Sign in to follow this  
Stanley Kbrick

Pirate Pancakes

A really nice entry that you have here :thumbup:

You did an AWESOME job on the uder water affects.

Wow I've never seen a big clear baseplate! Where does that come from? Nice unique design. Looks pretty original.

Nice work Stanley. You've squeezed in so much detail. I absolutely adore the trans purple flames (?) as plants. At first the under water didn't quite work for me, but then I saw the side view, and it looks so cool, with the shark suspended over the seaweed like that. :pir-wub:

Wow I've never seen a big clear baseplate! Where does that come from? Nice unique design. Looks pretty original.

although there seems to exsist a big clear baseplate this is actually made out of several 16x16 baseplates (from the mosaic series). This made it possible for the anchor to go through the water, but also made it harder to balance the whole. It's really hard to get this visible on the pictures so you all have to take my word for it.

good luck everyone

stanley

I really like your idea, but it looks to me that there's so much going on it's hard to actually grasp what it's all about unless one goes through your back-story... Even after doing so, I don't actually see too much in this MOC that would remind me of pancakes - to be perfectly honest, from the pics you've posted, I can't make out where the pancakes are supposed to be. And that's a shame because it's such an original concept (befitting a true entrepreneur!)

While I totally enjoy the concept of having two levels and also depicting the underwater flora & fauna, I was a bit disappointed to find out that there's nothing actually going on in this nice submarine world that would relate to the story and be a part of it. Even though it's nicely done, I really think you should have considered adding a twist to your story as a sort of "excuse" to have such a vast part of your MOC situated below sea level.

Wow this MOC is great. I love the minifigs and the use of shields as mini tables. To me the under and upper water looks is total winage! I like how crowded this MOC is, but where are the pancakes?

Edited by badboytje88

Wow this MOC is great. I love the minifigs and the use of shields as mini tables. To me the under and upper water looks is total winage! I like how crowded this MOC is, but where are the pancakes?

In answer to your question:

THE EXCUSE VERSION:

the cook is still baking them in his new extended kitchen (the captain's cabin is torn out for the big oven) one with bananas, one with apple and one plain

THE REAL VERSION

the round yellow plates I ordered haven't arrived yet...

thanks for all the responses! They are really appreciated.

THE EXCUSE VERSION: /snip/

Good save! So that's why I couldn't see any pancakes there... You've definitely been a bad influence though mate! I'd really love some pancakes right now and I'll make sure I'll cook some first thing in the morning :)

Edited by TheOtters

A very interesting entry you have here. I do admire the fact that you have attempted the 'below sealevel' effect, which can be hard to pull off. Also the way you have attempted to recreated the hull of the ship underwater is also a very good try as its not the easiest thing to do. Great work on all of the details that you have crammed in below the waves, and above :pir-classic: Topped of with a quirky story :pir_laugh2: Great entry :pir-classic:

Wow, this is a nice piece of work Stanley Kbrick! I really liked seeing how you've given the MOC two layers, one above and the other below the water line.

Look forward to seeing this blogged @ Classic-Pirates.com's frontpage in the near future!

blogged.png

Wow, I have never seen a clear basplate, and those underwater effects are just unbelievable.

I admit from the top it looks a bit odd, since the terans plates can only go so far, but wow, the underwater shot is just amazing.

Great work!!

So here I am really happy that I've been frontpaged on Eurobricks with my fisherman's house for the Community build.

I'll click on the classic-pirates.com frontpage (where I never come since I enter this part of the internet through eurobricks) and I find out that my own "pirate pancakes" moc has been frontpaged as well (but more than a week ago and its already dripped down to "older posts")

Wouldn't it be great to let people know that they are being frontpaged? In that way they are able to enjoy it!

Anyway I'm really happy that my mocs are being appreciated.

cheers

Stanley Kbrick