRAND TOTAL=11,000

Looking forward to it, more loot to plunder!

You scurvy bluecoat now I'm going to have to purchase more redcoats to defend my treasure. :jollyroger:

If you live in one country and your currency is higher than another country do you have more ??? :pir-tongue:

I'll try do this but I only have about 10 coins.

Yes. Bluecoat money is > than redcoat money.

Wow, I'm AMAZED at how close my count is to Stash2Sixx's. I just counted them up and got:

10's: 233

20's: 241

30's: 232

40's: 235

Total Value: 23510

Of course, S2S posted his count back in May, so he's probably got me beat by now. But in theory, I can add the ones that my wife has (we're slowly combining our collections), but she can't find hers at the moment.

DaveE

We don't know the exchange rate of jewels and crystals (perhaps we should create one?).

Well I dont know how you will accept it but, here's mine that i use.

Orange jewel - 100$

Light blue jewel - 200$

Dark blue jewel - 400$

Red jewel - 500$

Light green jewel - 700$

Yellow jewel - 800$

Dark green jewel - 900$

White jewel - 1000$

Purple jelew - 1100$

Gold crystal - 1000$

Bronze crystal - 500$

Thats my exchange rate :pir-sceptic: .

Out of curiosity:

Known:

Minifig is about 3.2g

Gold value is about $1406.09 per pound

Gold coin is about 0.05602g

Assuming that a minifig is roughly 150 lbs, a gold coin is about $53,844 USD (assuming it's solid 24k gold)

Also, by volume:

Known:

Gold coin is about 58.79 mm^3

Gold has a density of roughly 19.3g per cubic centimeter

Assuming 1 stud is 1 minifig foot, a gold coin is about 3251 cubic centimeters, and is worth about $2,836,910 USD (again, assuming 24k)

DaveE

That is some expensive gold!

I wish I knew what happened to mine. I know I had a few dozen coins, but, much like my chrome lightsabers or wizard hat/glow in the dark wands, they seem to have been lost during my dark ages. :(

just a quick question, does anybody here keep the centre bit that holds the coins? ... i kind of treat them like a pirate medallion (and their great chest stuffers :pir-tongue: )

Yes, I do that too!

But back to the topic- I have too many gold coins to count. I don't know if jewels count, but I have at least one of every colour except orange(2x light blue, 2x dark blue, countless bright green(because of Mars Mission), 1x everything else.)