Sign in to follow this  
sok117

Custom General Grevious

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Okay before I start, let me begin with introducing Myself, I am Sok117, I have come to this planet In piece (Lego pun) :tongue: . No but seriously this is my first custom, moc, mod or anything that I am going to share with the members of Eurobricks. Hope you enjoy it.

Well a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, a great company who shall be refeared to as the TLG made a series of lego sets off an epic phenomenon that has defined a generation, I speak to you of course, of Star Wars. However, they we're not always so succesful with their accuracy, so us, being the consumers, have decided to mod and moc are lego products to a better tomorrow, I will do my part by moding one dissapointing droid general.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Droid General himself, General Grevious...

general_grevious_001.jpg

A true upgrade to the figure that we all know.

and with a whole lot more poseibility (if that is a word)

general_grevious_002.jpg

I guess I'll start with a 360 view of him :classic:

general_grevious_005.jpg

general_grevious_006.jpg

general_grevious_008.jpg

But, he doesn't look that fierce without any lightsab--

general_grevious_009.jpg

Thats more like it!!!!

Disassembled

general_grevious_004.jpg

And how about a size comparison with the famous Jedi Bob?

general_grevious_010.jpg

Wait, "JEDI BOB LOOK OUT!!!!!"

general_grevious_011.jpg

*Insert lightsaber sounds here*

general_grevious_003.jpg

Since I am against minifigure brutality I decided to give Jedi Bob an Obi-wan Kenobi death

General Grevious: "Perfect, another lightsaber to add to my collection"

general_grevious_012.jpg

And now some poses.

The General concocting a brilliant scheme

general_grevious_013.jpg

And where would he be without his infamous cough? (or it could be him beat boxing, YOU BE THE JUDGE)

general_grevious_014.jpg

And now to send you on your way, a little something we put together

*insert music here*

general_grevious_015.jpg

And now a bow to the audience

general_grevious_016.jpg

Well, there it is, my first mod on eurobricks, questions, comments, concerns, criticisms, etc. will be greatly appreciated

Edited by KimT
Horrendously large images removed

Wow - this has to be (IMO) the best GG custom out there! Congrats. But please, I beg you, resize those pics! Although EB automaticly downsizes them, It still uses a huge amount of internet for those of us on not quite so fast connections. Cheers, and great MOC!

Your creation may be good, but your images are ludicrously large - I have removed all deeplinks.

Please go back and resize them before reposting direct images. Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth. The maximum size we like at EB is 800x600 pixels. Check the Site Guidelines for more information.

Thanks.

It looks better than the original but not by much, there have been some really awesome MOC's of Grievous, so I guess I am comparing yours to theirs. He still looks like he has pretty limited mobolity. It is an improvement thoguh.

I guess i really wasn't trying to make him very pose-able but he really is quite something in person, mostly because he is to scale, which some other grevious customs are lacking, But remember this is my first, hopefully it should get better. To big cam, how do you suggest I improve him? I am open to all ideas you mat have, but i d want to keep him to scale with my other minifigures so that I can use him in dioramas, vignettes etc.

hes a really great custom! I would really like to compare him to the new one thats coming out next year.

A very nice custom GG sok117. :thumbup:

He is the right height, and I think his arms are alot better.

But his legs I think look to straight, the legs need to look more like These legs. If thats possible.

Very nice job with him though, and I like the poses. :thumbup::laugh:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Looks good. :thumbup:

But I see he's also very similair to mine. Ever seen it? (the top part, atleast - BTW my GG has changed since then - white dishes, new custom front tile, and claw pieces as feet):

link

I think many people use the design with the dishes though.

Anyways it's nicely done but I also recommend to replace that blue piece with a white or light bley one, and maybe the legs should be a little bent up.. still an improvement from the original one.

~General Magma

Edited by General Magma

That's not Jedi Bob! Its Jedi Armendariz! :grin:

I like it, If its good enough to play with, Its good enough to be good as I say. You don't have to make it too fancy pance. :thumbup:

Looks good. :thumbup:

But I see he's also very similair to mine. Ever seen it? (the top part, atleast - BTW my GG has changed since then - white dishes, new custom front tile, and claw pieces as feet):

link

I think many people use the design with the dishes though.

Anyways it's nicely done but I also recommend to replace that blue piece with a white or light bley one, and maybe the legs should be a little bent up.. still an improvement from the original one.

~General Magma

yeah I guess that is really all you can do with the body, I guess great minds think alike :laugh: . Its great for playability and I'm hoping to incorporate him into a Utapau diorama I am working on.