cavegod

UCS AT-AT

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Right well i've started to build my UCS ATAT, i am going to base it on Rocko's UCS ATAT pictured below

3991644304_c9c95f83eb_o.jpg

when it's finished it will more or less be the same but hopefully have an interior etc. it's going to take a long time as those 6 pictures in the album are all i have to go off but i have started the foot and have the building technique for one so the other 4 will be easy, just need to make them sturdy enough for the imense weight of it all.

any help in working out how parts are built are most welcome, especially th elegs :sceptic:

pictures will follow as and when i make progress.

P.S. a minifigure is not as tall as the side of the foot :cry_happy: shes gonna be big!!

Edited by KimT

Insane, I can see the size, just the foot itself is 6 studs high. This is going to be immense!!

That is really brilliant. I cant believe how big it is.

This is the best At-At I have every seen.

I love the solid colour and the bridge.

I am utterly speechless :cry_happy: , Well Done.

I am utterly speechless :cry_happy: , Well Done.
This is not built by cavegod, he´s just going to copy it and give it interior as he wrote in the first post. The AT-AT in the picture is built by RockoTM, check out more pictures here.

This will be a really cool moc to follow. I hope it works out really well

Woah. The head is just amazing and so cleanly executed :thumbup: I can't wait to see your version.

Edited by prateek

just trying to figure out how the weight of this thing rests on 4 technic axles at the ankles????

wow! what great work! that is very accurate to the movie version...

Please read before posting.

Cavegod: You would be surprised. I know I'm not nearly as good in MOCing as Rocko, but most of my good MOCs I never post here because my pictures would ruin them. On a recent MOC I'm making, the thing ways about two pounds, an the entire thing rests on 7 protruding studs that fold up as landing gear.

Lego's very durable. I would guess that the would be another point of attachment for the legs, but it seems not. On my AT-AT MOC, only a little bit bigger than the motorized one, I really like it by the way, but the feet are wrong so it's still a WIP, the legs are the good old fashion ones that TLG used on the first AT-AT. I used the joints from the 2006-7 orange Exo Force tank. It looks bad if not covered up, but it could work well on a MOC like this.

Edited by Darth Legolas

well i'll find out darth,

anyway heres a two pictures of progress on the feet, i am waiting on bricklink orders at moment so can't do much more to them tlll then.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2744/425989...7d47245cd_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/425989...a1cc569c9_o.jpg

sorry bout the pictures it's dark and a camera phone :sceptic:

When my executor is finished (I just started it), I plan to build an UCS AT-AT. I want to build it bigger than the 10178, but a bit smaller than Rocko's AT-AT.

Good luck for your AT-AT. :wink:

Edited by Anio

When my executor is finished (I just started it), I plan to build an UCS AT-AT. I want to build it bigger than the 10178, but a bit smaller than Rocko's AT-AT.

Good luck for your AT-AT. :wink:

i built your pod racer, displays well but very fragile :hmpf_bad:

just waiting for 2 peices for my ucs Obi Wans Delta7 Jedi starfighter

wish i coul dprint stickers out for them all where did you get yours printed out?

Just realised how big a project this is gonna be, i have 4 feet made and have used nearly 1000 pieces :cry_sad: each foot is 240+ peices without the ankle joint!

The head is very heavy and is going to need some hefty support to keep it attached to the body,

still on a plus note i have tested the ankle joints to see what weight they will take before breaking and i got 11lb so it will safetly hold 40lb on all four feet, surely it won't weigh more than that.....will it?????

Edited by cavegod

Nice AT-AT you got there cavegod !

??? i ain't posted any pictures yet :sceptic:

This is going to be huge! 240 pieces for one foot? Wow, that must be very big! Looking forward to it!

Also, to anybody who thinks this is his, it's not - the one in the first post is made by Rocko.

Good luck with your project, cavegod.

~ General Magma

gonna post some pictures soon but just for scale the leg to the knee joint is 12" high!!!

work faster!!!!!! can't wait to see more.. the at-at is one of the coolest vehicles in the whole sw universe...