1. 1. On a scale of one to 5.

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

indexed.gif

Hi

The Emperor has ordered that you must stop the rebels from taking over Endor but the rebels have too many soldiers fighting your troops. There is only one thing you can do, you must bring out the new Imperial Speeder Bike. Race across the ground on Endor with the new Speeder and complete the task. You control the action with the new Imperial Speeder Bike.

Set Data

Name: Imperial Speeder Bike

Theme: Star Wars

Number: 30005

Year: 2009

Pieces: 33

Minifigs: 1

Price: Free with the Daily Mirror which costed 75p

Brickset

Brickshelf

The Polybag

100_1428.jpg

The Front shows us this nice picture of the speeder racing through the forests on Endor. What I don't get is, why did lego put on the Clone Wars banner on the front of the polybag.

100_1413.jpg

The back of this lovely bag has a load of writing saying stuff like the copyright agreements but that is nothing special to you right now.

The Instructions

100_1415.jpg

100_1588.jpg

The instructions clearly demonstrate what to do, so no problems here. I think they are printed in good quality so no complaints at all.

The Minifigure

100_1238.jpg

The stormtrooper here looks awsome, he makes this set worth getting. He is of great quality and the painting on him is perfect. The only thing that could make the minifigure better is if he had printed legs, but that is very unlikely.

100_1245.jpg

The back of this stormtrooper is great too, it is just like the other stormtroopers. Nothing to complain about here.

The Pieces

100_1280.jpg

Here you can see the great range of pieces this set offers. If you are planning on building a bigger bike than this is great and it is also good for just useful pieces. With two binoculars, two axes, two guns and two brown sticks, this set is good for the pieces.

The Build

100_1249.jpg

Here you can see the early stages of the build. I think it is coming along nicely.

100_1253.jpg

Here you can see the build in a process where the model is almost complete. I think at this point the set looks strange without the brown rods but it is still coming together nicely.

The Complete Set Without The Figure

100_1267.jpg

This shot shows you the speeder from the front. I understand why Ewok's are so scared of these bikes.

100_1262.jpg

This side on view shows you just how long it is, it is not very long.

100_1266.jpg

Here is a view from the back. Yeah If I was an Ewok I would prefer standing behind the speeder. You can see TLC has added some good details like the exhaust pipe on the back here.

The Complete Set With The Figure

100_1269.jpg

100_1275.jpg

100_1274.jpg

This set is great without the figure but the figure makes it look that bit more special.

Conclusion

Design: 10/10 (I love the design and I don't think it be any better)

Price: 10/10 (Well it was free)

Minifigures: 8/10 (It was good to get a stormtrooper but a scout trooper would have been better)

Playability: 7/10 (Lots of playability, you can zoom it all around the living room)

Parts: 10/10 (What better pieces can you ask for in such a small set)

Overall 9/10 (It is a great little set that is good for any Star Wars fan)

Great review, I really liek the smaller sets where you can list all the pieces up nicely like that.

pictures are looking good. I look forward to your next review.

Great Review Eskallon :thumbup:

I really like this set! (can't wait till I get mine!)

The pics are great and I agree with Big Cam (not that I do Reviews but) it is nice when you can see all the parts right there. :thumbup:

Well done!

CommanderFox

Nice review, unfortunately myself and all of my fellow Canadian EB members will never be able to get our hands on these great items.

I don't think Canada has ever got any exclusive sets or promos :sceptic:

Its a nice set and I would love to have about 50 or so of these.

Edited by Ratshot

I bought two speederbikes today, each for 1,50 € (~1,88 USD) in a toyshop in Austria. The bike itself looks kind of silly and of course a Scouttrooper would be more appropriate but the Stormtrooper you get instead is great (and you also get these binoculars).

For this price I don't have much to complain.

Good review btw. :classic:

Nice review!

For a freebie, this has to be among the best sets LEGO has done. The design is the typical 'Eh, maybe I'd get it if the price is right', but since it's free, you just can't argue with a nice selection of pieces and a good ol' Stormie.

I bought two speederbikes today, each for 1,50 € (~1,88 USD) in a toyshop in Austria. The bike itself looks kind of silly and of course a Scouttrooper would be more appropriate but the Stormtrooper you get instead is great (and you also get these binoculars).

For this price I don't have much to complain.

Good review btw. :classic:

Nice! Could you tell me where? I live in Austria myself and I´d really like to get some of these too, if the shop is anywhere near my location.

Nice review btw!

Edited by Eichhorn

Nice! Could you tell me where? I live in Austria myself and I´d really like to get some of these too, if the shop is anywhere near my location.

Nice review btw!

I bought it in Innsbruck, here's a link to the shop:

http://www.heiss.co.at/shop.html

Edited by Dr.Butcher