Sign in to follow this  
Pugsly

Review: 7590 Toy Story Woody and Buzz to the Rescue

7590: Woody and Buzz to the Rescue; Toy Story; Released 2010; 92 Pieces; $19.99 USD

This is my first review so please bear with me :)

This set was purchased on Decemebder 8, 2009 from the Schaumburg Lego Discovery Center, located in Schaumburg, IL USA. For some reason they had them in stock there but not the Lego store inside Woodfield Mall located 1 or 2 blocks away.

4172613226_b16592c51e.jpg

4171857893_b8b78e3297_b.jpg

4171858063_3f08e43848_b.jpg

4172614294_c44d7bb254_b.jpg

Buzz and Woody. Notice that Woody is about 1/3 taller than Buzz. This is due to the fact that Woody uses a 3 stud tall legs and Buzz is the standard 2. Buzz comes with a 2 piece wing section, the chest/helemet piece (with printed torso underneath) molded head and half helmet shield. Woody comes preassembled in its own sealed bag and the hat is permanently attached.

4173471942_76b5a7fdf5_b.jpg

4173472104_9f0fb083bb_b.jpg

4173472256_02db7263c3_b.jpg

Buzz with the firecracker attached. He is attached with a inverted tile with center post in the center.

4173472558_f5a4a11283_b.jpg

4173472790_bcaeaeed51_b.jpg

During the build, really simple but some really nice colors. Lime green and the blue look real nice togeather. :)

4172673882_0127f52358_b.jpg

4171940145_18cef5cd06_b.jpg

All the pieces in this set are printed on and NOT STICKERS. I've seen too many stickers lately, this is a nice thing to see.

4171939731_642c7c9956_b.jpg

R/C. He looks really good. Although in this picture i forgot the blue discs behind the white discs on the eyes. I added those in later pictures though. The wing in moveable up and down. It is a pull back self running car. I will grab a quick video of that in a few. please be patient on that.

4172695718_23812078a9_b.jpg

4171940901_fc0b65fa3b_b.jpg

4172695952_4b56a86ac6_b.jpg

4172697126_5bf85fb63c_b.jpg

4173472970_056883dcf8_b.jpg

4172715773_9a18291912_b.jpg

I really like this set. I loved the movie and this set is a definite keeper. The pieces and build are simple, but when built R/C is a really nice looking model. His pull back feature is a definite plus. The colors look great, the eyes are what does it for me. The 2 minifigs are the definate reason to get this set.

Buzz is cool looking, the wings are a nice touch and add to the overall look of him. The only downside I have with him is that his clear shield easily pops off. Many times without knowing it when moving him it was gone and i had to go find it.

Woody is different too. He is taller than most minifigs. His legs are 3 studs tall but his torso is the same as regular minifigs. His hat is non-removeable.

This set is a good value at $19.99 USD. I would like to see it at $16.99 or maybe $17.99, but all in all, not that bad of a deal. I recommend this set to any collector and any kid who just wants a fun Lego model to build and play with, as it is very playable.

Thanks for this great review Pugsly! :wub:

This set looks very interesting. I find it totally bizarre that Woody comes assembled as a figure (even though the pieces come apart) :wacko: Maybe they're supposed to ship unassembled but the factory worker/ robot just couldn't resist the cutesy goodness and put Woody together anyway! :laugh:

Nice to see some printed pieces too :thumbup:

I'm sure we all look forward to your future reviews!

Thanks for sharing this review with us Pugsly. I am so looking forward to when I can own this set myself. Although I know that my daughter will want one too, she is only two but knows both of the TS movies by heart.

'The Big One' is really big, I like it! :grin:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, it was more work than i thought to do the review, uploading pictures linking them, writing etc, whew!!!!

I thank my 6 year old son for bringing me back from the dark ages!!!!!!!

Great review! I've been waiting to see these sets as I love the movies and loves the demo pics I had seen. My 6 year old niece will love these especially since we used to play with pull back wind-up cars. Will be really kool to see a view on youtube of the set. Woody looks way too tall and it looks weird when Woody stands next to Buzz. They shouldn't have added on an extra stud on his legs. Woody's head is tall enough to make woody appear taller then buzz without having had added the longer legs. Surely the creators would have made a test casting to see that the height was too much?

If you make a video and put it on youtube right now you will be the first to review a Lego Toy Story set and you'll get a ton of views! All their is right now is people with videos of promotional pictures we've all seen.

Edited by Grimmy

Great review!The sets is very good with a lot of lime green,blue(is it light blue? :oh: )and great minifigures.But the 16.99 price will be better.

And with the lovely printed pieces and the fantastic new molds [Can't wait to see what someone does with a bunch of bricklink'd Buzz Wings :P] I get why the set is $20.

It's a bit overpriced for me though, even though this is my all-time favorite Disney movie, I don't think I'll be getting this; the other sets with better prices and figs could be better deals.

Thanks for the reviews!!

Could we see a clear picture of Buzz's torso?

Once, again, thanks!

[-TA-]

I'm sooo jealous right now! :cry_sad: I checked my local Lego store and TRU, but they didn't have any! Oh well, can't be long now.

As for the set itself, It's absolutely awesome, although a bit pricey. I can't believe that all the pieces in this set are printed! :oh: Is the rocket printed on both sides?

Definitely a plus that RC has a pullback motor. Great playability for children!

The minifigs are great too. I really love that they have printed both torsos. Hope some people who didn't like the minifigs change their mind after seeing them up close.

Thanks for the review Pugsly!

It doesn't look like much for $20 USD, but if you think about the printed parts ($5 USD extra) and pull-back motor ($5 USD extra), it seems to be worth it. :thumbup:

The Big One looks really big, and is a great addition to the set! It's always good to be more accurate to the movie.

By the way, are those lime green pieces on the very back of the eyes new parts? They look like they are. :look:

By the way, are those lime green pieces on the very back of the eyes new parts? They look like they are. :look:

I thought they were flat saucepans/ frying pans.

I thought they were flat saucepans/ frying pans.
Now that you mention it, they do seem to be frying pans! Thanks. :classic:

I like how we're getting lots of new parts and existing parts in new colors in this theme! :sweet:

Here are those "frying pans" don't know if they are new or not though.

4173791296_4bebcbef6f_b.jpg

4173791426_0f16db972b.jpg

Edited by Pugsly

Another splendid review Pugsly :thumbup:

This looks like another very nice set. :wub:

I really like the two figs, the set is nicely captured aswell.

Nice review!

CommanderFox

*reads review*

WHAT? ALL PIECES PRINTED?

This is amazing! Thanks for stunning review, but I suggest to put some pictures with buzz and buzzy Disasembled. I think everybody will love too see how the new legs looks like...

Very nice review, thank you! Shame the hat isn't removable, that seems like an odd move, and I really liked the look of it. Still, at least it still looks well-sculpted, I mean it doesn't look surgically attached at all. All pieces being printed is also a surprise, though I suppose the splash parts of RC are too complicated for stickers.

This is one of the sets I hope to get, so thanks again for the blowout!

thanks for the review! :)

And yes, I agree with you for the price... 16,90 was better.

When you think you can have 2 sets of Army men for this price...the choice is done! :D

Moreover, it will be possible to have woody and Buzz in 2 other sets that are more interesting.

So you really need to have an interest in the little car to buy this set...

Thanks for the great review Pugsly!

It made me reconsider to really get one.

I think TLC really managed to do the car really accurate.

The Big One' is really big, I like it! :grin:
That´s what she says!

All these specialized pieces look so un-Lego-ey... (Buzz's wings and helmet, Woody's head). But the RC car is a pretty nice design.

Thank you (lucky bastard) for this excellent review!

You guys are soo lucky in getting the new sets so soon, I'm really envious. :cry_sad:

This set was on my to-buy-list and within this review I want to get it as soon as it is going to be available in Germany.

What a surprise - I watched the movie a couple of days ago with my two sons. I know they want to have it, too. :laugh:

The 2 minifigs are the definate reason to get this set.

Exactly my thoughts.

Woody looks way too tall and it looks weird when Woody stands next to Buzz. They shouldn't have added on an extra stud on his legs. Woody's head is tall enough to make woody appear taller then buzz without having had added the longer legs.

I have to disagree. Woody is way taller than Buzz. The minifigs seem to have the right proportions.

Well done, TLC! :wub:

Here are those "frying pans" don't know if they are new or not though.

4173791426_0f16db972b.jpg

Hey that piece is new!Old frying pan had only 2 "rings",but the new have 3!

Lime printed pieces with water will be good with new 2010 power miners sets(ith water tanks and blue pieces)

Are those 2x1 slope pieces with the vents in them new?? I've never seen them before.

Woody comes preassembled in its own sealed bag and the hat is permanently attached.[/size]

We will see about that! Pliers! Oh where are you? :thumbup: