The Penguin

The Penguin's Historical Minifigures..... )

These Romans look awesome. Very nice sculpy molds and paint job. I had to read the English (still a bit rusty on Latin)

Great job :thumbup:

Very nice job on these, The Penguin! Awesome work. :thumbup:

Keep up the great work.

Also, I'd like to know - what do you use to add the parts such as the fat bellies, etc?

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Wow! What brilliant figs, Penguin! :thumbup:

The details are fantastic! It must have been tricky to paint such intricate features.

Great job on the Sculpey too!

Wonderful. I look forward to seeing a MOC with them all. :sweet:

Thank you very much, ADHO! ) :thumbdown: (Yes, thumbs down for you from now on! :laugh: )

Yes, well, the gems and fur took ages to be painted correctly, but i'm somewhat glad it turned out pretty nice. ) Oh, yes! Once I get my hands on the new Atlantis sets, the MOC will just be obligatory for those figs. )

Wow that Centurion is just breathtaking! So is Mistress Octavia and her scuply boobs! :tongue:

But they all look like real figures! Well Done!

~MC

Thanks a lot! ) :thumbup::classic:

Well, Octavia Domina was a character I was really eager to make. And it was the second time I was making LEGO boobs! sculpind them is a hard work, but how very pleasant! :laugh:

Your customs never cease to amaze me, Pingvinius :laugh:

Keep it up :thumbup:

Thank you, o the great Emperor! :thumbup:

Glory to the Empire! )

These Romans look awesome. Very nice sculpy molds and paint job. I had to read the English (still a bit rusty on Latin)

Great job :thumbup:

Thank you! ) :classic:

Yes, i have forgotten Latin myself practically. Had to consult the vocabulary. Well it was fun writing their speech anyway! ) :classic:

Very nice job on these, The Penguin! Awesome work. :thumbup:

Keep up the great work.

Also, I'd like to know - what do you use to add the parts such as the fat bellies, etc?

Thank you very much! ) :classic:

I use Greenstuff, a special substance for modelling. Tricky to work with, but great once you've mastered it. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

...they all look like real figures! Well Done!

Real? Clearly Octavia has received implants! J/K, I know what you meant here. :-P

Pingvinius' cloak is ace! I showed my entire family earlier. They were impressed hehehe

LEGO UNIVERSE!

Great and unexpected installment!

The purist colonial soldier works very well, and the Holmes and Watson are excellent! Did you custom make the bowler hat? The continuation of Holmes's suit onto his legs looks good.

Your figures never cease to impress me, Penguin! :thumbup:

It's good to see you reviving one of other minifigure topics, especially one with so much potential. :wink:

As a purist myself, I especially like the Colonial Soldier. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Nice and simple, I like it. I've always wanted to see someone make a Watson for the new Detective minifig. Great work. :thumbup:

Great and unexpected installment!

The purist colonial soldier works very well, and the Holmes and Watson are excellent! Did you custom make the bowler hat? The continuation of Holmes's suit onto his legs looks good.

Thank you. ) :classic:

Well, the bowler hat is a painted official one from the new Minifigs line. Though I've had my own design prior to that one. I used my bowlers mostly for my Batman figs.

Your figures never cease to impress me, Penguin! :thumbup:

It's good to see you reviving one of other minifigure topics, especially one with so much potential. :wink:

As a purist myself, I especially like the Colonial Soldier. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Thanks. ) :classic:

This topic, indeed, has huge potential, and i, being a big history fan (if I may say so) should pay more attention to it. Your suggestions for future figs are always welcome. ) :classic:

Nice and simple, I like it. I've always wanted to see someone make a Watson for the new Detective minifig. Great work. :thumbup:

Thanks. ) :classic: The funny thing, is that i do not like the new detective fig very much. It's good, but well, something is quite boring about it. I prefer a realistic black suit holmes rather than a hunter's outfit one. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks. ) :classic:

This topic, indeed, has huge potential, and i, being a big history fan (if I may say so) should pay more attention to it. Your suggestions for future figs are always welcome. ) :classic:

Hmm... suggestions.

Well, I'm sure you're far more historically knowledgeable than me, but I've got a few ideas.

Maybe some American Presidents? There's a lot of them to do. :laugh:

And, if you go into more recent history, Winston Churchill or other war leaders?

These are just ideas, though.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. :wink:

Ooh excellent figs, Penguin! :thumbup:

They look very true to their references.

You should definitely write a story for these two!

You are a very talented painter. My favorite is Queen Victoria - I think it's the expression on her face. Lenin is excellent, as well. I'm in love with his beard - so perfect. I have to note that Sculpty bosoms and belly on your Roman pieces were cracking me up - good work!! :rofl:

Kudos on the traveling outfit for Holmes and I also think his long coat works very well.

I dare say that I may have actually enjoyed learning history, if I had these figures to "play" with. :wink: