12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

INDEXED -Zorbas

Smarts are cool, they're economical and ecological. And that's what the designers at LEGO must have been thinking when they came up with this little set. And it also fits within the civilian sets.

The set is going to be released officially in 2010 but it's already in stores. The box of 3177 City Car contains about 43 pieces including a brand new minifigure and the set costs 4,95 EUR.

img_4917.jpg

The minifigure is wonderful. The new torso is cool and I hope LEGO makes some color variations on it. There's even a back print with a hoodie. I think dark blue legs look actually better on this figure (in combination with the light blue on the torso).

img_4932.jpg

img_4934.jpg

The Sma... euh, city car looks very good. Yes, I first thought it was really small, but it has to be small if you look at the car on which it's based. Also notice the doors, something we hadn't seen in quite a time. A suitcase fits in the back of the car. The design is very good but I'm not so fond of the colours. The white changes so abrupt in black, it doesn't look so good. But it's not bad either. In the future I may going buy a second one and build a black version and another white version.

img_4930.jpg

img_4922.jpg

img_4925.jpg

img_4926.jpg

img_4929.jpg

I think 3177 City Car is a good little set. Perfect for cheering up your LEGO town, it doesn't have to be all six wide trucks that ride around. The minifigure is very nice, and so is the car if you don't care about the black and white contrast. For the money you pay for it is definitely a must get because I don't think this is overpriced.

Hope you've enjoyed my view on this new City set! :wink:

Edited by Zorbas
Poll added

Thanks for the review. This is a true Lego classic. Too bad about the lacking tail lights though (it only has a big break light).

The doors are coming back to sets at last! Torso design is outstanding, however this torso and these legs combination is quite poor. I'm thankful for introducing mudguards back and finally a car that uses smaller wheels than trucks.

Edited by Intact

...and finally a car that uses smaller wheels than trucks.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Exactly what I've being saying since my return from dark ages.

Thanks for the review Matn. Very nice photos! :thumbup:

Great set and great review - it has all the information to be the perfect review.

BTW, I've just found out that local (Russian) price will be 299 roubles (it's about $10 - 7236 has the same price...) - that's ridiculous! :( Sorry for this complaint.

Greetings! :classic:

Thank you for the review, I just picked up the set yesterday for $4.50 and I think it is a pretty good deal. I am a major fan of the four wide (classic town) approach and I am glad to see it alive and well in the newer city theme. I could be wrong, but this set defiantly reminds me of an earlier set: 6530-1 Sport Coupe from 1990. That one had rear lights but the overall appearance was the same and the mini-fig even had a briefcase! I could defiantly see a comparison review between the two sets! :cry_happy:

The real name for this set is Small Car.

Anyways, nice review. The minifigure is nice as well as the car.

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Nice review. I like the new torso, and it is a good and cheap set. I agree the colours could be different. Does this car have a back window?

The real name for this set is Small Car.

City Runabouts, City Car, Small Car, it's all the same. Here it's called 'Stadsauto', so when translated it's called City Car. :wink:

@prateek: it doesn't have a back window, but you can fix that easily (but then you have too lose the space for the briefcase).

I like this set, the new torso looks great as well could well become a classic in future years.

As for the name it's the 'Smart Car but just diffrent enough so we didn't have to pay for a licence'