1. 1. What do you think of this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

Edited by Eskallon

Nice review.

I agree that this set is overpriced but it is well worth getting to see that folding wings mechanism in action. It is quite interesting and is much more sophisticated than the other variable wings starships (eg Imperial Shuttle, B Wing etc).

This set don't seem to be that popular tho since I notice it can still be found on the shelves at a number of toy stores and usually discounted too.

Thanks for the review! I really love this set, and the ship. A lot of Star Wars fighters seem too small for my tastes, but this (and the Magna Guard one) are comparability solid. The wing mechanism is very nicely done, as is the cockpit opening system. It's a great set for swooshing too; I love to pick it up by the center "wing" and then run around the house! :laugh: My biggest complaint is that TLG chose (like a few other recent sets) to be deceptive on the box and imply that it sits flat when it actually is nose-down. A minor complaint, but I wish they wouldn't do things like that.

Rare part hunters note; the damped cylinder is an old one, but this is the only one that has the spring removed.

After eying it off for ages, we finally stumbled across it at almost half price in Big W.

Have you noticed I've been eying off a second! :grin:

Great review; nice job getting a photo with the wings deployed. :thumbup: I bet that was not an easy balancing job.

I voted this set as Outstanding. The technique for allowing the wings to gradually move into their flight position is wonderful. And even though I agree it is overpriced -- and I wish it had included a random clone or mechanic -- it's just such a fun set that I went out a purchased a second one. My plan is to display one in flight and the other sitting on the flight deck.

'fastest ship in the galaxy.' Not likely, the Millenium Falcon is way faster (from what Han says anyway) and the ARC-170 looks like it could and probably can. I think the V-19 Torrent is horribly ugly and unsuited to the Republic Navy's needs. But good review. :thumbup:

'fastest ship in the galaxy.' Not likely, the Millenium Falcon is way faster (from what Han says anyway) and the ARC-170 looks like it could and probably can.

Actually he said it was the "The Fastest Republic Ship In The Galaxy" so the Millenium Falcon arguably doesn't count. (It was under a different name at the time and was considerably slower.) Also, at the time the V-19 was in front-line service the ARC-170 didn't exist and the Falcon didn't receive its "special modifications" until about ten years later.

As for being ugly, the ARC-170 wins that hands down.