Darth Legolas

Millenium Falcon...

Do you want a new millenium falcon?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. It's been 6 years!

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely! I'd love a $100 Falcon.

UCS is way too big, and the midi scale one is a joke.

Well said. The UCS was a kick to the coin purse. And the midi was a waste LEGO resources in pretty much every way I can currently think of.

Doubt anyone does. It's a small, dinky model that sits on your desk. I think it's a great set. That said, I'd love to see another Falcon playset and would buy it for sure, just highly doubt it would happen. Legos like most other toy waves, come out, stay for a period of time and disappear. Particularly if the 4504 is considered part of the 'current' OT fleshie line.

Seems like a waste to me.

We are complaining that it's been a long time since LEGO produced a regular sized Falcon with minifigs.

The midiscal is literally just a model, the UCS is well the UCS, expensive and huge.

We want a set the size of maybe the ISD, for like $120. That'd be my ideal Falcon set.

Why does everyone hate the midi-falcon?

I personallly don't hate it. But it seems overpriced to me. In the US it's $40 for 350 pieces (no minifigs) with dimensions of 9x6x3 (IIRC). That just doesn't do it for me. It does look nice, but I don't think that it's worth $40. The max I would pay for it would probably be $25.

I have the first 2 falcons, so a third system falcon isn't really something I'm dying for Lego to make, but I wouldn't be upset at all if they did. It's such a popular ship, I'm kind of surprised they haven't made another $100 one despite the fact that they made a UCS falcon. I think a system falcon would still sell exceptionally well. The first 2 sure did.

Edited by Destroydacre

I dont but here in New Zealand it is quite over priced for what it is. It is a nice ship but I think for me the cons outweigh the pros.

After I bought the new mini TIE Fighter, I was wondering if it was roughly in scale with the Midi Falcon. Thus, I am mildly curious about the set, but not so much that I'll pay $40 for it. If it goes to clearance for 1/2 price, I'll pick it up.

Not everyone does.

I love it and I hope for more midi-scale sets.

Here is my answer to the question asked in the thread : Why don't you build it yourself ? O_o

Moreover, 5 MF in 10 years (7190, 4504, 4488, 7778, 10179), with various sizes, isn't it enough ? :oh:

edit : I love 7778 too. It looks like a mini UCS. :wub:

Edited by Anio

You can get the 10179 for only 350 EURO, thats way lower then any other shop.

Just check my signature if you are interested.

I agree with Anio with liking the midi Falcon. It is small, so it can proudly sit on a desk, table, or shelf, yet at sight, anyone would be able so see its resemblance easily.

MOCing a system scale Falcon would sure be fun :thumbup:

Well, I gave in and bought the Midi. It's pretty good, neat and detailed, and in the cargo hold there's space for a minifig.

I still think that a system-scaled one is in order though, with interior and other stuff of that matter.

I love the tiny MF. I have two of them. One at work and one at home on display. The one at home is hanging on the wall. Since I just bought the UCS MF I will also put that on the wall. That is the ultimate set.

I would love to see a re release of 4504 or a new good looking system scaled Millenium Falcon, since i missed 4504 and 7190 because of my dark ages.

Absolutely! I'd love a $100 Falcon.

UCS is way too big, and the midi scale one is a joke.

i couldn't say it better. :thumbup:

I think no one does, but i think it is just an overpriced dusk collector. :tongue:

Here is my answer to the question asked in the thread : Why don't you build it yourself ? O_o

Moreover, 5 MF in 10 years (7190, 4504, 4488, 7778, 10179), with various sizes, isn't it enough ? :oh:

Well i would love to build one (in fact i am currently trying) but some parts are essential to build a MF properly, like the Cockpit windows or some techinc parts i dont have, not to mention the minifigures (especialy Chewie or C3PO). :hmpf_bad:

I almost forgot if TLC would Design a new MF, i hope they dont do it like 7190, it looked too much <insert that tiresome argument> for my taste.

Edited by Yreodred

I missed out on 4504 and thr UCS is WAY too expensive and I have no place to even build that beast! :tongue: The Millenium Falcon is my favorite SW ship and I would really love to get an affordable one.

I would love to get a minifig scale MF in the next few years. I agree with what some people mentioned a while ago. A episode 6 version with Lando and Nien Numb(new mold :thumbup: ) would be sweet, however I assume from a marketing standpoint a HanSolo version would probably sell better. Though everyone can instantly recognise the silhouette of the Falcon.

We will see I guess.

Going out of my Falcon mind!

Since a 4-seater cockpit is near impossible with out making another UCS. I'd love a 2-seater with seats side by side. :wub:

4504's cockpit needed work.

4504_28_han-chewie.jpg

From Future74's review

Edited by JCC1004

If there was a new one, I hope it is not a 100$ set actually. I have the 4504 version and "I find the lack of detail disturbing". At least a 1000 pieces more are neaded to mod it into something useful. So please no upgraded version of 4504. A 300$ set is something we can talk about, though.

I have 4504, and I'm not that big a fan of it. It's far too fragile to play with, even too fragile to sit on my shelf safely without routine maintenance. I realize that some fragility is essential to get a round shape out of lego, but the thing falls apart whenever I try to open the roof. It's also, as Zzz said, fairly un-detailed. It doesn't have the polished feel that some more recent SW sets have had.

I would love a new $100 falcon, made with the new parts and techniques that have been developed over the past six years. I would be able to harvest my 4504 for parts, and maybe actually be able to play with a falcon instead of just putting its landing gear back on now and then.

I love the Millennium Falcon and would be very happy to get yet another version regardless of which minifigures it would include. I didn't even know Lego made Star Wars sets back then and so missed out on the playsets. I do have the UCS version and the Midi and love them both dearly but a playset to put between them would be ideal for me.

I too am one of the many who would die for a new Millennium Falcon, And although it is a good idea to make it ROTJ with a Lando and Nien Numb (don't think that's how you spell it) I would prefer a remake of the Hoth Millennium Falcon with today's building techniques, I hope that if they do make one they will get rid of the escape pod that manages to find its way into every spaceship over $100 and put in a lot more detail, maybe use the trap door piece for smugglers compartments, and add some features to the falcon like a turret not only on the top, but on the bottom too. And I know its impossible, but retractable landing gear anyone?