Duq

EB Tech Help

Apologies if there is an existing topic about this, I couldn't find one.

Every now and then a number of topics get the red 'Unread post' icon. When I click the icon there appear to be no new posts in the topic.

Is this a known issue?

I'm reading the forum in Firefox on Windows XP.

Edited by Duq

I find that the new poll icons don't really go away that often especially if I haven't been on since the day before. It doesnt really bother me that much though

If you've read a topic and go to "Active Topics", everything is marked unread. If you go to "New Posts" everything is marked unread. Unless you stick to one and keep refreshing, these will always reset every session.

Hope this helped. :wink:

EDIT: Yay! 300th post!

Yup, that should do it.

:thumbup:

Nope. It just happened again:

3 threads were marked unread. I opened one, read the latest post and went back to the list by clicking 'Train Tech' in the breadcrumbs at the top of the page.

Now 2 more threads were marked unread, though there were no new posts since I last opened them.

I've refreshed the list by hitting F5 and then by clicking 'Train Tech' again but those two threads remained 'unread'.

Could be that the cookies (or whatever cruncy treat stores the data of this sort nowadays), are getting deleted in-between, so the computer marks them as unread again.

PC Geekoids, keep yer heads on, I'm just too lazy to go into detail.

Stauder.

As the title says, I've been having problems with EB pages shrinking. This just happened to me yesterday, and isn't the first time.

While posting, I accidentally hit a key (or combination of keys), and the page suddenly shifted and shrunk. I noticed that the top line in my text box was cut in half horizontally (the top part of the letters were missing), and now I can't get any pages to return to normal size. The text is smaller, and the emoticons are small and blurry (and some partially cut off). I can't tell if any pictures are smaller than usual, but the banner seems larger. The whole layout seems like it change to a format for larger monitors.

I tried refreshing the page, closing the browser, restarting the computer, switching to liner, standard, and outline modes, but nothing has worked. And yes, I'm sure it's not my eyes. :tongue:

If someone could help explain or change the pages back, I would be really thankful. :thumbup:

As the title says, I've been having problems with EB pages shrinking. This just happened to me yesterday, and isn't the first time.

While posting, I accidentally hit a key (or combination of keys), and the page suddenly shifted and shrunk. I noticed that the top line in my text box was cut in half horizontally (the top part of the letters were missing), and now I can't get any pages to return to normal size. The text is smaller, and the emoticons are small and blurry (and some partially cut off). I can't tell if any pictures are smaller than usual, but the banner seems larger. The whole layout seems like it change to a format for larger monitors.

I tried refreshing the page, closing the browser, restarting the computer, switching to liner, standard, and outline modes, but nothing has worked. And yes, I'm sure it's not my eyes. :tongue:

If someone could help explain or change the pages back, I would be really thankful. :thumbup:

Scroll down Up while pressing the ctrl key.

Edited by Captain M

Are you sure it isn't a browser issue? I do this all the time with mine. (Opera) Does it affect other non-EB pages?

Scroll down Up while pressing the ctrl key.

That did it! Thanks very much!

Are you sure the problem isn't you keep temporarily becoming a giant?

Pretty sure. I was getting worried I'd need new prescriptions. :tongue:

Are you sure it isn't a browser issue? I do this all the time with mine. (Opera) Does it affect other non-EB pages?

No, I don't think it affected other pages. I use Firefox.

EDIT: Now I see what you mean about the banners (in topics about banners). when I zoom out, more of the banner gets added in, and vice versa.

That did it! Thanks very much!

No problem. I remember when I had a similar problem with this as well. Having shortcuts around is a blessing.

=]

Ctrl-0 (zero) usually sets it to normal, while Ctrl-+ (plus) and Ctrl-- (minus) zoom in/out. But Ctrl-scroll button does the same. Just harder to get to the normal (Ctrl-0) setting.

Ya the Ctrl and scroll thing is a Microsoft feature for quickly zooming in or out on a webpage.

Ya the Ctrl and scroll thing is a Microsoft feature for quickly zooming in or out on a webpage.

Not really, seeing as it works on all Macs as well.

Well, I don't really have a specific name for it, but my computer seems to be having some minor problems when I post. Making the post is fine, that's not the problem.

1--I click the button to submit the post, and it seems fine.

2--I go back to the Forums homepage.

3--It still says the person before me was the last to post, when I just did.

Example: I just replyed to Forresto in the 2010 SW Pictures and Rumors Thread, and on the 'Eurobricks Forums' page, it still says Forresto was the last one to post.

This is getting pretty annoying for me, so does anybody know if there is something I can do about it? Refreshing the page doesn't work.

I just made a post in "Star Wars sets anyone?" and it shows my user name. It's has to be a problem with your computer. Have you closed your web browser and re-open it. If that doesn't work I'd reboot your computer. If that doesn't do anything I'd suggest getting a hold of an Admin. :wink:

If that doesn't do anything I'd suggest getting a hold of an Admin. :wink:[/b][/color]

Admin here! :tongue:

Well it doesn't seem to be a website issue... but it's easy to test. Make a post and PM me, and I'll tell you what I see.

Well, I don't really have a specific name for it, but my computer seems to be having some minor problems when I post. Making the post is fine, that's not the problem.

1--I click the button to submit the post, and it seems fine.

2--I go back to the Forums homepage.

3--It still says the person before me was the last to post, when I just did.

Example: I just replyed to Forresto in the 2010 SW Pictures and Rumors Thread, and on the 'Eurobricks Forums' page, it still says Forresto was the last one to post.

This is getting pretty annoying for me, so does anybody know if there is something I can do about it? Refreshing the page doesn't work.

Looks like the Website forum can't help your personal computer.

It sounds like you need to clear your cache. Give that a try and report back. Basically it seem like your computer isn't refreshing the page after you post, it's bringing the page up from memory so it says you haven't posted yet. If clearing your cahce doesn't work, and this problem just started, you may have a different problem, becasue by default your browser should do this.

Have you closed your web browser and re-open it. If that doesn't work I'd reboot your computer.
I tried those earlier, and neither worked.
Make a post and PM me, and I'll tell you what I see.
I guess I need to do that when you are logged on?
It sounds like you need to clear your cache.
Um...In simpler terms, please? :blush: That does sound right, though, that it is not updating the page and is instead loading from memory.

I guess I need to do that when you are logged on?

...or at least awake! :tongue:

post-1554-1261609658.png

It seems it's a local issue.

Um...In simpler terms, please? :blush: That does sound right, though, that it is not updating the page and is instead loading from memory.

What's your browser?

...or at least awake! :tongue:

What's your browser?

Sorry. I was wondering if you would be awake or not...

I guess it's Windows, if that's a browser. I'm not exactly an expert, and I don't really know what a lot of these things are.

This problem seems kind of random. It will show my name as the last poster for some, but not all of the threads I post in.