Sign in to follow this  
dragonboy79

Pirates of the Caribbean IV

Personally, I think this would belong the Culture/Multimedia forum. And it's already been talked about Lego making POC. M*g*bl*cks has already done it, so the speculation has died down a bit.

Personally, I think this would belong the Culture/Multimedia forum. And it's already been talked about Lego making POC. M*g*bl*cks has already done it, so the speculation has died down a bit.

My apologies. I was just wondering if a LEGO line would be more likely now that the movie is confirmed by Disney, but of course I guess we're all a bit tired of the speculations.

i dont think lego needs a specific PotC line, their own pirate line is great and if ppl are that interested in PotC they can always MOC the stuff.

im not ragging on PotC btw, in fact it was those movies that got me back into lego pirates - im just saying lego will be fine without it

I think it's great news to hear that there will be a PotC IV.

But on the LEGO part:

No, it is not necessary, like Edgehead said before me: we could always MOC the stuff.

And I think that the result of a real LEGO jack would be disappointing, because of the hat/bandana.

Also, m#g#bl#cks has already done PotC.

What a damn shame. Some people just don't know when to stop. The first 3 films were supurb, but the story lines went downhill over the 3. I can see that 4, 5 and 6 will be rubbish. I love POTC as much as the next guy, but I think 3 was quite enough.

What a damn shame. Some people just don't know when to stop. The first 3 films were supurb, but the story lines went downhill over the 3. I can see that 4, 5 and 6 will be rubbish. I love POTC as much as the next guy, but I think 3 was quite enough.

I thought it went downhill at number 3 they had way to many things going on too many story lines, the first one was fantastic, the fourth one seems like its going to be in the same vain as the first one but with no mr bloom or miss knightly (thank you god!). i think its a bit harsh calling 4,5 and 6 rubbish when four has only just been announced.

Zuloo, You just hit the nail on its head! Thats exactly my point of view. The last two movies got too...Crazy.

I mean the Second movie is the worst, To fantasy. First movies good cause it had Port Royal and British stuff. The third was alright but a bit stupid. A whole armada of Batteships retreat just cause 2 ships destroyed one of theres. Its like Pirates have 9 ships, Armada has like 20-30 ships.

However it would be nice to get some Undead Pirates. Rather than just a Lego Minifig with a Skull head, I would prefer molded bone leg on one side and normal leg the other. :pir-skull:

YES, what you say just exactly like Harry potter!!!! Add new story line and character in every movies, similarities repeated again and again, dull and never want to end. :pir-hmpf_bad:

I dont even remember what I see / what the movies tell after watching the order of pheonix and the new half blood prince.

Still has 2 movies to go to the big ending (total 8, even longer that Starwars). sigh, and I probably wont go to see. :pir-sceptic:

btw, I do love Pirates of the caribbean, and also Starwars. I love the episode 4,5,6, as well as the 1, 2,3. Athought some people says 2- the atttack of the clones is boring too.

Lets wish the PoTC 4 be a good movie and everyone will happy, but still have 2 years to wait for. :imperialguard_commander1:

Zuloo, You just hit the nail on its head! Thats exactly my point of view. The last two movies got too...Crazy.

I mean the Second movie is the worst, To fantasy. First movies good cause it had Port Royal and British stuff. The third was alright but a bit stupid. A whole armada of Batteships retreat just cause 2 ships destroyed one of theres. Its like Pirates have 9 ships, Armada has like 20-30 ships.

However it would be nice to get some Undead Pirates. Rather than just a Lego Minifig with a Skull head, I would prefer molded bone leg on one side and normal leg the other. :pir-skull:

Hi Joey, I think that isnt that stupid. For the craziest part I would say the release of the "Colipso".

Lord Beckett leads the soldiers and the fleets to fight, so if Beckett is dead what's the point for the soilders still need to fight? To revenge? For their master?

Not only Beckett is gone, also their two flagship (Endeavour and the flying dutchman), also their powerful "weapon" Davy Jones and his undead sailor, Mercer, and also other high rank commander on the Endeavor.

The soldier must be frightened, even they have more men but who knows what "special weapon" the pirates have to defeat their leaders and the flagships.

Not worth to take the risk, better to retreat and save own life. Not only in movie, it's real, in history, even in games. In Total war you will find the enemies retreat easier if you kill the general. :pir_laugh2:

I think it'd be pretty sweet. It would mean multiple new torsos for Pirates, and fleshie heads for Pirate MOCs. but since Megablows already did PotC, I doubt Lego will.

Which brings me to my next question, is there even a sweet term like AFOL for adult fans of... Megablows?

The soldier must be frightened, even they have more men but who knows what "special weapon" the pirates have to defeat their leaders and the flagships.

Good point, if I was a sailor and I saw a normal human turn into a huge human as big as a ship I'd be sailing away pretty quickly too! :pir-grin:

Which brings me to my next question, is there even a sweet term like AFOL for adult fans of... Megablows?

Yeah - idiots. :pir-tongue:

Well, with a fourth part, maybe lego wants to have a POTC set as well, wouldn't that be nice? Just like they did when the ..th part of Harry Potter was released.

Anyway, a bad 4th part is still better than nothing, but like a lot of people here I prefer a bit more realistic things in it.

Unfortunately, the last I heard, that-competitor-that-starts-with-an-"M" had the POtC license. So we most likely will not see a LEGO POtC theme in the near future.

Oh God, bite me.

I loved the first, the second was okay, maybe even a little better at some points, but the third was just awful. I swore I'd eat my hat if they made a Spidey Four, and it looks like I'll have to get my stomach pumped, but if this movie goes through, then I won't pump my stomach so I'll die! A lot! :tongue:

Please hollywood, stop killing things!

Edited by Darth Legolas

i dont think lego needs a specific PotC line, their own pirate line is great and if ppl are that interested in PotC they can always MOC the stuff.

im not ragging on PotC btw, in fact it was those movies that got me back into lego pirates - im just saying lego will be fine without it

Your not looking at the big picture. Yes, one can always moc the POTC line, but an official LEGO license would open up the opportunity for alot of new parts and mini figs. For instance..

This is a perfect example of what could possibly come from a POTC line. Also, a Black Pearl ship would give us black hull pieces (i might be wrong about that. Pirates are by no means my strong point), black sails, Flying Dutchman with custom "Triple" front guns, a Davey Jones fig... I'm not even into pirates, but i could get pretty excited just think about it.

Unfortunately, the last I heard, that-competitor-that-starts-with-an-"M" had the POtC license. So we most likely will not see a LEGO POtC theme in the near future.

Mega Blocks also had the Cars license but that was dropped, and LEGO is now taking it over. The license is with Disney, and is there's to do with what they please.

Oh God, bite me.

I loved the first, the second was okay, maybe even a little better at some points, but the third was just awful. I swore I'd eat my hat if they made a Spidey Four, and it looks like I'll have to get my stomach pumped, but if this movie goes through, then I won't pump my stomach so I'll die! A lot! :tongue:

Whether you "approve" or not, bottom line is the movie is going to be made. lets hope TLC takes advantage of this.

Good point, if I was a sailor and I saw a normal human turn into a huge human as big as a ship I'd be sailing away pretty quickly too! :pir-grin:

CALYPSO! :pir_wacko: Lets hope POTC4 will be good. But I don't know why the movies have Davy Jones as the villain and the game has Jolly Roger as the main villain. That Confuses me.. maybe because Jolly Roger can have more ships as Jones is tied to one? confusing! :pir_wacko: But lets hope POTC4 will be a good movie. :pir-wink: but who will be the villain now? Becket is gone, Jones is gone.. who's going to take Jone's place? unless will turns bad.. :pir-look: Becket is gone... isn't he? O_O

*snip*

but who will be the villain now? Becket is gone, Jones is gone.. who's going to take Jone's place? unless will turns bad.. :pir-look: Becket is gone... isn't he? O_O

Don't quote me on this, but I think the villains are skeleton pirates. I read it somewhere, don't remember where though. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Don't quote me on this, but I think the villains are skeleton pirates. I read it somewhere, don't remember where though. :pir-hmpf_bad:

I read that as well. No doubt they will be tied to the fountain of youth.

CALYPSO! :pir_wacko: Lets hope POTC4 will be good. But I don't know why the movies have Davy Jones as the villain and the game has Jolly Roger as the main villain. That Confuses me.. maybe because Jolly Roger can have more ships as Jones is tied to one? confusing! :pir_wacko: But lets hope POTC4 will be a good movie. :pir-wink: but who will be the villain now? Becket is gone, Jones is gone.. who's going to take Jone's place? unless will turns bad.. :pir-look: Becket is gone... isn't he? O_O

ha, in that non-realistic movie, who knows?

Maybe Beckett come back as a cursed soul or another witch brings him back again if the director wants to. :pir_laugh2:

Many Characters in that movies seem to be non-dead.

The crew of the Black Pearl while they were cursed.

Jack when he stole a cursed coin.

Babossa, the witch brough him back.

Davy Jones, and his "fish men".

Jack again, being saved at the world end.

Even Will Turner, being the captain of the Flying Dutchman and re live again.

:pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

PS: I love Beckett. :pir-blush:

:pir-skull: Undead Skeleton's are getting a bit old.. :pir_laugh2: I think I've played POTCO to much. :pir-hmpf_bad:

And you telling someone not to quote ya, Is just beggin' to be quoted. :pir-laugh:

I read that as well. No doubt they will be tied to the fountain of youth.

Florida Scene maybe? Maybe I can go see them film if they film near me. IF they go off set to film :pir_laugh2:

Maybe Beckett come back as a cursed soul or another witch brings him back again if the director wants to. :pir_laugh2:

PS: I love Beckett. :pir-blush:

Beckett coming back would be.. AWESOME! :pir-blush: Yea.. Beckett Rocks. :pir_laugh2::jollyroger:

Oh God, bite me.

Heh, I hear that. I never saw the 1st or 2nd PotC, but I did see the third and it was a horrible movie. I had no desire to see either of the first two afterward, although everyone tells me they were much better.

We'll see if Lego gets a license for PotC, but I wouldn't at all be brokenhearted if they didn't. Obviously I'm not a fan of the series to begin with, but Lego seems to be heading towards the majority of their sets being some sort of licensed theme. I'd like to see Lego develop a lot more of their own themes. JMO

This is a perfect example of what could possibly come from a POTC line. Also, a Black Pearl ship would give us black hull pieces (i might be wrong about that. Pirates are by no means my strong point), black sails, Flying Dutchman with custom "Triple" front guns, a Davey Jones fig... I'm not even into pirates, but i could get pretty excited just think about it.

But if you think about it. The Flying Dutchman would be waaayyy to complicated for Lego to do, and even if they did, they would have to have big purposely made Lego Pieces. Cause the flying dutchman has ots of bones and lime-greeny creme pieces. flying-dutchman-front.jpg

If you can fin out a way to make a perfect replica of that in Lego, I would certainly buy it. But Lego do not make 2 Decker ships.

And the Black Pear could be alright to make, but you would have to use sort of Lego "Community MOC Techniques":

black%20pearl%20(10)s.jpg

Its sort of like the Mary Rose design.

I think that it'll be brilliant, just like the other three, if the producers put enough work into it. I always wondered what happened at the end of POTC 3 when Jack sailed away into the sunset on a dinghy... :pir-sceptic:

I don't know if anyone pointed it out yet, but Megabloks( :pir-sick: ) already has made a POTC theme, so doesn't that mean LEGO can't make one? I believe there was a small discussion over on eurobricks about the fact that LEGO couldn't make a Halo theme because Megabloks already had licensed one. :imperialguard_commander1:

I like PotC I, but II and III sre getting worse and worse.

They gradually got more and more Fantasy, and the British were acceptable good guys in the first movie, they were the bad ones in the 2nd and the most badass bastards ever seen in part 3. I hate this. after PotC I I really thought, that all this over romanticised rubbish would be cut down to a limit.

As to the Defeat of the Navy ... Every Ship had a Captain, and Officers, and Soldiers. So simply turning your back and running is not an option, as the sailors would have no choice. The Flagship of Beckett would have never been so easily destroyed in the first place....