Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Eastindian Tradeship

thindexedgif.gif 3d

As Phes told me that this is new material I'd decided to start a new thread to discuss it

first the link

the title of the ship is: "a ship of the Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie"

and then a few pics

voc_ship_17.jpg

full view of this magnificent ship

and of the captain's cabin

voc_ship_15.jpg

I like the excessive use of blue bricks and the ship also have very nice details *wub*

KimT

Shame about the limp wrinkled sails, they look like they could do with a wash n starch n iron!

Its a pity LEGO never covered a Dutch sub-theme within the good old Pirates theme. A cargo ship would be a nice change than the usually military or pirate ships, which returns us to our gripe about how there wasn't anything for the pirates to plunder...

Shame about the limp wrinkled sails, they look like they could do with a wash n starch n iron!

Its a pity LEGO never covered a Dutch sub-theme within the good old Pirates theme. A cargo ship would be a nice change than the usually military or pirate ships, which returns us to our gripe about how there wasn't anything for the pirates to plunder...

Yeah agreed. There wasn't even enough Spanish sets. All that was given was the imperial trading post which is quite military and less trade |-/

KimT

Considering it has more cannons than eldorado fortress which should be milatary..LEGO made a lot of mistakes and they need to go back and make it right...Make more pirate sets!!!!

Don't get me started about the lack of Imperial Armada sets... That is an insult to the Inquisition! We were in the Caribbean first and we should of had sets dedicated to use from the very beginning!

Anyhow... Does anybody know or have an image of a mid 16th century the Dutch flag? I always thought it was Orange... Well that's what pirate computer games lead me to believe. (Notice thats "pirate" not "pirated")

I love the open barrel piece... but not as a crows nest.

God Bless,

Nathan

No it doesn't look quite right does it Mr Norro, but it seems as though it belongs there. I thought that was a washing tub anyway!

It looks much better used well in a MOC or in lego's original guise as the last hop of a desperate pirate...

God Bless,

Nathan

6270 old chap! The first large Pirate island released in 1989! You need a picture to go along with that? :D

Ahh Forbidden Island... yes it does look good there!

God Bless,

Nathan

Shark Island is the UK/Australian name for Forbidden Island. Or is it the other way round? :-D Point is I forget which is which sometimes, but generally I've noticed the northern American names have been accepted internationally these days.

Ehh... can we have a pic of this "merchant" I haven't got the faintest idea about what You're talking about!

KimT

EDIT: arw man this is bad, I posted in the wrong topic :$ :$ . But can we still have a pic 8-|

Ehh... can we have a pic of this "merchant" I haven't got the faintest idea about what You're talking about!

KimT

EDIT: arw man this is bad, I posted in the wrong topic :$  :$ . But can we still have a pic 8-|

He is wearing the black tricorner hat and standing outside the lt blue building in this pic.

God Bless,

Nathan

This is just like Where's Wally (or his Northern American twin, Waldo)

Good to see you being more international in your national steriotyping...

God Bless,

Nathan

KimT

EDIT: arw man this is bad, I posted in the wrong topic :$

This is just like Where's Wally (or his Northern American twin, Waldo)

Good to see you being more international in your national steriotyping...

I don't like to leave anyone out! :D

Actually, a pirate with a red stripey torso would be more appropriate for a Wally/Waldo....

Actually, a pirate with a red stripey torso would be more appropriate for a Wally/Waldo....

I've often thought along the same lines.. he could stand amongst a group of soldiers for a game of "spot and hang the pirate"...

God Bless,

Nathan

Or maybe someone could make an extremely over crowded MOC with the red stripey torsoed pirate and call it Where's One Eyed Willy :D

Or maybe someone could make an extremely over crowded MOC with the red stripey torsoed pirate and call it Where's One Eyed Willy :D

Now that's agreat idea :-D LoL

KimT

And here he is!

pi046.jpg

Probably need to exchange his head with one that has an eye patch to make the One Eyed part work.

How about Where's One Eyed wicked Willy?

God Bless,

Nathan