Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Spanish Imperial Galleon - Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion

Simply amazing what two people can do, as is what they can create.

The ship is beautiful, lifelike details are everywhere. But I have a question, does the wheel actually turn the rudder? I men, there are ropes leading into the ship...

Edited by Striker

WOW! AMAZING! Quick question, do you know what set the "Pearl Gold Cone 1 x 1 with Top Groove" came from? I did not know that this existed until now.

Thanks

GREAT WORK :pir-classic:

Hmm, maybe what is needed here is an inverted slope which is two bricks high, but those slopes do not exist in inverted form (yet).

Here is a link to the non-inverted slope brick: linky to BL catalog

I'll have to think about an alternative to this non existing brick.

Yes, such a brick might do the trick. It would be a very useful part, too bad it doesn't exist.

The ship is beautiful, lifelike details are everywhere. But I have a question, does the wheel actually turn the rudder? I men, there are ropes leading into the ship...

No, that's just for the show, the rudder doesn't really work.

Quick question, do you know what set the "Pearl Gold Cone 1 x 1 with Top Groove" came from? I did not know that this existed until now.

It's only in one Bellvile set:

7586-1.jpg

I am truly amazed by this!

This creations remind me of great past times when my brother and I were conquering ports and ships with our lego ship!

Gorgeous!

This awesome! I don't know much about beautiful pirate ships, but I do now this is probably the best one! :pir-blush: The colors are really wonderful, everything fits so perfectly together. The subtle hints of color make it outstanding, most of the time I see nice ships but they are all in the same brown. It really breaks the monotony. The sails are wondefully done. The ship itself is marvelous, the angles make it very nice and I like the cabin. Great job! :thumbup:

A real masterpiece, I LOVE how it looks, that's very accurate , and all the details on the deck just make it perfect :thumbup:

But Bonaparte, You ever think of selling, Im open! :thumbup:

Fat chance Joey :pir-tongue:

Edited by Ratshot

Thats a breathtaking work! Its one of the best Lego-sailers I' ve ever saw! With all that color and texture, thats outstanding and absolut fantastic :pir-cry_happy:

Excellent work guys!

I really like the color work and shape. This really does look like a Spanish ship of that time!

I almost think it has become a Eurobricks requirement to do your own rigging now- Phred might have started that tradition but you two have really done a good job with it.

I also like the sails. Very time period appropriate. What material do you usually use for the sails Greeny? (I ask Greeny because I know he has made several sails of this similar type before)

If only it were a little wider! I suppose there isn't much one can do about that when working with the prefabbed hulls, especially when you did such a good job with the shape- that is perhaps my one complaint. I can see a few places where you had to hack down the size to make it work- but it did work with the overall shape very well indeed!

It looks really good guys! I really like your colourscheme, sails, and the pig. :pir-tongue:

The figurehead looks a bit weird though. It was probably supposed to be a statue (hence the fleshie) but it looks odd. :pir-sceptic:

Nevertheless a great ship!

Can we maybe see another ship build by you two on the horizon? :pir-cry_happy:

Because of you guys I never want to build anything. I think thats a compliment in a sad, sad way.

-martinsuper

Mr Doom & Gloom :pir_laugh2: Dont be so hard on yourself! I think you did a great job on your port, so keep on building!:pir-classic:

I'm not a huge fan of LEGO Pirates, but this ship is absolutely stunning! :pir-wub:

All of the rigging and sails are beautifully made, and I just love every aspect of it!

Captain Green Hair and Bonaparte present:

The Spanish Imperial Galleon Nuestra Señora de la Concepción

pic05.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your feedback :classic:

WOW!!

I am impressed!

Just excellent work!

What do I like about it?

She has nice lines!

Your great use of color!

That she has a spritmast! with a sprit-topsail!!

try1

mizbow.jpg

try2

1164637873.jpg

If you don't see the drawing of a sprit-topsail try this link:

http://www.in-arch.net/Sqrigg/galleon.html

and scroll down to the drawing named "mizzen topsail and sprit-topsail"

This site is blocking linking to it's drawings.

(I do wish that your spritsail was set though!)

Keep-up the great work!

kurt

Edited by RTN LNA

As far as I know, the "Nuestra Senora de la Conception" was the Treasure ship captured by Francis Drake on his first major journey in march 1579.

Some observations:

-The Lego Armarda flag on the 3rd mast (it isnt called mizzenmast on a four master, is it?) seems not very harmonic to me

I can answer this.

The 3rd mast of a larger 4 (or more) masted Sixteenth Century galleons is called

the Mizzen-mast or the Main-mizzen-mast

The 4th mast is called the Bonaventure-mizzen

and a fifth mast would be called the Jigger-mast which also means the last mast on most ships

A source here.

in case anyone wanted to know.

kurt

(I do wish that your spritsail was set though!)

If I release the sail it can be set, it's a full sail we made.

Keep-up the great work!

Thanks! And I'm hoping you are also working on a new ship. I'm for sure looking forward to it.

in case anyone wanted to know.

I sure do. And that's an interesting article as well.

If I release the sail it can be set, it's a full sail we made.

Cool, sometime take a picture of it!

Thanks! And I'm hoping you are also working on a new ship. I'm for sure looking forward to it.

Well there is a story!

The other TexLUG guys were "yanking my chain" (I wonder how old that phase is?)

"I'd be really good if all I built was one thing (ie. ships) all the time."

So they always are doing city/train MOCs for the shows, so I tried my hand

at the new Cafe Corner Buildings (new to me, they aren't even 4 years old!)

I built a number of cafe corner compatible buildings

finishing with A Taste of New Orleans

for Brickworld 2009.

And now I am MOCing the first railroad in Texas the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railway

see here on eurobricks Old Swaybacked Flatcar (No Freeloading!) my first train MOC

and here on eurobricks BBB&C "new" 4-2-0 and Class A Shay locomotives my first Locomotive MOCs

I don't think train guys like them...

I am working on another "over-the-top" city MOC (for brickworld 2010, I hope)

someday I'll come back to my ships.

kurt

Your other MOCs are also nice, but I do hope you'll get back to ships in the near future. However, I can fully understand that one cannot always make ships and a break from ship building is needed from time to time. I'm still working on 2 ship projects (one of them is almost finished), but onces those are ready I'm planning to make something land-based (maybe a coastal town). Also the HMS Prince of Wales is planned to go to the dock for an update (adding some more rigging, details on deck and change a thing or two). As long as we keep ourselves busy :pir-classic:

WOW this is the BEST SHIP i have ever seen!!! nothing compares to this work!!Wonderful.I love everything about it,the colours,the size,sails,deck,everything...lots of awesome details and really realistic look

WOW this is the BEST SHIP i have ever seen!!! no

Again thanks for all the wonderful comments! :pir-classic:

Because of you guys I never want to build anything. I think thats a compliment in a sad, sad way.

-martinsuper

Don't be so hard on yourself man, my first ships didn't look like this either.

Just keep on building, it is the only way to learn!

Cool, sometime take a picture of it!

Well there is a story!

The other TexLUG guys were "yanking my chain" (I wonder how old that phase is?)

"I'd be really good if all I built was one thing (ie. ships) all the time."

So they always are doing city/train MOCs for the shows, so I tried my hand

at the new Cafe Corner Buildings (new to me, they aren't even 4 years old!)

I built a number of cafe corner compatible buildings

finishing with A Taste of New Orleans

for Brickworld 2009.

And now I am MOCing the first railroad in Texas the Buffalo Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railway

see here on eurobricks Old Swaybacked Flatcar (No Freeloading!) my first train MOC

and here on eurobricks BBB&C "new" 4-2-0 and Class A Shay locomotives my first Locomotive MOCs

I don't think train guys like them...

I am working on another "over-the-top" city MOC (for brickworld 2010, I hope)

kurt

Yeah i know what you mean, i like to build other things sometimes as well.

Building other things also gives a new challenges and you might learn stuff you can later on use in other projects as well.

Wow, I just found this, she turned out as a beauty of a ship, one of my favorites so far, the rigging is masterful and those sails and flags must've taken forever, lol. excellent work! :pir-grin: