Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor - Chapter 1

Lord Athranhart waited at the station, humming. A party. He hadn't been to one in years, and though he generally didn't get excited, he was at least interested in who would be there. Old Faisser. How long had it been since he had seen him?

A train whistle blew and snapped him out of his thoughts. He picked up his bag and stood at the edge of teh platform, ready to board. The only person at the station was the police cheif. Athranhart could not remember his name. The police chief caught his gaze, and waved. Athranhart did not wave back.

The train pulled in and Athranhart boarded. The Emerald Express. A lovely train, he had heard.

He quickly found a compartment, stowed his bag over head, and prepared to catch a little shut eye.

001.jpg

Right as the train started moving the door opened and in walked the police man.

002.jpg

"Hello!" he said, and extended his hand. Athranhart grudingly took it. "I'm Morrison."

"Athranhart," responded Athranhart. He watched as Morrison stored a suitcase and briefcase in the overhead, and then sat.

003.jpg

"So, where are you headed?" asked Morrison.

"Mafstraw Manor."

"Oh... me too."

(Only these two can post right now, more characters will be introduced very shortly!"

---------

1) All standerd rules apply. No editing of posts, no this, no that. I think you've almost all playedin other games, look at other games rules if you need guidence. Tiny_P always has good rules, follow them!

2) I want serious players. Don't get me wrong, I love the jokes this site brings to Mafia games. Love them all. But I want this to be slightly more grim (why didn't Whitefang sign up?!) of a Mystery. Does this mean no joking? Of course not. But when someone dies, at least act like someone died.

3) Game Actions - I want this game very up ended. That means most actions go. You will be given Night Actions, which you must follow, but if you'd like to try anything else... ANYTHING ELSE, PM me, or post in in the thread. I've already played this game on another site, and one of the cahracters actually hung himself. Yeah, he PM'd me that, and I did it. Someone shot someone else. In front of everyone. It wasn't an action I gave them, they just wanted to do it. I will intevene sometimes, but no harm trying anything!

4) PMing each other is very allowed, but you must state that you are doing it in the thread. A simple I grab Lord Athranhart and Father Clearnace and talk to them privately will be great! You just have to let other players no. i have no way of enforcing this rule, so I'm trusting the honor code here.

5) Every player must post 3 times a chapter or you will be replaced. If you are going away, please alert me so I know.

6) All actions you want to try go in italics.

Cast of Characters:

060-1.jpgLord Athranhart (A Lord) - Striker

063-2-1.jpgMme. Florance (World Famous Chef) - Zapper Brick

057-1.jpgCheif Morrison (Cheif of Police) - Adam

058-2.jpgSrgt. Johnson (Retired Army Srgt.) - Miccacol88

063-1.jpgAmelia Warhog (Famous Fighter Pilot) - Hewkii9

059-1.jpgProf. Rudy (Prof.) - Bob the Construction Man

061-1.jpgRex Harbor (Party Man) - Eskallon

056-1-1.jpgFather Clarance (Priest) - Draggy

062-2-1.jpgJimmy Thacher (Matinacne Man) - Ricecraker

061-2-1.jpgThomas Baker (Lawyer) - ImpShadows

062-1.jpgLord Gregor (Lord) - Zepher

Reserves

-General Armadiaz or something, his name is all boney right now..

-Awesomestar

-Commander Flash

-YG-49

-Big Cam

So, anyway, Lord, me and old Betsy here have got this train well protected. :sadnew: On the way to the party, eh? Same here, Lou. I mean Lord. *feels gut* Hey, there's my iPod! *listens to the Bee Gees*

So, what do you think about this party, eh?

... You've got a gun? What happened to subtle detainees? When I was your age, nobyd had iPods or the internet. All we had were goldfish and slingshots.

And we put the goldfish in the slingshots, and shot them at our sisters.

So, yes, the party. What connections do you have to Lord Faisser, Morrison?

I'll have you know that Faisser has become familiar with my wide renown around these parts, my liege.

But at first, I wasn't sure I wanted to go, so I asked my deputy: "Do they still have those cherry popsicles?"

But enough about me, and old Betsy - she ain't no gun, Lou, I mean Lord, she's my... portable... phonograph - what's an old banana like you doin' on a train? Don't you get train-sickness like any sane raisin?

OOG: This is the 30's. I didn't amke that clear at first, but please don't mention any now-a-day items anymore :wink:

BTG:

004.jpg

As the two talked the train screeched to a halt.

"Next stop?" ventured Morrison. "Wonder if we'll have any other visitors."

And indeed they did. Shortly after they stopped a group of three men walked into the rom. Athranhart recognized the first man as Gregor, who he had met at another party of Faissers some years ago.

005.jpg

"Hello old timer," said Morrison happily, standing up to offer him his seat. "I'm Morrison."

"Gregor," said the other fellow, and then thanked Morrison and sat down. "Athranhart, I don't know if you remember me, we met once."

"Yes."

"Let me introduce my friends. This is Srgt. Johnson. He fought in the war with Faisser. They're both retired now."

006.jpg

"This other fellow seems a little confused. He calls himself Rudy. He's also going to Mafstraw, but he seems to think that it's for a different reason."

007.jpg

"Are any of you on the board?" asked Rudy, looking a little angry and confused.

(Everyone on the train can post!)

I'll have you know that Faisser has become familiar with my wide renown around these parts, my liege.

But at first, I wasn't sure I wanted to go, so I asked my deputy: "Do they still have those cherry popsicles?"

But enough about me, and old Betsy - she ain't no gun, Lou, I mean Lord, she's my... portable... phonograph - what's an old banana like you doin' on a train? Don't you get train-sickness like any sane raisin?

obscene hand gesture

For your information, Morrison,Faisser is an old friend of mine. Excuse me for my interest. *cough* :wink:

Just call me Athranhart, if it's easier. :hmpf:

Errr, Aren't we going to the Higher Education Board's Party at Mafstraw Manor?

I recieved a message in the mail today from a gentleman called Keene Reeves, do any of you know who this man is? Are any of you teachers? Where the hell is this train going?

Gah, useless, the lot of you.

*Sits down in chair, pulls big hat over my head and starts to sleep*

Excuse me for my interest. *cough* :wink:

Okay, okay, nothing to see here, just a couple of not-so-golden-oldies chumming around, feedin' themselves biscuts, tellin' 'em they're not fit for the outdoors...

So, Rudy, watchya doin' here, mental case?

So, Rudy, watchya doin' here, mental case?

Mental Case? Is that really the way an officer of the law should be talking to me? Much less the police chief! I'll have you know that I am a famous professor from the prestigious Provindale University! I have taught many a student in my lifetime, and I do not need to be told off by some donut eating cop.

/facepalm

Will all of you just behave yourselves?

[talkingtoself]I can't wait till I can lock myself up in my room and read.[/talkingtoself]

Mental Case? Is that really the way an officer of the law should be talking to me? Much less the police chief! I'll have you know that I am a famous professor from the prestigious Provindale University! I have taught many a student in my lifetime, and I do not need to be told off by some donut eating cop.

Just 'cause I'm a walking cliche doesn't mean you have to rub it in, pal!

I take it you were invited, Arronax?

Just 'cause I'm a walking cliche doesn't mean you have to rub it in, pal!

You got that right.

:hmpf_bad:

Quit arguing! Don't any of you just like to read? A good mystery always cheers me up.Take a look at this one I'm reading right now, Morrison. The Mystery at the Manor! So exciting! The grumpy old Lord just got murdered by the...

Sets book on table and pushes it away.

I don't feel much like reading anymore...

I would like to talk to the officer in private.

*Drags Morrison to the next car*

We all seem to be a little confused. I'm sure everything will be sorted out once we reach Mafstraw. So, Athranhart, how have you been lately?

As Gregor spoke, the conductor came online "Ten minutes to Mafstraw Village". He said happily.

It's about time we get to Mafstraw.

*I walk back into the main cabin with Morrison*

Anyway, I can't wait to have a talk with this character who pretends to be a teacher. :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, who's pretending to be a teacher? Also, I've forgotten to say nice to meet you, Morrison and Gregor. Are you heading to Mafstraw as well?

*continues to observe the group of lunatics quietly while muttering, "what is this really about?"*

*continues to observe the group of lunatics quietly while muttering, "what is this really about?"*

Who are you calling lunatics? :angry: And where's your voice coming from, I don't think you're on the train. :sceptic:

After a quick plot twist train ride, the train finally pulls to a halt at Mafstraw Village Station. The group gets off the train and stares around at the small village. On the horizon they can see a wonderful looking Manor.

"Well, there it is!" Said Morrison.

END OF CHAPTER 1 - NO NIGHT ACTIIONS TONIGHT!

The next chapter will be up by the end of today!

"Ah! There it is!" *Jurassic Park theme song* *helicopter flying towards Isla Nublar*

:tongue:

Well, at least I know I can leave this madness if I stay in my room for a little while... I could certainly use a nap.