lgorlando

MOC: 2010 Lego City Hospital CC style

This is quite a detailed and brilliant model. I commend your design ability and I think that this would look fantastic in any layout.

Well done!!

What a great moc! :thumbup:

I really like the architecture of this hospital!

It's like in real, an hospital was in an old building. And with time, space lakes, so we add some new parts here and there, using the actual way of building.

Finally, you've got a patchwork of style.

And you've capture that very well!

The fact that you have used some hinge bricks add a lot in term of playability but also in how you want your hospital looks like. And I really like this idea! A good use of the classic caste concept applied to city!

You’ve put some great details in the greek area, less in the other area, which is very good. And the modern emergency entrance, great!

The only thing that I don’t like that much (take this minor critic as a constructive one :wink: ) is the angel statue. The way the wings are made don’t convince me that much… :hmpf_bad:

I can’t conclude without a word about how you have made the interior!

What a great idea too! It looks like some vigs that you can put inside, with some outstanding details! :oh:

Definitively, in your hospital, we are in good hands!

:thumbup:

Dear lgorlando,

this is such a beautiful hospital.

I really like the modularity update.

By making it fully modular it will fit beautifully with the line of awesome MOCs you are building.

Kind regards,

Teddy

This is absolutely brilliant. While there are a lot of CC-type creations, and most of them are good, yours really stands out. For a couple reasons.

1 - It's not just good, closer to excellent.

2 - The interiors. I love that you managed to fit fully realized interiors into this.

3 - All the thought that went into the architecture, and the fact that you told us about it. I can't get enough of behind-the-scenes type things, and this is a touch that very few builders do.

My only criticism is there's no brickbuilt rod of Asclepius, but that's as nitpicky as can get :laugh:

I was just IN hospital and this looks just the same :classic:

AND even though I hated it in there,

a few days afterwards I still like your MOC when I have been growling at anything to do with hospitals in the last few days.

:grin:

I love this so much! The architecture is brilliant, and it's even more amazing that you've kitted it out with a fully detailed interior. I especially love the cafeteria and the MRI room. Well done!

A beautiful Hospital! :thumbup: The exterior design is rich in detail. The interior looks great. A perfect addition to finish this wonderful MOC. Great work :classic:

I'd love to see someone at TLG analyze your amazing model and give us a ballpark MSRP price that it would cost retailers as a result. That's gotta be a $400 set right there.

I am Speechless, Absolutely speechless. This is wonderfully spectacular. this with all the details that you've made for the inside. its truly and inspiration to build like this.

Astounding! Clearly the finest hospital I have ever seen. TLG could take a few cues from you regarding interior design. The swaddled infants? Brilliant! Congratulations...Doctor!

Hi

I purchased the instructions for this great hospital and instantly starting the painstaking process of purchases the parts required. Wish I had held off now for a few weeks as complete kits became available. Anyway to far down the line now. All I have to do is resist from trying to make a start to it before I have all the parts collected.

Cant wait to get building this. Great design Igorlando

Well, as this has been bumped anyway I can't resist noting that as I'm writing this (well, not exactly at the same moment, naturally) I'm building my own version. The building instructions do have some flaws, but all in all it's a great-looking creation. Can't wait to finish it :)

This is still easily in my top 3 modulars of all time, and I don't think I have seen anything as ambitious since! Simply beyond stunning.

I just finished mine. And if you think it looks big in the pictures, you really should see the thing up close. It's gigantic and in my collection the only items that challenges it for size are the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty. It's 38 bricks tall (!) and has a footprint of 65 x 32 studs...

I just finished mine. And if you think it looks big in the pictures, you really should see the thing up close. It's gigantic and in my collection the only items that challenges it for size are the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty. It's 38 bricks tall (!) and has a footprint of 65 x 32 studs...

Hi L@go! How does your version differ to the original?

Hi L@go! How does your version differ to the original?

It's slightly different, but not all that much - as I've built it from lgorlando's own building instructions, available here :)

Here's a picture of what you'll end up with if you do build from the instructions:

5615222242_8e7ecb158b.jpg

As you can see it's quite similar, but there's one less floor on the left-hand wing of the building and two slightly taller floors instead of the three small ones on the red addition.

As you can see it's quite similar, but there's one less floor on the left-hand wing of the building and two slightly taller floors instead of the three small ones on the red addition.

Was there meant to be a pic of yours to compare?

Was there meant to be a pic of yours to compare?

No. Mine looks exactly like that - like I'm saying, I built it from the instructions...

The original building, posted by lgorlando himself, differs slightly from the instructions, as you'll see if you compare the two:

4156535061_42341dc0ee.jpg

Original

5615222242_8e7ecb158b.jpg

Version from the instructions

No. Mine looks exactly like that - like I'm saying, I built it from the instructions...

The original building, posted by lgorlando himself, differs slightly from the instructions, as you'll see if you compare the two:

Apologies L@go, I miss understood your erlier posting in that I thought you were making your own adaption from the Instructions. But what you have pointed out,and that I never noticed before was the differences that you mentioned from the original build to the instruction version. This may explain the changes to many of the rooms aswell.