Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Infection - Introduction & Signup

infection_banner_simple.jpg

The year is 2258. The Tellus Union Kosmosfahrer Gagarin, tasked with exploring potential new worlds for colonization has arrived in the Ver-Ziji system. Aboard the Ship are beings from many races, humanoid and non-humanoid, all working together in harmony, despite earlier conflicts and differences. Well, mostly in harmony. :devil:

01.jpg

As the planet Ver-Ziji 4 seemed very promising on long-range scans it was decided to send down a scout team to further investigate.

02.jpg

On the planet's surface the scout team had several interesting discoveries such as magnificent crystal formations, weird plants.

03.jpg

And some strange, red, wormlike aliens.

04.jpg

That showed signs of being sentient. So it was decided to take some specimens aboard the Gagarin for further study.

05.jpg

Some time later, several light-hours away from Ver-Ziji 4, Dr. Spencer Feynman was working late, studying the aliens from Ver-Ziji 4.

06.jpg

The aliens were most peculiar, seemingly completely neutral genetically speaking, and should thus be capable of reacting with all kinds of lifeforms.

07.jpg

As Spencer pondered this he felt a strong urge to grab the alien and look very close at it.

08.jpg

To the degree of having the alien forcing itself onto him and bonding with him.

09.jpg

Feeling fine. In fact, feeling stronger, more aggressive, like he could take on the Universe the newly Infected Spencer left the lab to search for and free his captured brethren..

So, signup for Infection is hereby open. It will not be first-come, first-serve, the signup thread will be open for 72 hours, until 2nd of November, 23:59 UTC. (or just 72 hours from the time of this post if you prefer :tongue:) And there are a total of 21 player slots in the game.

Infection will use the regular rules for mafia games, including Dragonator's proposed "no voting for the first 24 hours" rule.

Each Day the players can convict one player that will be thrown out an airlock. Voting is done by Vote: Character name / Player name, unvoting by Unvote: Character name / Player name. Votes must be in bold to be counted.

Each game "Day" will last a maximum of 96 hours. There are no "sudden death" rules, but having a Day end without a conviction is Bad, Very Bad. "Night" will last a maximum of 48 hours.

All the usual rules apply too, of course:

• No editing of posts. Do this more than 3 times and you will be killed. No exceptions.
  • No unvoting after a conviction has been reached. Do it once, warning. Do it twice, and you'll be killed.
  • OOC posting should be kept in the discussion thread
  • References to past games are however both allowed and in fact encouraged (if done properly.)
  • No metagaming please :classic:

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. :classic:

I've been following Mystical Castle and learned how these games work. :grin: I know I'm a noob but I'd like to give this a try. I just finished a very busy phase, so I should have time for this!

Sign me up!

I'd like to play. :classic:

Let's hope you don't get crushed by a chandelier the role of Peter again, because I will seek out undying revenge, you heart-breaker.... :devil:

:tongue:

Kidding, kidding.

You're still the one and only Petey. :wub::laugh:

Edited by Striker

I.... I'd like to sign up please.

Oh god here we go again... :hmpf:

Let's hope you don't get crushed by a chandelier the role of Peter again, because I will seek out undying revenge, you heart-breaker.... :devil:

Kidding, kidding.

You're still the one and only Petey. :wub::laugh:

Hell no, I'm not hooking up with you again! I don't care how much cleavage you flash! :laugh: (If you're a girl..)

You can still flash.. I don't mind. :devil: But no hooking up! :tongue:

I've been craving some wargame fun :classic:

It's a Mafia Game. :wink:

Oh and good story Quarryman it reminds me of Stargate SG-1 (Probable because alien species is like Symbiote)

Edited by Darth_Legois

Ah, give YG a break. I think he's learned from Noir. :wink:

Look, just don't be reckless, act like me. It seems I'm just luckynaturally good pretty good at winning Mafia games. Maybe it's my characters... First, I'm a devilishly handsome hitman, then I'm a phsyco maid... What next? A brilliant, yet wimpy, scientist with the ability to slap people like an angry monkey? :laugh:

Edited by Striker

Oh god here we go again... :hmpf:

I say... I mess one game up and you've all got a lifelong grudge on me.

Could you please include me in this game as well? How many people do you need to play to fill the game up?

Ah, good question, I should have written that there are 21 slots.

I say... I mess one game up and you've all got a lifelong grudge on me.

Forgive me for asking, but as I wasn't in Noir I am curious, what did you do to inherit this 'lifelong grudge'?

Forgive me for asking, but as I wasn't in Noir I am curious, what did you do to inherit this 'lifelong grudge'?

Here. (He edited the first post but look acouple down to see what he originally wrote)

YG I added a :tongue: at the end. :wink: I'm sure you've learned from your mistake by now. :classic:

*Hopes he makes 21*

If there's room, sign me up!

There's room! :sweet:

Yay!

We so far have an awesome group together here! All we need is Hinckley, and Shadows, and we'll be guranteed a good game. :wink: