Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

The Christening of the HMAS High Ground (MOC)

4180602206_f383c786fc_b.jpg

4180602212_22694a3a6c.jpg

4180602222_76a8f0d459.jpg

4180602226_cfbb6fd2b4.jpg

4180602230_2e2e8bc66d.jpg

(Note that the governor is holding a bottle of wine that he was going to use to christen the High Ground. I was rather proud of that touch)

4180620710_549e9cc1ff.jpg

4180620728_b609d4854b.jpg

This fellow was tasked with turning on the steam engine. Needless to say, he didn't let go of the wheel soon enough.

4180620730_f6b8e81757.jpg

This seemed to me much more pirate than steampunk, but then again I could be wrong. It just seemed to belong here more. C&C welcome, although mainly comments because the thing's already starting to fall apart and I doubt I'll be able to change it much.

Thats a really cool moc you have there, i do like the flying ship, very neat. Is this one of the redcoat's secret weapons? :pir_laugh2:

If it was their new weapon, I'd like to see what happens if you shoot 1 bullet through the balloon. :pir_laugh2:

I like this creation, the balloon/boat is quite nice. I also like all the action. :thumbup:

Nice job!

Thats a really cool moc you have there, i do like the flying ship, very neat. Is this one of the redcoat's secret weapons? :pir_laugh2:
If it was their new weapon, I'd like to see what happens if you shoot 1 bullet through the balloon. :pir_laugh2:

I like this creation, the balloon/boat is quite nice. I also like all the action. :thumbup:

Nice job!

I thank you both for your kind compliments. The High Ground was going to be a weapon of the redcoat fleet, but not really a secret one. It's hard to keep even a 12-foot flying boat secret when you float it out abover you enemies and start shooting them from it.

As for your concerns and/or hopes about shooting 1 bullet through it, it's designed to fly well above the range of a musket shot straight up. To get that sort of height you'd have to bring a cannon out on deck and shoot straight up, and even then you might miss, and you would certainly have a hole in your deck from the recoil. The redcoats thought this all out, you see.