lightningtiger

Are we getting a new service station soon ?

Took to a look though Bricklink and discovered this.

It is not even on Brickset yet.

Early 2009 saw the release of a 4-7 fire house, a cute $15au set. Hence from this we could say we might get a new service station as we ae getting a new fire station.

What does everyone think ? :classic:

Took to a look though Bricklink and discovered this.

It is not even on Brickset yet.

Early 2009 saw the release of a 4-7 fire house, a cute $15au set. Hence from this we could say we might get a new service station as we ae getting a new fire station.

What does everyone think ? :classic:

Wow, that's very nice for a "Basic" set - the cars are actually not at all bad. I may have to get it.

As for the service station, I'm still torn on whether I should get the 2007 one, since I have the one in Town Plan.

Edited by Sammael

It looks a lot better than this year's basic sets. And, a lime baseball cap!

Wow, that's very nice for a "Basic" set - the cars are actually not at all bad. I may have to get it.

As for the service station, I'm still torn on whether I should get the 2007 one, since I have the one in Town Plan.

I would if I was you. Just completed the 7993 for my son's Lego City and it's worth the money for a modern service station with car wash. It's also easy to modify too. :classic::thumbup:

... it's worth the money for a modern service station with car wash. It's also easy to modify too.

My thoughts exactly. 7993 has some very nice features and is not too expensive, which makes it a top-notch set.

This is a great Basic set. The red car is too good to be a Basic one. It's like a City set vehicle :thumbup: and its style reminds of the Town Plan cars.

I must agree both with lightningtiger and my neighbour on the 7993. It's a great Service Station and the good thing is that it can be modified or even lower the roof for a more classic town feeling.

Been on a hunt for as much imformation on this 5898 set.

Lego's own web site - blank.

Google - blank.

Peeron - blank.

OMG there's nothing on this set !

Might just send an email direct to lego and ask.

My thoughts exactly. 7993 has some very nice features and is not too expensive, which makes it a top-notch set.

Yes, but combined with the one from Town Plan, it might be a bit redundant.

I currently have no less than three service stations in my town, all with carwash, and it's getting a bit much.

Then again, that could lead to some interesting competitive storylines. Possibly involving the mob. Hmm...

The red car was on one of the pics of a convention where 2010 sets were presented. We had some debate in the City 2010 thread about whether it was the - what we now know is - 'Smart' car for 2010. I guess this is a set in the series 6191-6193 Fire/Pirate/Castle Building set. Looks like a nice step-up to the City line for younger kids.

Great find! This set looks really nice for a basic set, with two cars and a new hat! :wub:

Edited by prateek

Aww I thought 7993 successor when I clicked the link.

But then, the vehicles aren't too bad. I hope its $10US like the other basic sets.

Heyho,

I like it too! Nice simple 4-wide cars like in former days! Playability looks great and I guess it won't be very expensive. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

^I think current LEGO cars still fall within 4-wide category :sweet: so these 2 vehicles can fit right within the big-bad 6 wide trucks of LEGO City just fine.

Interesting find there, yes well it is a basic set like the Pirate and Castle ones in the catalog

What interests me is the lime green cap he is wearing :oh:

The red car was on one of the pics of a convention where 2010 sets were presented. We had some debate in the City 2010 thread about whether it was the - what we now know is - 'Smart' car for 2010. I guess this is a set in the series 6191-6193 Fire/Pirate/Castle Building set. Looks like a nice step-up to the City line for younger kids.

Oh yes, I remember that! :laugh::grin:

Here is the photo, strait from the largest LEGO City 2010 gallery:

city_.h.png

That's a sweet little set, I'd pick that up. 2 vehicles and a little gas pump. nice.

Been on a hunt for as much imformation on this 5898 set.

Lego's own web site - blank.

Google - blank.

Peeron - blank.

OMG there's nothing on this set !

Might just send an email direct to lego and ask.

I saw it in a dealercatalog of my lego dealer, so I can confirm to you it's real :wink:

I saw it in a dealercatalog of my lego dealer, so I can confirm to you it's real :wink:

I found the photo on a Bricklink site, it was for sale there.

I saw this post last night and liked the looks of this set, so I had to sign up here today to tell you that I saw this set at a Toys R Us store tonight here in Wisconsin. I was very excited to find it. They also had another small set like this, sorry, didn't get the number, but it had pieces to put together one car, a building facade w/ door and window, and two min-figs (man and a woman). These two new little sets seem like a much better value than the fire truck set from last year, which was a great little set, but these are better! I'm sure my 4 year old will love these sets when he gets them next month in his stocking.

I saw this post last night and liked the looks of this set, so I had to sign up here today to tell you that I saw this set at a Toys R Us store tonight here in Wisconsin. I was very excited to find it. They also had another small set like this, sorry, didn't get the number, but it had pieces to put together one car, a building facade w/ door and window, and two min-figs (man and a woman). These two new little sets seem like a much better value than the fire truck set from last year, which was a great little set, but these are better! I'm sure my 4 year old will love these sets when he gets them next month in his stocking.

Okay, now that's another one for me to hunt down.

These seem they have more in them, so does that mean they are going to be dearer ?

If they are both $14.99au - cool - they be worth getting both sets for the parts and minifigs too.