cavegod

UCS AT-AT

i was just looking at the AT-AT this morning and i got thinking which is always bad, the head moves side to side, also there is a space either side in the neck so why don't i place a motor in th ebody and then by means of wizardry and black magic make so the head will move side to side via the motor?

So, what do i need in power functions stuff to make it happen?

IMO, you shouldn't put PF in a UCS MOC. ;)

Anyway, if you put PF, you need a M motor, a IR receiver, a battery box, and a remote control.

Personally, I think adding PF to this MOC is a bad idea.

How close are you to finishing this monstrosity? Looks like you're getting close.

Cavegod, I've been thinking about the future of your AT-AT. As you know, I like to work in MLCad. Given enough photos, I could reverse engineer this model into MLCad, and generate an instruction list from that. It would mean some extra work for you, as I will probably need some specific photo angles to decipher what you have done, and it WOULD take me a long time to work everything out. When I'm done, I'd return the cad file to you, since it is your design. Let me know if you'd be interested.

yeah why not gives me summat to do, and any probs you encounter just ask and i will tell you how i built it.

the legs, tops and sides should be straight forward the skeleton will be hard work, it really needs tidying up a bit, the neck is easy enough and the head should be quite easy, be nice to know how many pieces it is.

consider the pf idea shelved then, less work after all, still i could use technic elements so that the head is fixed instead of flapping around.....

Edited by cavegod

just wondering if 1x4 curved slopes will work for the toes??

idealy they should be 3 studs wide tapering to 4 studs but that is impossible with the peices available unless anyone knows any different????

Well it's not going to get me a job as a graphics editor but for the 6 hrs it took me to make what do you think??

stickertemplate5.jpg

Looks great! I prefer the purple one - the AT-AT looks more striking. :classic:

Is that an image of your AT-AT?

I can see you easily building an interior around the technic bars etc. But, I suppose it may be too heavy then... :sceptic:

Definitely something you should work on to make it absolutely, 100% perfect! :classic:

Looks great! I prefer the purple one - the AT-AT looks more striking. :classic:

Is that an image of your AT-AT?

no it's rocko's i cheated lol

I like the red sticker, although the purple one does look cool too

yeah the red stands out better but i also like the purple, oh and the image is actual size aswell!!

Eventually, did you isolated the model with any soft ?

nope i used rocko's picture and just used an edge tool and then glowing edges with a colour layer over the top.

For the record, I prefer the purple over the red. Both look very nice, though.

yeah why not gives me summat to do, and any probs you encounter just ask and i will tell you how i built it.

the legs, tops and sides should be straight forward the skeleton will be hard work, it really needs tidying up a bit, the neck is easy enough and the head should be quite easy, be nice to know how many pieces it is.

If the legs and interior structure are done, I can start on those. I must reiterate that it will take a while. Besides, my UCS TIEs will take precedence.

Could you ask that question agian, Anio. Your post makes very little sense to me.

If the legs and interior structure are done, I can start on those. I must reiterate that it will take a while. Besides, my UCS TIEs will take precedence.

yep the legs are done and so are the sides and roofs.

Could you ask that question agian, Anio. Your post makes very little sense to me.

When Oxycrest make a sticker, he isolates the model.

With photoshop, he makes the background transparent (I don't mean white, I really mean transparent).

And then, he uses this file as a layer on photoshop.

Example on my AT-TE :

96139121.jpg

Edited by Anio

no it's rocko's i cheated lol

yeah the red stands out better but i also like the purple, oh and the image is actual size aswell!!

I was going to say the purple and red have different sized AT-AT's, one looks stretched but I can't put my finger on which is correct.

I was going to say the purple and red have different sized AT-AT's, one looks stretched but I can't put my finger on which is correct.

the red one is correct and the purple was stretched

With the AT-AT 90% complete i decided to build a couple of speeders using Roguebanthas design on Flikr, i would like to display them with the atat but does anybody have any suggestions how to do that?

With the AT-AT 90% complete i decided to build a couple of speeders using Roguebanthas design on Flikr

Link ?

Otherwise, you mean in the AT-AT, don't you ?

Link ?

Otherwise, you mean in the AT-AT, don't you ?

Rebel speeders would not be inside an Imperial AT-AT, I think he means sort of as a diorama.

Oups, sorry.

I had the speederbike in mind. :wacko:

Thanks for the pic !

What about one of the snowspeeders being stepped by the At-At while Luke escapes?

And the other one attempting to down the At-At with the winch.

the at-at can't stand on anything other than a flat level surface it's nearly 8kg!

rear end finished

legs finished

head finished

body finished

feet finished

i am just waiting on some slopes for the toes i decided to change them in the end as they looked wrong, iv'e gone for 4x1 curved slopes, 3 wide with 2x4 wedge plates either side.

once the parts arrive i will take pics of the model completed. in the mean time i have started my next model.... ucs NU-Class Republic attack shuttle i chose that as it is colourfull and also an ugly sucker!