Siegfried

Train Tech has a new station!

traintech1.jpg

LEGO trains are an important aspect of the hobby for many AFOLs, and in many ways they surpass the traditional Town link that's often made. For example you can make a Sci-Fi or a Western themed train. Partially for this reason we've decided to separate the two forums.

Enjoy!

Woohoo! All aboard the Emerald Express ladies and gentlemen, we're going for a ride! Eggos all around from your favourite chef! Grim adventures await in the dark Shadows of train tech...

Good to see this forum out in the open, I've always had a thing for trains myself and look forward to reading some of these topics out in the light! :sweet:

Oh my, I guess I'd better pack of my d96 and Harpie miniatures and prepare for the ride of a lifetime!

There he goes with the d96 again.

And the harpie miniatures.

I thought he was over all that.

Hey, stop that!

He can hear us?

Sure he can, just not all at once.

Good thing I really lyke tranes like trains.

WOW :oh: What a surprise.

Im sure this new area will be very popular, good addition EB staff.

That's a very nice idea, but I was also totally satisfied with train tech being a subforum of trains & town. Anyway, it's not a bad decision at all to completely separate trains from town.

I was expecting a complete separation already when the Trains (sub)forum was introduced. So do we only have sub-MOC fora now (like the Pirates MOC subforum or Watto's junkyard)?

However: I wonder if Town will still be the number 1 forum this year... it must be a Pirates or Star Wars conspiracy. They must have persuaded the staff to seperate the fora, because Trains and Town was getting too mighty. :grin:

Seems like the Shadows bug is spreading fast

Edited by Rick

However: I wonder if Town will still be the number 1 forum this year... it must be a Pirates or Star Wars conspiracy. They must have persuaded the staff to seperate the fora, because Trains and Town was getting too mighty. :grin:

That made me give out a wry chuckle.

And there was Brickster boasting about Town & Trains being number one... as most people will, I wonder which one will lead the polls next year.

Welcome everyone to the new "stand-alone" Train Tech forum. We've been discussing this for some time now and finally decided to make it happen. Let's see your enthusiasm by sharing some new train topics as well as MOCs. Things have slowed down a bit in here, but with the stand-alone forum, we may see more train interest through improved accessibility. :thumbup:

And there was Brickster boasting about Town & Trains being number one... as most people will, I wonder which one will lead the polls next year.

I hope I wasn't boasting, but rather thanking everyone for contributing to the success of Trains & Town. As I love both themes, I'm okay to see both themes do well, and I must admit that there's still a lot more in the areas of Town sub-themes.

And thanks for the coverage WhiteFang. :classic:

Train Tech is on the fast train! :thumbup:

'All aboard !'

It's good to see a page given to trains and train related gear - SWEET - I'm just starting to come up with MOC ideas for the train area now so I'm glad there is a home for them.

Woohoo! All aboard the Emerald Express ladies and gentlemen, we're going for a ride! Eggos all around from your favourite chef! Grim adventures await in the dark Shadows of train tech...

Good to see this forum out in the open, I've always had a thing for trains myself and look forward to reading some of these topics out in the light! :sweet:

Nononono. You're not Schmelt. I would know it. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, I like the change. :thumbup: I always overlooked Train Tech when I did sweeps through the forum, but now I'll hopefully visit more often.

that is a beautiful and great promising move

I found it very confusing and as a result, I didcome verry much.

Now this is much better

:thumbup::wink:

Pat.

Great idea!

Its about time to!

Next year, SW will definitly be at the top, now that Trains and town are seperated! :devil:

Thanks MODs and Admins for doing this! :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Next year, SW will definitly be at the top, now that Trains and town are seperated!

What difference does it make, both Town and Trains will still be cooler :devil:

Congratulations on the latest baby (?) in our forum ;]

Brickster Boy, You Da Man! (does THAT sound stupid... I know. Forgive me.)

Seriously though, this change was definitely necessary and it's great to see it carried out sooner rather than later. Eurobricks is by far the most comprehensive LEGO resource on the 'net, so such a division is more than appropriate and welcome. Besides, this goes to show that the forum itself is expanding and that is wonderful - just having such train-geniuses around (you know who you are guys :wink: ) makes me even more convinced that this is the No. 1 stop for any kind of information, be that new building techniques or techie stuff.

Cheers boys & girls, and once again - hats off to the Brickster!

This is great to hear and should make the Train portion more accessible as it continues to grow. :thumbup: :thumbup: It was only a matter of time until trains needed its own forum. Congratulations to everyone who has been helping to really make Trains and Town huge here are Eurobricks. I can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Oh no, I now have divided loyalties :classic::tongue:

Now that trains and town have pwned the forums, we need to add some town centric smilies. In particular more than pirates and star wars :tongue: Of course all with classic smilies. :wacko:

Next year, SW will definitly be at the top, now that Trains and town are seperated! :devil:

Thanks MODs and Admins for doing this! :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Well it could just mean that Star Wars is fifth this year. I predict;

1) Train Tech

2) Town

3) Pirate

4) Ben 10 :tongue:

5) Star Wars

I always overlooked Train Tech when I did sweeps through the forum, but now I'll hopefully visit more often.

Yes, that was one of the biggest reason for the change. Sub forums can be confusing and easily missed.

4) Ben 10 :tongue:

Not a chance. It'll beat town, but not trains.

Oh this is nice, I like it as its own forum now over a subforum, easy to find :classic:

Really good idea!

Both Town and Trains are great themes, I think, and they mix perfectly. However, with many train-related items it's very cool to give trains a forum on it's own.

Many thanks! :classic:

By the way, I don't think Ben10 will be in the top 5. I think (and hope) it will be a fiasco like Galidor. Now only with a license.

LEGO trains are an important aspect of the hobby for many AFOLs, and in many ways they surpass the traditional Town link that's often made. For example you can make a Sci-Fi or a Western themed train. Partially for this reason we've decided to separate the two forums.

Enjoy!

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEE!

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

:sceptic::sceptic::sceptic::sceptic::sceptic::sceptic::sceptic:

By the way, I don't think Ben10 will be in the top 5. I think (and hope) it will be a fiasco like Galidor. Now only with a license.

Me too, thats why I put the :tongue: in there, however it did allow me to move star wars down an extra spot :classic: I'm not sure if Seigfied is serious or not either.

I'd hope this sort of behaviour "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I love Ben10 Soooooooooooooooooooo much" would make it obvious you were a kid and perhaps bring on a banning.

A standing ovation from me too for our train chief, TheBrickster!

happy-applause1.gifhappy-applause1.gifhappy-applause1.gifhappy-applause1.gif

Your effort and dedication on trains was always distinctive and the evolution is easily visible now!

Here's to a great new start!

huge.66.331783.JPG