Sign in to follow this  
Zerobricks

Trial truck 10 - LYNX

I wish there were some competions around my area. Sounds like fun!

I agree!! I've been building TECHNIC for quite a while now and I took interest in Truck Trial about a year or so ago and I've been looking for competitions in the U.S. but haven't found any. Out of curiosity, I live in Virginia, do you live near there?? because if you do we might be able to create our own competition!!! If time permits...

[bUMP]

Zblj's LYNX Trial Truck has been added to Rebrickable.com :thumbup: I have built this in real bricks, and I can attest that it's well-designed! Thanks to Zblj and technicmad for teaming up to add this to the Rebrickable MOC gallery (dominated by lots of fine Technic creations). :sweet:

MOC-0042.jpgtitle.png

Well, Zblj is my idol, and it's good to see that he uses simple pins for mounting the springs and not ball-end (or whatever it's called) pins. I was worried about this solution, but I guess I'm trying to be too pedant about the stuff...

The solution for mounting the center of the axles (for lateral positioning) is really cool and simple, is it used in real vehicles? I've only seen Panhard rods or nothing for lateral positioning.

Are you talking about the driveline axles on the underside of the LYNX?

p1140033.jpg

The solution for mounting the center of the axles (for lateral positioning) is really cool and simple, is it used in real vehicles? I've only seen Panhard rods or nothing for lateral positioning.

If I understand what you mean, yes, it exists on real vehicle, and it's called a "V-link". For example, the fastrac has a rear V-link :

Edited by GuiliuG

Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks. I really should look into suspensions before reinventing the wheel or throwing away solutions because "they don't look real enough"...