Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

Review: 7687 City Advent Calendar 2009

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Dear all,

yesterday me and my girlfriend went to Turku in Finland.

I'm visiting her since she is in Helsinki (Finland) for a few months for an internship.

In Turku, I finally found what had elluded me in Helsinki.

A toy-store! :classic: And they had the Pirate and City Advent Calendar!

Me and my girlfriend build the City Advent Calender just now. :classic:

Since my photoshop possibilities are limited here, you will have to do with the shots I could take.

So here are some photos.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Front view:

4015047104_ce3ec555c4.jpg

Front view open:

4014282787_f3861e596d.jpg

Top view with parts list:

4014283801_495fb39620.jpg

All sets build up:

4014281839_21262a51f2.jpg

Extra parts:

4015046158_e9ba8ba17e.jpg

Edited by Rick
Indexed

Thank you for the nice review. :thumbup::classic:

Strange you couldn't find a toystore in Helsinki.

Thank you for the nice review. :thumbup::classic:

Strange you couldn't find a toystore in Helsinki.

Thanks Wout,

Yes I also thought it was/is strange I cannot find a toy-store in Helsinki.

I did find some sets in a big store called "Stockmans", if I remember correctly.

But not a dedicated toy-store.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Yes I also thought it was/is strange I cannot find a toy-store in Helsinki.

I did find some sets in a big store called "Stockmans", if I remember correctly.

But not a dedicated toy-store.

You just have to look harder. :wink: There's a large BR-Toys store in Kamppi Center, for example.

I just bought this set today myself, and I must say it suits us Finns very well with it's snowy constructions and all that. These small scale models always make me marvel the possibilities that LEGO bricks offer - for example, the mini-car track is brilliant in it's simplicity!

I can certainly recommend this set for any fan of civilian City-sets, like myself. :thumbup:

Thank you for reviewing this set, it will be a real help to anyone thinking of buying this year's city Calendar :thumbup: .

You just have to look harder. :wink: There's a large BR-Toys store in Kamppi Center, for example.

[May be a bit off-topic, please excuse this.]

Hi, I am from America and a few months ago I took a trip to many places in Europe, first of which was Copenhagen. While strolling around the downtown area, I found at least three BR toy stores. What I am really asking though is, what is BR's website? I can't find it anywhere!

[May be a bit off-topic, please excuse this.]

Hi, I am from America and a few months ago I took a trip to many places in Europe, first of which was Copenhagen. While strolling around the downtown area, I found at least three BR toy stores. What I am really asking though is, what is BR's website? I can't find it anywhere!

www.br.dk (danish)

www.br-leksaker.se (swedish)

I don't think there's a English version. :sceptic:

------------off topic------------

Hi Sandy!

me and my girlfriend just went to the BR store. I know why I couldn't find it now when we were at the Kamppi center.

It is called BR-lelut.

I did search for lelut and leikkikalut in google maps later in the week, but couldn't find the BR store.

For the linguastically impared (like me) lelut & leikkikalut is Finnish for toys.

And I found out during my visit, that the word toy is not really used on billboards in Finland... :classic::tongue:

Funny guy on the BR logo: white dude with a black Afro and a yellow sun-cap and a white hairpin with the letters BR.

Quite strange. :laugh:

Kind regards,

Teddy

----------------------------------

On topic: I really like the set and highly recommend it, like Sandy does. :classic:

I'm just glad to see Santa is back, but these City Calendars have sucked the last few years and LEGO is incredibly stupid for not releasing the Castle and Pirate sets in America.

If you live near a Border's in the USA you can sign up for email coupons and get 30% off this set because Border's has them in a Christmas section.