Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor - Chapter 6

*Shouts from the basement*

Check Rudy's books!

I'd like to look at the space where Fassier was held captive, please.

Above anything else, I would say we need a different perspective on this - Baker! Father! Wake up!

Right! The basement! That's where the treasure has to be!

Just before everything went dark, I privately asked the Father to let me read the last few pages of the journal, and as I have a photographic memory, I'll quote them now:

"13th June, 1886: My guides refuse to continue on, seemingly concerned for their safety as we near the sacred temple. Obviously it's nothing more than local superstition and mumbo jumbo, but there is no reasoning with them. As a result, I will be making the final part of the trip on my own, mapping my progress as I go."

"18th June, 1886: I cannot being to describe the horrors that I have seen, but I have begun to believe that I am beset with madness. The whispers are getting louder, I can almost hear them forming words in my mind, evil words..."

"20th June, 1886: It's mine, it's finally mine, and it's more than I'd ever imagined! NO! I will not share it! I don't care what you say, you can't convince me. Why won't these damn voices stop screaming in my head?"

The rest of the journal was filled with unintelligible writing: a mixture of scratches and babbling, like it's writer had gone completely mad.

Whatever this treasure is, I suggest we be careful. I'm starting to suspect that Lord Faisser is under it's influence...

Thank you Baker, that is most interesting. I didn't get to read it, but it sure sounds strange, and confirms there is something up here. Clearly, this treasure is dangerous, we shall have to tread cautiously. I for one don't know where we should go now, but I agree we need to look around some more and try to get to the bottom this situation. Our host is clearly mad and either out to get us or so far gone that he could turn on anyone. We should be careful, and stay as a group. We can return to the basement, or we could look around one of the rooms we haven't visited up here yet. I don't mind either way, as long as nobody starts punching me again. I am still waiting on a confession for that.

I would like to inspect the mathematics problems in Rudy's notebook, there may be some clue hidden in the workings on that page, perhaps a code or something.

Baker, have you been taking any mecication I should know about? :hmpf:

Honestly, if you're trying to lead us off track, it's not working.

Baker, have you been taking any mecication I should know about? :hmpf:

Honestly, if you're trying to lead us off track, it's not working.

Indeed, take whatever Baker says with a grain of salt. However, it could be very true. The treasure has to have something to do with this.

"18th June, 1886: I cannot being to describe the horrors that I have seen, but I have begun to believe that I am beset with madness. The whispers are getting louder, I can almost hear them forming words in my mind, evil words..."

The rest of the journal was filled with unintelligible writing: a mixture of scratches and babbling, like it's writer had gone completely mad.

Baker, I know you mean well, but if this is true, than Faisser was driven insane over forty-five years ago, since this game [of life] takes place in the 30's. I can't help but doubt this.

EDIT: Im sorry, I forgot I was dead.

Edited by Eskallon

Ooh my, I'm seeing visions of my Rexie... :tongue:

Poor young thing, blinded by her love of her poor deceased Mr. Harbor. :sadnew:

My condolences.

However, if we can figure this thing out, I'll humor the treasure-hunting, blood-sucking, smack-talking lawyer.

Poor young thing, blinded by her love of her poor deceased Mr. Harbor. :sadnew:

My condolences.

However, if we can figure this thing out, I'll humor the treasure-hunting, blood-sucking, smack-talking lawyer.

Sounds fun. :tongue:

Sounds fun. :tongue:

I'm sorry, madame, I'm afraid I don't understand what's fun about going treasure-hunting with a lawyer.

I'm sorry, madame, I'm afraid I don't understand what's fun about going treasure-hunting with a lawyer.

On the contrary, mi'lord, that sounds like the kind of romp perfectly suited to those new talking films I hear the MGM is developing. What next, color? :tongue:

Now, on a more relevant note, what are we supposed to be looking for? It's strange, all this stuff is going on in this manor but we don't have any clear objectives.

On the contrary, mi'lord, that sounds like the kind of romp perfectly suited to those new talking films I hear the MGM is developing. What next, color? :tongue:

Now, on a more relevant note, what are we supposed to be looking for? It's strange, all this stuff is going on in this manor but we don't have any clear objectives.

I agree. we seem to all be running in diffrent directions. I think this should be our priorities:

1: Find Faisser.

2: Check everywhere for clues against Rudy.

3: Find the treasure

4: get the heck outta here! :tongue:

I suppose we ought to. Since we have a light with us this time, we ought to give the basement a much more thorough search.

While Morrison's looking under the stairs, I would like to search where Faisser was captured, and someone ought to open a crate or two, as well as tap the one odd wall.

I think I'd prefer to go home before I go treasure-hunting with Baker, actually. Go on ahead and get yourselves killed, I don't mind. But I'm going to proceed with caution!

I think I'd prefer to go home before I go treasure-hunting with Baker, actually. Go on ahead and get yourselves killed, I don't mind. But I'm going to proceed with caution!

Yeah, I'll proceed with caution aswell.

Er...it was Morrison's idea to return to the basement. Baker, Clarence, and even the voice of our God have been notoriously silent as of late.

Er...it was Morrison's idea to return to the basement. Baker, Clarence, and even the voice of our God have been notoriously silent as of late.

I meant going "treasure-hunting" with Baker. I don't mind going down to the basement. And I also menat that I'll proceed with caution throughout this whole ordeal.

Er... can I check the place under the stairs now, please?

The place under the stairs is filled with cobwebs and that's about it.

I suppose we ought to. Since we have a light with us this time, we ought to give the basement a much more thorough search.

While Morrison's looking under the stairs, I would like to search where Faisser was captured, and someone ought to open a crate or two, as well as tap the one odd wall.

The place where Faisser was captured is simple. There is a blanket, a few sheets of paper, some destroyed rope, and a plate with some crumbs on it.

A search of the crates reveals a lot of old looking documents.

The odd wall remains as solid as ever, though, looking at it closely shows that it is built out a slightly different color of rock than the rest of the basement.

The group gathers back at the stairwell and storage room, where Thomas hangs his head in defeat. "We've just hit a ton of dead ends." He says sadly, before they hear a creak from upstairs. Thomas looks up the stairwell and is shocked to see the door at the top opened.

"My god. We've finally found a new clue. Everyone, go prepare to go back upstairs. Meet back here in an hour." The group scurries off.

SEND IN NIGHT ACTIONS FOLKS

There's a place under the stairs? :wacko:

I assumed his prison was there- must have been mistaken.

The place where Faisser was captured is simple. There is a blanket, a few sheets of paper, some destroyed rope, and a plate with some crumbs on it.

A search of the crates reveals a lot of old looking documents.

The odd wall remains as solid as ever, though, looking at it closely shows that it is built out a slightly different color of rock than the rest of the basement.

The group gathers back at the stairwell and storage room, where Thomas hangs his head in defeat. "We've just hit a ton of dead ends." He says sadly, before they hear a creak from upstairs. Thomas looks up the stairwell and is shocked to see the door at the top opened.

"My god. We've finally found a new clue. Everyone, go prepare to go back upstairs. Meet back here in an hour." The group scurries off.

SEND IN NIGHT ACTIONS FOLKS

Sure, I've asked three times, and after waiting patiently, I don't get to search it. :hmpf: